Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Yeah! Ya heard me ^^ I'm going to rip some ass in this game. :D Don't bother me this weekend :p :laugh:

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
As soon as I find a main (since Yoshi is nerfed into basically nothingness), I will be in full wrecking position. Check yourself before you wet yourself.

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I've actually never played a SSB game...

my only game for the 3ds is pokemon x, so maybe i'll get this too =3

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i got it today at 3 pm, thanks to slow/later in the day UPS delivery. Little Mac is a freakin beast!

I've actually never played a SSB game...

my only game for the 3ds is pokemon x, so maybe i'll get this too =3

it's really fun.

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Just got it.
Took me a little while to pick up the basics; and I still find myself trying to use the d-pad...but i'll get the hang of it. :)

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I beat the game yesterday and was already disappointed.

Kyrieelleison14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
SSB4 has become my latest obsession, all my friends play it, although some of the most competitive of our group (They all play project melee if you know about it) are a bit disappointed in it. For the most part I just enjoy how easily you can connect to other people and compete.

ClandestineWing

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
although some of the most competitive of our group (They all play project melee if you know about it) are a bit disappointed in it.

That's because the PM designers have an infinitely better understanding of balance and competitive Smash Bros play than Nintendo. :p

AuraBlaze

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I'm currently trying to decide if this is worth buying for my 2ds or if I should just save money for a Wii U and get that for what will probably be more comfortable controls.

Kyrieelleison14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
That's because the PM designers have an infinitely better understanding of balance and competitive Smash Bros play than Nintendo. :p

Absolutely, but even PM doesn't have 100% balance at all times, they just do something that I hope Nintendo will do for this smash bros: they update the game and balance unbalanced characters. I've just never been a fan of the style of PM play, which is usually to master a 0% to kill move combo, and edge-guard until you win. I like more dynamic play, but that's just me.

Granted, most of my competitive friends won't even give the game a chance, which is a shame, because PM still requires someone to set things up on usually their own personal wii, whereas smash 4 makes things a bit easier.

ClandestineWing

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I've just never been a fan of the style of PM play, which is usually to master a 0% to kill move combo, and edge-guard until you win. I like more dynamic play, but that's just me.

Well, edge-guarding is just a core mechanic of competitive play, but the devs do still strive to limit it; Jceasar even made fun of Mew2King for grabbing a ledge 56 times in a game; told him to "tech the ledge-grab". :p

Kyrieelleison14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Well, edge-guarding is just a core mechanic of competitive play, but the devs do still strive to limit it; Jceasar even made fun of Mew2King for grabbing a ledge 56 times in a game; told him to "tech the ledge-grab". :p

Yeah, as much as I'm not a fan of it, even I understand it's a part of the play. Still it does come off as funny when things like that do happen, basically a pull-up routine for the character grabbing the ledge and jumping off and back on. I haven't played PM in a long while, but I've played with a few of the professionals and gotten soundly beaten, but they at least acknowledged I have Ike down pat.

Green

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Overall, I'm pleased with the 3DS rendition of Smash brothers. I just don't feel like my 3DS XL is big enough for such tiny bottoms and d-pad. I honestly can't play for more than 10 minutes without my hands cramping up. I enjoyed the music, stages, and somewhat the characters included. The only complaint I say I would have is that the Metroid franchise is still not showed any love. Nintendo missed an opportunity to include a Metroid fusion stage. I mean c'mon, if we're going to reference hand held games Metroid Fusion would have been a great choice. I;m curious as to what is left to be discovered in the WiiU version.

Zachie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
As soon as I find a main (since Yoshi is nerfed into basically nothingness), I will be in full wrecking position. Check yourself before you wet yourself.

... Are you nuts? Yoshi is practically the best he's ever been! Most of the tier lists I've seen have him near the top, compared to being nearly the worst character in the last three games.

Kyrieelleison14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
The most recent tier list I saw put Shiek, ZSS, Duck Hunt dog and Bowser at the top of the list, with robin meta knight little mac and rosalina coming in at the next tier level. Yoshi's about mid-tier now, but he did get a huge buff since brawl.

Zachie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
The most recent tier list I saw put Shiek, ZSS, Duck Hunt dog and Bowser at the top of the list, with robin meta knight little mac and rosalina coming in at the next tier level. Yoshi's about mid-tier now, but he did get a huge buff since brawl.

I must not have seen that one. 'Course, the tiers are gonna be shifting quite a bit until the metagame settles in. The game has yet to be out for a week and all. Shiek, ZSS, and DHD seem to be common faces in the top tiers around now. I'm maining Robin, ZSS, and Iggy either way.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I wish the new 3DS had been released already. There's no point in getting one now... but I wanna play Smash Bros :frown:

ClandestineWing

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
... Are you nuts? Yoshi is practically the best he's ever been! Most of the tier lists I've seen have him near the top, compared to being nearly the worst character in the last three games.

Actually, Yoshi was probably the best in 64, since that was a game where he had basic moves with large hitboxes, as opposed to gimmicky moves with tiny hitboxes. And they did nerf him quite a bit compared to Brawl; his eggs explode too early and don't cover as much distance, the stars that come out of the Down-B don't cover as much distance as they used to either, his Side-B and Down-B have little to no priority, and his Up-air doesn't KO anymore.

The only thing they improved was his Up-smash. Other than those adjustments, he's not really any different from Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.