• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Going to have to share my room with a 4 year old :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
And this kid doesn't behave. He's going to have his tonsils removed which will hopefully fix some of his behaviour.

Hes always getting into things and its gotten to the point that you have to lock his door at night to avoid him from stealing food and smearing it all over the carpet and the walls.

I need advice of how to keep my stuff safe from harm, I was suggested by my FP to put my computer desk and all of my valuables in the walkin closet and put a doorknob on it that locks.

But I don't know if that would work, any other suggestions for sharing a room with an obnoxious brat like this?

Thankfully its only until October but I dont know if I am going to be able to take it.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Does he wear pull-ups or something?
What does that have to do with anything?

To the OP: I'd say the walk-in closet idea is a pretty good start, but I'd say that unless you just want to consider yourself under siege for six months, you're going to have to try to engage with this kid a little and improve his behavior both for your benefit and his. Try to see what he likes and establish some consequences relating to that when he behaves badly. I don't envy you this little home invasion, but I think you should be able to manage the worst of it. On the plus side, if you ever needed an excuse to have any part of your stash (presuming you have one) locked up/concealed, this is a great time for it. Good luck...you'll need it.

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I hope you are a deep sleeper b/c some 4 year old's wake up pretty early and get pretty active.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What Trevor said.

But how would having his tonsils out improve his behaviour? o.o

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Does he have something wrong with him like a mental condition?

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why on earth would you allow this? Have you no idea how to stand up for yourself?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Oh please, what kind of four year old smears food all over? I never did that and neither did my brothers at that age.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wow, poor you, I don't envy you! I've had to share my room with a four y/o for just one night and it was hell! He woke up in the middle of the night and got into my makeup and got it everywhere - argh!!

I'd say put everything breakable/valuable/of great sentimental value, on some really high shelves/in a locked box.

The closet idea is a really good one, but like Trevor said, if you're having him stay that long then I suppose you do need to kind of interact with him... enjoy :)

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Oh please, what kind of four year old smears food all over? I never did that and neither did my brothers at that age.
The kind that is a kid and a 4 yr old.. You are acting like most of adults do when they act oppressing to their kids and don't let them live their life just because they can't remember that EVERYONE was like that when they were that young... Most people that forget about important stuff like that just affect kids in a negative way because of emotional repression.
You need to let kids live the stage of life they are supposed to live.

Also, about the kid.. The best way to go would be to befriend him and to talk to him nicely (I assume he can speak) and just lead the way in the good behaviour department and be a good role model to him (almost all kids copy behavioural patterns when looking up to someone).

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
A kid with ADHD does.

And there is a scientifically proven fact that for some children having the tonsils removed can lead to improved behavior because of a link of tonsils and sleep disorders like sleep apnea, etc.

He does snore. And he breathes rough during the night.

The reason I cannot saay anything about this... we are moving from a house to an apartment. The house had 3 bedrooms + a den. The apt has 3 bedrooms.

I wouldn't dare keep a stash around a little kids because they will get into EVERYTHING. And the only thing I can think of is hiding them in the floor storage.. thingies in my minivan. Or in my truck there is a handle on the bench that lifts up and has a plywood under it and if I move that there is a storage space ( for groceries I suppose )

... Section 8 won't give us a 4bedroom house, even though we used the den as a bedroom in this house which gives it the equivalent of 4 bedrooms, I just don't understand it if the limit is 900.00 a month and we've seen 4 bd homes for 600.00 WITH A POOL and they will not let us have more than 3 bedrooms and they wont lety us have a pool even if it means that they will be saving money in the long run..

So the apt were renting is 800 something, but it has a swimming pool, a playground for the kids, washer and dryer, free cable, dishwasher, 2 bathrooms.. 3 br...

But they wouldn't give us the 600 house..

Don't start rattling on about politics either FP is diabled and can't work so we need to make the best of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I wonder how you found out he has ADHD if (assuming you are economically limited) psychiatrists are somewhat expensive and an ADHD diagnosis would take definitely more than just a couple of sessions.

And about the tonsils thing.. I'm sorry for being skeptic, but please show us a valid (and backed-up) medical/sociological article that backs your points.

And, does the child need his tonsils removed (sounds to me that he doesn't, please correct me if I'm wrong)? [If you are doing it just because of disciplinary ordeals, be aware that it will cause the child a lot of pain and suffering and will tell him and us the kind of people you are... Besides being plain unethical.]

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
... Section 8 won't give us a 4bedroom house, even though we used the den as a bedroom in this house which gives it the equivalent of 4 bedrooms, I just don't understand it if the limit is 900.00 a month and we've seen 4 bd homes for 600.00 WITH A POOL and they will not let us have more than 3 bedrooms and they wont lety us have a pool even if it means that they will be saving money in the long run..

So the apt were renting is 800 something, but it has a swimming pool, a playground for the kids, washer and dryer, free cable, dishwasher, 2 bathrooms.. 3 br...

But they wouldn't give us the 600 house..

Don't start rattling on about politics either FP is diabled and can't work so we need to make the best of it.
You just got like what 3,000 dollars that you wanted to use on you truck to jack it up and your on section 8 housing? (I see someone exploiting the system..)

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
You just got like what 3,000 dollars that you wanted to use on you truck to jack it up and your on section 8 housing? (I see someone exploiting the system..)
I don't think a 17yr old teenager would be taken into consideration for that kind of thing, specially when he's saved up that money by working and not by receiving it from an instant relative.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh good god, two nights mith my 7 year old, hyperactive cousin was bad enough, but four!!! You'd better hide your stash as if they find out they will go running upstairs showing what they found. (my cousin did that to me, but I managed to stop him in time:sweatdrop:)

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
A kid with ADHD does.

And there is a scientifically proven fact that for some children having the tonsils removed can lead to improved behavior because of a link of tonsils and sleep disorders like sleep apnea, etc.

He does snore. And he breathes rough during the night.

The reason I cannot saay anything about this... we are moving from a house to an apartment. The house had 3 bedrooms + a den. The apt has 3 bedrooms.

I wouldn't dare keep a stash around a little kids because they will get into EVERYTHING. And the only thing I can think of is hiding them in the floor storage.. thingies in my minivan. Or in my truck there is a handle on the bench that lifts up and has a plywood under it and if I move that there is a storage space ( for groceries I suppose )

And that's why I asked if he has a mental condition because it didn't sound like normal 4 year old behavior. It could have been mental retardation or autism or whatever.

The kind that is a kid and a 4 yr old.. You are acting like most of adults do when they act oppressing to their kids and don't let them live their life just because they can't remember that EVERYONE was like that when they were that young... Most people that forget about important stuff like that just affect kids in a negative way because of emotional repression.
You need to let kids live the stage of life they are supposed to live.

Also, about the kid.. The best way to go would be to befriend him and to talk to him nicely (I assume he can speak) and just lead the way in the good behaviour department and be a good role model to him (almost all kids copy behavioural patterns when looking up to someone).
We're supposed to let them act like spoiled brats? My mother never let my brothers and I act that way, she disciplined us when we misbehave. Being a kid is all about learning and to let them run wild, how will they ever learn when they are older? It's harder to teach kids things when they are older because you had let them get into their bad habits and never put a stop to it when they started when they were young.

When I got into her make up, she stopped me when she caught me. She gave me time outs, she spanked me, sent me to my room, took my bike away, my Barbie dolls, grounded me just like all good parents do.

I grew up with kids in my neighborhood who ran wild and they were all bullies and disrespectful and you bet I envied them. I wanted to be a brat too and bully kids and not have any rules and now I am happy I had a mother who punished me. I am now the person I am now, nice, respectful, I follow the rules, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
The OP shared about living with FP, which often means Foster Parents.

Thus the FP and the OP would know the medical history of this active 4yo, who might be ADHA.

Quite likely the laws of their State and rules for FP preclude use of punishment on the 4yo. Federal law does not allow any sort of physical punishment of special needs children supported with Federal funding. Besides if the child is ADHA seldom does traditional punishment help modify annoying behavior.

Unfortunately this is a serious situation, way beyond the needs of the OP to keep diapers a secret.

I wish all of them the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.