Going into college soon, never done this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedmain

Contributor
So here in about 7-8 months i'm going to be going into a huge university, and for the first time ever i'm going to be completely away from my family, which is very intimidating. I have always had this intrinsic fascination towards the thought of wearing diapers, and I think i'm going to, for the first time, have a chance at trying it out.

But I have some questions. First off, I don't want to use a cc or anything to pay for them; I just want to use hard cash. Therefore, i'm going to just go to a store and pay for them like that. My question is, which stores offer what? I don't really want to go too far out of my way to find some ABDL-specific store, so lets keep it to well known stores, like Walmart. What kind of stuff would Walmart or some other store offer that you guys would consider adequate for the whole experience?

Thanks.

At this point, unless you can find something worthwhile at a medical supply store, I don't think there is anything worthwhile available retail. If I were you, I'd look into gift Visa cards and have your order left at the UPS store or the like if you're concerned about receiving a shipment.

How does the mail work at your university? At mine they had individual mailboxes (really more like tiny PO boxes for letters) but you still had to talk to staff at a desk to pick up packages. If it's like that then ordering online would be an option (use Visa gift cards if you don't already have a debit card or don't want to leave an obvious paper trail). Staff don't look through your mail (or at least would never admit to it), so you wouldn't have to worry about roommates peeking in your package.

Ordering online would be your best bet, if you can make it work. I also second using a prepaid visa card, which works just like cash. See if you can get one through a credit union and it will help you build up your credit score too.

Another option might be to have your diapers shipped to your local distribution center (with delivery instruction to call you when it arrives). You'd have to go there to pick it up on your though.

If all else fails and you absolutely have to buy from a store, then only get them through actual medical supply stores. Don't even bother with major chain stores. They only carry the useless stuff that literally won't hold a single full wetting.

I had diapers shipped to college - just make sure the shipping is 100% discreet

For ordering online another option is use post service called General delivery, which mean that they will hold package in post office until you come for it

How about Amazon lockers?

Well, to answer the OP's question, any drug store or grocery store will carry diapers. You can look through the aisle and see what they have. Most stores have Depends and Attends at least, though I honestly haven't looked carefully in quite a long while. A quick search shows that Walmart carries some Tena products, which are usually better quality than some of the other brands. Even then though, the stuff most stores carry is for light or moderate incontinence, meaning that they're more likely to be pads, liners, or very thin diapers than a true adult diaper. That kind of light incontinence product is meant to hold a little bit of wetting without showing it, but if you empty a full bladder, it's going to leak because it's not meant for that. You can buy some of those products and try doubling up as well for a better experience, but, yeah, it's not great. Way better than nothing, but not great.

So, other options. Trevor's advice to look for a nearby medical supply store is a good one. They carry way better diapers: stuff like Dry 24/7, the good Tenas, and sometimes Abena (the M4/L4 depending on your size are almost universally recommended). There's also lots of advice here about shipping. A note I'd add is that pretty much every ABDL diaper supplier sells samples. That means just 2 diapers, which can be shipped in a regular thick envelope and fit into a mailbox, so you can order a sample, carry it upstairs, and hide it in your room. It won't stand out anymore than a magazine or a book package would. You can get bigger orders later, but if you're just starting out, trying something nice for the rare moments when you can indulge is, I think, more valuable than getting the bulk discount on your diaper orders.

I also go to college in the US, and typically the post offices on campus will give you a small PO Box that will fit letters and magazine sized items. "Oversized" items (aka too big to fit in the PO Box) will be held by the office workers and you will receive some form of notice that you have a package (mine is a note in my mailbox and an email to my student email address). It is a felony for anyone to open your mail, so really the most you need to be concerned about is the package on the box, so try and use a website that offers discrete shipping if you're ordering online. You can purchase Visa gift cards in most stores in denominations of about $25, and you'll end up paying slightly more (~$27+) for the tax/card activation fees. These will allow you to purchase online effectively using cash.

You'll have to look into what services your college offers regarding public transportation specifically--mine offers a regular shuttle to a nearby town with a drugstore, but to get to the nearest city you have to take a taxi, or have your own car/ a friend take you. Once you find that out, figure out a method to hide your products if that concerns you. I'm not sure what retail stores like Walmart or Target really offer, but on an educated guess I'm assuming they aren't going to offer more adult-diaper products, likely more focused toward children.

when I first started, I bought attends from HDIS using Postal Money Orders. So, don't rule that out. but yeah it does involve some sort of surprise delivery. or if you can afford it maybe open a box at a UPS store.

Before I went to college I bought retail because I was still with my parents of course. After buying quality diapers online when I first went to college I never bought them from retail since then. Like others have said online would probably be your best bet. The discreet shipping is ideal and the diapers are higher quality.
Luckily I was able to have a room to myself my first two years and a DL roommate the last 2 years so it worked out fine for me.

if you must buy at a retail store, try for a dedicated medical supply store, otherwise, the walgreens certainty brief is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back