Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hey all,

So I live in the vast Arctic wasteland of Canada, and I hear folks on here talking about these amazing diapers made by Abena, Molicare, et al. My question is...does anyone know where to find these in Canada? My main stop for diapers has been Shoppers' Drug Mart, where the options are Depend, Tena, and some rather awful store brands. I've tried a few other drug stores (Rexall, Pharma Plus) without success.

Any other Canadians have any idea where to find some of the better brands?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
It has been my experience that the 'best' diapers to be found in Canada are found at medical supply shops. That said, I believe the only way you can get Abena, Molicare, etc. in Canada is to order them online and have them shipped here.
Sorry...that doesn't seem all that helpful, but it's the best I can do.

PS Don't knock store brands 'til you've tried 'em :p I actually preferred the "Exact" brand available in not too distant years past at "SuperStore" pharmacy (Not sure if they still offer them tho').

LittleFlint

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
PS Don't knock store brands 'til you've tried 'em :p I actually preferred the "Exact" brand available in not too distant years past at "SuperStore" pharmacy (Not sure if they still offer them tho').

I've actually been wondering about those, are they actually any good? I've been kinda eyeing them, wondering if I should try them...

EDIT: More on topic; In my experience I've never seen anything beyond TENA in stores. I've heard you can get some pharmacies to special order them for you, but that sounds like a hassle to me. Best bet, if possible, is online. B4NS Has (or had >.>) Bambinos among other things.

Ryger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
If you live in Calgary, the Co-op Medical store on Macleod sells Abenas.

Zephy

Moderated
Role
  1. Private
b4ns.com is taking preorders on Bambinos as of today. They even have the new line of Bellissimos.

WildRoseBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

You can also get them if you got to the warehouse for Shoppers Home Healthcare in the NE by the SUN building. I am not sure what else they have besides the whole Tranquility line.

Medical supply store are definately the way to go in Canada. The population density is too low for cheap shipping like they have in the states so store can actually make money carrying good diapers.

LovelyLily

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little

I wish I knew that! I used to live just a block away from that Co-Op.... it was years ago though. :tongueout:

By the way, to answer the question, I used to get Zellers store brand diapers (Truly), and would recommend you that. Unfortunately, they stop making it apparently. It doesn't matter much since Zellers stores will cease this year anyway. That was best store brand diapers I have tried.

Aside that, best way to get good quality diapers would be though online stores like B4NS or something similar.

dirggle

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It has been my experience that the 'best' diapers to be found in Canada are found at medical supply shops. That said, I believe the only way you can get Abena, Molicare, etc. in Canada is to order them online and have them shipped here.
Sorry...that doesn't seem all that helpful, but it's the best I can do.

Don't bother, picked some up last summer. Actually got worse. The new store brand at walmart is not bad. And the new package of life brand at shoppers is quite a bit bigger, going to try some out one of these days.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There is always the plan of making a friend that lives on the U.S. side of the border, then using their address for shipping from U.S. based establishments. That also gives you an excuse to get together for dinner or drinks or whatever. At least, this plan works for an ABDL friend of mine in Windsor, since we both live about 15 minutes from the Detroit-Windsor crossings.

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really wish I could find decent diapers in Canada. I would order them, but by the time you factor in shipping it is certainly not worth it. I'm glad that I can at least get Tena's in my town. I think B4NS is probably the best bet in Canada.

-Ron

Inconinmiss

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If you're anywhere within driving distance of Toronto, the Glenn Erin Pharmacy in Mississauga carries Abena, Tranquility and Tena products. b4ns.com is also a reliable site with fast service.

funseeker

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What a challenge to get your best diaper. You may have to figure out how to get them on-line.

kayakbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Age Comfort.ca is a Canadian homehealth store with free shipping over $50. They sell Tena, Molicare and Traquility at very competitive prices. Shipping is really fast even when it's free; usually 3 days. I typically place an order on a Thursday or Friday and my product is ready for pick up the following Tuesday.

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Quality Life Cares has stores in Winnipeg and Ottawa, they carry Molicare and Tranquility and have a very limited selection of Abena products, they don't appear to offer online ordering anymore.

Blacksmith

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
check ebay there are a few Canadian sellers on the can site Including myself. though Canada Post shipping can b a bit pricey. I will be offering bambinos as soon as I get them in. I live near the boarder so it is no problem to get them in for me.

mondofritz

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'd say b4ns is probably your best shot. I've never ordered from them but they seem to carry the right stuff and at one point (i.e. when I can plunk $50 on some nice ones), I'll order from them. Well.ca (my favourite online pharmacy, free shipping) carries Tena and Depends, but that's about it.

wsherwood

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't speak for the other online places but I've nothing but good experiences with B4NS, they are quick and discreet. They even go so far as to black out the company name on the shipping label which is much appreciated given that I live with 3 other nosey people. I believe they take paypal as well. That being said I still pick up the odd pack of the green cloth backed tenas from shoppers. They seem to fit me perfectly which gives them enough edge to work almost as well as some of the more absorbent products I've tried with the advantage of being easy to hide as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.