Not open for further replies.

Gadget1982

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Does anyone know of any good diaper pails that will work for large size adult diapers. I am IC both and would like a nice diaper pail that i could use rather then just my normal trash bag in my room. What is the best for the price and where is the bestlace to get it? Thanks for any help I can get.

In the heating season I throw mine in the wood stove! LOL

Ya I can't do that I don't have a wood stove... LOL.

How well will it work for wet and messy disposable diapers, any clue?

Works fine; I put a 13-gallon tall plastic trash bag in there as a liner. Pull it out and dispose of contents when it gets full.

Check this ONE out

I've used the one from Adult Cloth Diaper too, but the Busch Pail (the largest size is 14 gallons) is awesome. I have it right next to my bed and use reusable PUL liners from PlanetWise. It can hold a dozen adult sized cloth diapers with liners. I don't use it for disposables, but it would probably be fine for them too.

I just get non-see-thru zipper bags and put them on the top shelf of my closet. I am 6'0 so I can reach them, my GF is 5'2 so she can't even see them LOL

EDIT: Missunderstood, if they are for used diapers, I typically use cheaper but still not see thru plastic bags with like the ziplock top on them. That way it doesn't stink in the garbage.

Spaz said:
Check this ONE out

I've used the one from Adult Cloth Diaper too, but the Busch Pail (the largest size is 14 gallons) is awesome. I have it right next to my bed and use reusable PUL liners from PlanetWise. It can hold a dozen adult sized cloth diapers with liners. I don't use it for disposables, but it would probably be fine for them too.

That one looks like it is really nice. Probably odor-proof too.

It is for USED wet and messy diapers.

If it calls for a 13 gallon plastic bag liner, you can buy the Glad ones which are sprayed with Fabreeze. I use them for my makeshift diaper pail.

I didn't think of that. I might have to try that and see how that works.

I use a modified Playtex "Diaper Genie" diaper pail.
I empty it into big kitchen trash bags.

How would I modify a diaper genie. Isn't it to small to take adult diapers into the lid?

Gadget1982 said:
How would I modify a diaper genie. Isn't it to small to take adult diapers into the lid?

I removed the spring-loaded flap under the lid, and my adult diapers can now fit into it.

So rather then twisting to seal the diaper you just push the diaper into a regular trash bag right?

Gadget1982 said:
Thanks i may have to try that one. I was looking at the Décor Kolor Plus but I didn't know if it would work for adult diapers. https://www.google.com/#q=incontinence+diaper+pail&tbm=shop

I have the Dekor Plus Color; it fits adult medium disposable diapers wrapped tightly and I empty it every other day. A larger option is the Dekor XL. This one is explicitly made for adult diapers and has a larger top opening and larger capacity. I have this one as well and use it as a cloth dry pail, though it would also be fine for disposables.

With both of these, you can buy the special bag inserts or just use normal 13 gallon kitchen trash bags.

Rubbermaid makes regular trash cans, with lids, in various sizes from about 13 gal. to 50 gal. They are intended for use as outdoor trash cans, but the smaller sizes work great for diapers. I keep the 20-gal size in my garage to store used cloth diapers until the next wash. Works very well.

Also, I would note that the Rubbermaid trash cans are considerably less expensive than anything advertised as a "diaper pail!":D

--John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back