Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It should be a slow and quiet day at work today, and its only a half day too. I was thinking of staying diapered this morning, and just being in them all day! So, I think I will take some Cushies to work with me! There are a couple of single-stall bathrooms at work, so that should make changing easier.

ok good job

Back when I worked at this one grocery store company (synonym for gem), I rarely got the chance to use the restroom. One time I decided to wear diapers to work. Needless to say it was helpful. Downside was I accidentally messed myself at the end of he shift. Luckily, however, I was doing trash duty then leaving, so they thought it was just the trash.

On most of my days I'm too active to wear diapers. Something about running around, climbing up and down ladders, and bending over all day... ... However, sometimes I have to run the till, and those days I do take advantage of being a counter fixture. Amen to silentdreamer and not getting many toilet breaks!

Oh get this. My final straw was when I was pushing carts in a lightning storm. My partner outside added his carts to mine and I went to open the cart gate to move them inside. My left foot, which was infected, got crushed by half the carts. Because of a couple of back injuries I can't properly feel my legs. When that foot started bleeding and leaking out of the shoe, oh boy I felt it. I went to my manager seeing if I could head home early, seeing as I had only 30 minutes left and it was 10:00 p.m. They said no and to suck it up. They later had the nerve to try to get me to work the Sunday after I quit. I had followed the procedures of giving them notice three weeks in advance, and they still try to make me work. When I went to get my last paycheck, they yelled at me, so after getting it I said to them "When I say I quit, I quit!" It was like no other worker ever stood up to them before.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more thing, because of the union dues, I only made 5.58 per hour! They literally forced you to join a union, even if it was just a part-time job over the summer!

silentdreamer1996 said:
Oh get this. My final straw was when I was pushing carts in a lightning storm. My partner outside added his carts to mine and I went to open the cart gate to move them inside. My left foot, which was infected, got crushed by half the carts. Because of a couple of back injuries I can't properly feel my legs. When that foot started bleeding and leaking out of the shoe, oh boy I felt it. I went to my manager seeing if I could head home early, seeing as I had only 30 minutes left and it was 10:00 p.m. They said no and to suck it up. They later had the nerve to try to get me to work the Sunday after I quit. I had followed the procedures of giving them notice three weeks in advance, and they still try to make me work. When I went to get my last paycheck, they yelled at me, so after getting it I said to them "When I say I quit, I quit!" It was like no other worker ever stood up to them before.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one more thing, because of the union dues, I only made 5.58 per hour! They literally forced you to join a union, even if it was just a part-time job over the summer!

Wow that's quite an experience.

1 - I'd have filed for workman's comp before quitting. I've been injured on the job once and filed for comp because I had to get xrays (fell on the job, bruised a rib, needed to make sure it wasn't broken/cracked, and get pain meds) Avoided having to pay a copay for the visit and meds, not a big savings but worth my time filling out paperwork. It was the first time HR had ever dealt with workman's comp because I was the first one to have the balls to ask for it. (it wasn't a small company, but had a lot of "disposable employees" that were afraid of losing their job over it - my job wasn't disposable)

2 - ANY notice is "at will" unless you have signed a contract that specifically requires it. (very rare, and there's always some sort of perk like severence package tied to it as compensation) Employers like to be hypocrits on this, "we'll fire you anytime we please, but we demand notice when you leave!" "Nope, I'll give you as much notice as I feel you'll give me." I said those exact words to a manager years ago when he tried to start that with me. "So how much notice will you give me if you're going to fire or lay me off?" He stomped off in a huff. (and everyone in the building was laid off with zero nortice three months after that, I found out later that the bastard knew our center was closing, he had about 6 months heads up) Sorry, you being down 10% of your staff is far less inconvenient for you than me suddenly being down 100% of my income, I deserve more notice than you, not less. But it's polite, considerate, and will help you get a good reference from them if you value that later. (sounds like you did not) There are very strict laws on what an ex-employer can tell a prospective new employer if they call for employment history, and whether or not you gave notice is not on that list. They may tell them anything they want to (including lies) but it's illegal and grounds for lawsuit so most employers don't do it more than once. ;) Any company with an HR manager won't be stupid enough to try it. OTOH if you give them as a reference, they can go into more detail. An employer is legally allowed to tell a caller (A) the range of time you were employed, (B) your title and possibly a little detail on your position or job responsibilities, and (C) were you fired or did you quit. They are on very thin ice giving any information as to why you were fired. I watched a network admin get fired last year, and we were all explicitely informed that if anyone asks, he was fired "for a major policy violation", and NO further details were to be given. They'd been sued by ex-employees over firing and had learned how to keep their mouths shut, that advice came staight from their legal team. Odds of him suing were very close to 100%, but they were going to try to prevent him from winning it, and not discussing privleged informartion or providing specific information as to why he was fired (giving him something specific to try to discredit) was part of that plan. If they tell you why you were fired, and you can prove that was wrong, you can win a wrongful termination lawsuit. No reason given makes it very difficult to win wrongful termination. Don't give the ex-employee any ammunition or ground to stand on. But that also means they can't slander you or sabotage your attempt to get a new job.

3 - I don't know the letter of the law where you live, but I find it shocking that union membership is legally required in any way. There may be "rules on the books" that you were quoted to, but that doesn't make them legal. Payroll deductions are carefully controlled by law. For example, if you accidentally damage a product while on the job, they cannot deduct the cost from your paycheck. I watched an employer threaten to do that to another employee, "Be careful with that, if you break it, it's coming out of your next paycheck!" No, it's not. Not unless you want a serious legal headache that you can't possibly win. Again, any non-braindead HR manager will step in and quickly "educate" your manager about how he needs to keep the company's lawyers out of the fire. So its hard for them to take money from your check before you get it. Once it's in your bank, it's your money, and again it's very hard to compel you to spend money outside work on work-related things. Uniforms, travel reimbursement, sometimes tools, that's about it and it has to be in writing when you sign on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back