Good Botox outcome

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had a round of Botox injections in my bladder about three weeks ago. I generally get this done every four months or so, although my last time was way back in November. I've been having a lot of pain from my interstitial cystitis, and the Botox helps to calm that down.

The best part is that it's dramatically improved my incontinence as well. For the past two weeks I've been wearing a diaper only when I'm going to be someplace that I can't easily get to a restroom, which isn't very often. Today I managed to sit through the three hour Avengers movie without having to get up once to pee, and without having any bouts off urgency.

I still have some urgency sometimes, and i carry my diaper bag and a spare pair of pants in my car just in case, but so far everything is going well. I know from past experience that my pain and incontinence will come back sooner or later, but I'm happy to at least get a break from them.

I've been very happy with the Botox treatments, and this was the best one yet. The only downside is that I'm having to use a catheter for or five times a day to get my bladder to empty fully, but that's nothing compared with daily incontinence and continuous pain.

Last edited:
Italov,
I too have IC and it is the source of my incontinence. Would you mind if I talked with you more in PM, discord or something like Telegram?

I have tried Botox in the past two different times and the out come for me wasn't worth the cost. It didn't allow me to totally go without protection because my bladder would still let loose on it's own just not as much. The two times I had it done, it semi helped for about 2 months tops. Since I still had to wear protection, and the out of pocket insurance expenses were very high for this procedure I decided not to have them done any more.

At that time, I went in front of a panel of people with the health insurance company I was with trying to get diapers approved. They rejected paying for my diapers but all agreed the insurance company would be willing to allow me to keep getting the botox injections every 3-4 months. I was shocked they were willing to pay out over $20,000 every 3-4 months but not willing to spend out $3000, to $5000 a year for diapers. This showed me that the medical insurance companies isn't really looking out for cost, they are looking out for the doctors so they can keep making lots of money.

Back