• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Good Suppliers in the uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Been looking for a good uk based supplier recently as importing just shifted to outside my budget. ( G/D paycuts and company streamlining <_<)

Soo... anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
all depends on what you want; the Attends and Molicare (hartmann) websites are okay and deliver within a fairly reasonably predictable timeframe (so you know when to be in, approximately, if need be).
but i still find that retail outlets (certain chemists and mobility shops) are the most convenient for use.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
hmm, I'll have to keep looking then, I wasnt too impressed by attends and not tried molicare yet

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
There are a few other sites that haven't been mentioned yet too. The ones I use mostly are Allanda, they are cheap for Tena Slip Maxi and have free shipping. In addition there is Medisave, who have a wide range of delivery options, which can be very useful if your aren't in often during the day (i.e. they do Saturday deliveries etc.) Another one is BM Supplies, who supply different nappies to some of the others.

I hope these are helpful.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
thanks Jon, I'll check them out ;)

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Has any of you guys ever ordered from dorset-nursing before? If so, whats the delivery like?

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
Has any of you guys ever ordered from dorset-nursing before? If so, whats the delivery like?
I havent personally, but I do know another furry who orders from them exclusively. I can always ask him if its any help?

I ordered from Allanda on wednesday and they arrived today. not bad at £20.63 (inc. shipping) for 21 tena slip maxi's

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Another plus for Allanda here. Discrete packaging and prices are okay (now that the bad exchange rate makes importing from Save in Germany expensive).

Most the others aren't discrete. Hartmann ships with their name plastered all over the box and I think their use their own vans from what I remember so rather obvious who they are.

Other than that, everything I've bought usually comes from SaveExpress in Germany, but as I say it's working out expensive now. They do have a vast array of brands from all over Europe, very discrete service, and are pretty much TB/AB/DL aware.

risquenun

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I order direct from abena's UK office. Abena.
I usually telephone my order and I have signed a VAT exemption form with them so everything comes VAT free.

Role
Adult Baby
Heya,

I have two suggestions where you can order from online:

First suggestion is tender-care.com. I have ordered from this site a fair few times. They are pretty well priced, much cheaper than the other brands such as attends and molicare (both of which have websites that you can buy online if you wish, so you can always try them too). The tender care site though, they sell their own brand disposables (may I recommend the all in one night pads). The delivery is descrete (wrapped in black plastic, no sign on the outside of what is inside). There are also discounts for bulk buys (£33.50 for 90 of the night ones)

My second recommendation would be to simply keep an eye out on ebay. Sometimes it is expensive on there, single nappies going for £3. However, if you keep an eye out you do find some real bargains.

Hope this helps.

Also, many manufacturers do free samples via their websites, which may be something worth taking advantage of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've purchased from BlushingBuyer.co.uk in the past. I think at the moment they stock Depends, Tena and Molicare. Everything is shipped in plain packaging and in my experience they always deliver on the day they say they will.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Hartmann ships with their name plastered all over the box and I think their use their own vans from what I remember so rather obvious who they are.
not so:

:cool:
that's one of the boxes that's used for their general shipment, but my last order came in a plain box.
they use City-Link round here for delivery (which has a collection facility if there's no-one home) and i only live about ten miles away from them. you used to able to collect in person from the warehouse.....and that was much easier than having them delivered.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Must have changed then as when I used them (was a few years back though), they used their own tape to seal the box and it was covered with their name. The box had the name prominent also. Invoice was clear on the top showing exactly what was ordered.

Also when I used them the courier left the box with the neighbour!

At least they're using CityLink now. They're close for me and do usually take the package back to the depot if I'm not in.

A lot use DHL (Allanda do unfortunately) and that's an hour's trip for me to collect!

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Must have changed then as when I used them (was a few years back though)......
it was a couple of years ago that they moved onto the new delivery system and stopped letting people collect (must've been a 'risk assessment' that judged that customers would cause major mishap and "might even be a cause of global warming" :rollseyes: ).
it was a ball-ache at first, but it's still a ball-ache that there's no retail outlets for them across the isles.
i bet you can get them from shops in Germany and France [plays the racism card] :mad:

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
One thing with Dorset nursing they do have there name clearly on the top of the wrapping on the invoice, which my mother of all people a nurse seen and figured it out.

E

Elli

I tried Tender-Care recently after hearing from BabyBunny that they come packed in discreet black bags (see above). I ordered 30 'Night' nappies. Here's what I thought:

Service: Very fast. Website says 3-5 days. Arrived within 3 days.

Discreet packaging: Very good. Could tell they made an effort. The website says they appreciate the need for discretion and yes, it arrived with a black bag securely taped around it. There were no give-away company names, or any other details to hint of the contents. The invoice was folded to hide the company name. Of course, 30 nappies is a reasonable size and weight parcel, which naturally might make people curious about what's inside. It wasn't boxed, so people could feel the package, I guess, but would they really work it out? Not sure. I see they do a catalogue, so I wonder whether they mail that out to customers, which would blow discretion, unless that's packaged in a black bag too!

Payment: There is the option of printing out an order form and paying by cheque. Useful for some.

Product quality: Other than these I have used Boot's Stay Dry Briefs (with tapes) and Kendall Lille Supreme Maxi. I thought the padding and absorbancy was as good as Kendall Lille (very good) and quite impressive for the relatively low price. The outer has no elastic on the waistband, either front or back. I found the fit is a little less snug and there is more rustle than with Kendall Lille. A good value, 'does it's job and does it well but no extras' product.

Sizing: The size ranges are set smaller than some other brands, I gather. I had to buy large because medium would have been slightly too small, but actually large is slightly too big and man those things come up a long way!! (And I'm not particularly short!) So, there is a fair bit of spare top flap which adds to the rustle. But others may get a perfect fit. I guess they are designed for night time use after all.

eeyore

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Hi Ellie - what do you think of the Boots Stay Dry Briefs?

E

Elli

LOL...ukdl1989, before reading your post I just wrote an epic length post about Boots Stay Dry Briefs on a new thread headed 'Boots'. Go there to find out every small detail of what I think! :p (I have a habit of being a bit 'thorough'!). I'm interested to know what other people think of them too, so if you've tried them, why not go to that thread and tell me what you think too?

Status
Not open for further replies.