Status
Not open for further replies.

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I feel like this is something that would help get some of these stories more reads. As I'm sure we are all aware a lot of diaper fiction is just bad. That being said there are a lot of gems, but you have to wade through mountains of crap to find one. If there was a thread where people could mention stories they thought were good or at least not horrible it would save a lot of time digging through the stories that are not good to try and find something worth reading.

Julius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
This, would require a lot of reviewing, and moderating the fairness of said reviews. Honestly its a lot of work and it works on sites based around fiction like fanfic sites and other crap like that.

But its really not work adisc staff should be doing.

R

RainbowShy

But don't you think this would make people feel bad? I mean to say that some stories are good and others are bad... most writers are just trying to better themselves. If given the right advice can improve greatly. I know I'm not the best writer, but I put a lot of effort into my stories. Most people could easily think they aren't that good. However, if someone were to do this, and no one agreed my story was great enough to be in a good stories thread, then it'd make me feel pretty bad. :/

I understand it's hard to wade through things that don't interest you, but I just don't think this is going to make it any better.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There was a time that stories got stars. I'm not sure how that worked or if it's even feasible. It was a sort of rating system by the membership, like one sees on Kindle and Nook stories.

kerry

ADISC Stories & Discussions Mod
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Are you in favor of this idea?

One of the things I have been trying to work on in the brief time I have been moderator is improving the overall quality of the stories on the forum.

I have been engaging with authors--sometimes publicly and sometimes privately--to help them to work out issues that detract from the excellence of their work or allow it to slip too close to a rules violation. We've had some good results. One or two fledgling authors have given up, but most have spent more time working on improving what they are writing, focusing on things they had not been thinking about before. In general, I think the quality of current ongoing stories is fairly high. Of course, it is a public forum and--other than membership--there are no rules or requirements for who may post, so not everything is going to be solid. That is par for this kind of course, but we are most definitely making headway. And among Tripped, me, and HogansHeroes, we've excised most if not all of the very weak threads by this time.

I don't think that a rating system is really needed, but I'm certainly willing to go along with whatever is decided about it. All I really care about is that the forum continue to improve and that the quality of the stories that are posted on it continue to grow better and better.

Tripped

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
There was a time that stories got stars. I'm not sure how that worked or if it's even feasible. It was a sort of rating system by the membership, like one sees on Kindle and Nook stories.

This was a feature that was in use when I first joined (2010) and was done away with around 2012-ish...my memory is failing me now. If there was a way to activate it just for the stories forum, I believe it would be a good way to rate stories.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
This was a feature that was in use when I first joined (2010) and was done away with around 2012-ish...my memory is failing me now. If there was a way to activate it just for the stories forum, I believe it would be a good way to rate stories.

It's enabled on a per forum basis, if I recall correctly. It's entirely anonymous and (I think) an average of all ratings, though, so it wouldn't be possible to tell who rated a story what. I can see advantages and disadvantages to that.

M

Marka

I believe that it's in use on the blogs...that may give an idea for it's suitability on stories... :dunno: -Marka

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I have decided not to create a "good stories" thread, or implement a rating system for stories.

Various reasons:
- Our mods already have enough to do.
- Given a 5-star system, people tend to either rate 5 stars, or not rate, thus everything ends up with 5 stars, and ratings are meaningless.
- We don't want to endorse certain stories over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.