• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Going to Bolivia for almost 2 weeks/*I'm back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I never say where I go so this is my first.
I just did this so I wouldn't get complaints about me not replying to private messages, and people wondering where I went.
Any tips on going there?
Has anyone gone there?
I am afraid of Killer bees, Kidnappers, getting detained, and false police.
any tips of avoiding these things.
I am leaving for the airport this evening.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Yeah I've been there, where are you going? If you fly into La Paz the airport is at 35,000 feet and if you stay long while there, you might need to take a blood thinner so you can breath easier. As far as all thos scary things, just be careful, don't go anywhere that might be suspect. Stay in the open and be ready to speak spanish, if you know it.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah I've been there, where are you going?
Santa Cruz,Bolivia.
If you fly into La Paz the airport is at 35,000 feet and if you stay long while there, you might need to take a blood thinner so you can breath easier.
I am only there for less than 2 weeks and I heard thew location I will be at 16,000 feet above sea level.
As far as all those scary things, just be careful, don't go anywhere that might be suspect.
I read that the cities are the only dangerous place and my family is not planning to visit the rain forest there.
Stay in the open and be ready to speak spanish, if you know it.
we are going to the farmland outside of the city.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Wow, Bolivia. That sounds like a lot of fun. I have no tips for you, because I am yet to leave this continent, but I hope you have a good two weeks away. Oh wait, I do have one tip; travel as a Canadian, because everyone likes us better! Seriously though, I'm sure it will be fairly safe their, just don't act silly. Great advice courtesy of me. Have a great couple of weeks. I am jealous.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Does Bolivia have problems with dysentary? I remember the one line from "Transformers" where *Uncle Bobby B.* the used car dealer said his last name, Bolivia, was "the same as the country only without the runs.":eek: Hmmm...maybe best to just drink bottled water with a cap still sealed on while visiting?:confused:

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Have fun and be safe! Learn some spanish, it is the second langauge now! That way you will bring something back for free! lol

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Great news, i'm Back with everything that I left with. and i have to get used to California again because there it was HOTT and HUMID for the first few days, then there was some rain that didn't even get the ground wet, it was less hot, but the days were and breezy for the rest of the time.

Does Bolivia have problems with dysentary? I remember the one line from "Transformers" where *Uncle Bobby B.* the used car dealer said his last name, Bolivia, was "the same as the country only without the runs.":eek: Hmmm...maybe best to just drink bottled water with a cap still sealed on while visiting?:confused:
~Pramrider
The only illness that is big there that kaiser was worried about is Yellow Fever and Malaria.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Welcome back, betagame!:smile: Hope you had a great trip. Anything exciting happen while you were there?

~Pramrider

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I was wondering why you weren't around, but only found this thread now (after you've returned!) :rolleyes:

Oh well, welcome back!

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Welcome back beta!

You might find it interesting that one of the most searched things was betagame!

Status
Not open for further replies.