Good idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I think like every 3 months all members should be able to get a screename change, and if withing a week they can get a new one, then a week after that go back to their old one.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I think like every 3 months all members should be able to get a screename change, and if withing a week they can get a new one, then a week after that go back to their old one.

You can request a name change in the requests forum, which is located above the regulars forum. I don't think there is a limit as to how often you can change your name, as long as you don't go overboard with it.

Also name changing bothers me, because then i don't recognize the people posting, so i will say bad idea.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Even though I changed mine once, I'm opposed to changing of names at all. The exception being if somebody you don't want finding you here found out about it. In which case whatever staff member is in charge of name changes should make the decision. Constant changes of names makes things way too confusing and makes it hard to keep track of who is who.

So in other words; No, I don't think it's a good idea :D

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private

Not going to happen. Consider yourself lucky that we allow you to change your name at all - because most sites don't!

We offer namechanges for three purposes:
(1) to protect the privacy of people whose family/friends find out about their ADISC name.
(2) to allow people whose identities have shifted dramatically to mark this.
(3) to allow people who sign up with terrible names a second chance at making a good impression.

Namechanges are meant to be for serious reasons only.

Trivial matters do not warrant a namechange.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Namechanges are meant to be for serious reasons only.

Trivial matters do not warrant a namechange.

That's good to know, Moo! I was thinking people were mainly doing it on a whim, except for the occasional security concern name change. There's periods I don't get on as often, and it's frustrating to come back to suddenly find new names on established members as RedGravity and d4l pointed out, often with a new avatar as well to add to the confusion. I totally understand why it's allowed in certain cases, however, especially the security need for a change.

~Pramrider

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
It's not a good idea, I changed mine because for years I was either known as St. Jimmy or Kenshin and I wanted someting different.

Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I'm not sure yet, but i've got a hunch someone I know may be able to link me to having this account. It's another online friend, but still i'd have to completely leave that forum.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Light, you can change your name, for all the reasons Moo said above, and if someone can link you to this site then you are allowed to change you name.

What we're saying is, is that its completely impractible, and a really silly idea to make name changes automatically available up to two time every three months, which is what you suggested.

If you need to change your name then go to your CP and at the side it says 'request username change' and I'm sure you're welcome to use it (although I can't guarantee that, because I don't have to deal with it)

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Moo has already spoken, so you know it's not going to happen. If I remember correctly, the reason they don't usually allow name changes is because they basically have to hack the site to do it. If this is the case then they don't want to waste time and effort changing names for the sake of it.
There are also other reasons, mainly the fact that as a community you get to know people and if say 'Peachy' were to change his name then it would cause havoc.

Light - if you are concerned someone can link you to here then that warrants a change of name and they will let you.

Lastly - note for everyone don't use the name you use everywhere else on the internet on ADISC, a bit of common sense please. with the aid of google you might as well be waving your ADISC membership on a flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.