God vs. Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
hey everyone just started seeing a girl who is totally into christianity. I"m wondering how god/ devout christians would periceve the ab/dl fetish not that I'm looking to tell her just looking for ppl"s opinions on this topic

M

Mako

Sex and sins of the flesh tend to be a no-no in Christianity. So good luck, but your on a rocky path.

<Edit> If you just started seeing her, you shouldn't be considering telling her. This is something to tell someone thats a long term commitment. This early in the relationship could lead to a quick break-up, and a whole lot of people knowing that you may or may not want to.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well yeah i mean she"s had sex before and what not. She doesnt regret it and loves sex.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Another thought if god created us all ..... then god did create us ab/dls/tbs so wouldn't he embrace us ?

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Another thought if god created us all ..... then god did create us ab/dls/tbs so wouldn't he embrace us ?

Yes, I like to think God will love you no matter who you are. But some Christians have a hard time believing that.

Like, look at the opposition the homosexual community is meeting from Christians right now. ABDL can be likened to that somewhat (I'm not saying it's the same thing).

Just my two cents.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I agree.... although im in no way gay but i do see the logic b
behind it

M

Mako

Well yeah i mean she"s had sex before and what not. She doesnt regret it and loves sex.
No offense, that doesn't at all sound like "totally into christianity."

Theres a lot of logistical questions in here I've address other places. But for those who believe in God and free will coexisting. Then no, god did not create AB/DL's. Diapers as a fetish would be considered a sin of the flesh in biblical terms.

Yes, I like to think God will love you no matter who you are. But some Christians have a hard time believing that.

Like, look at the opposition the homosexual community is meeting from Christians right now. ABDL can be likened to that somewhat (I'm not saying it's the same thing).
Not really, not at all. A fetish is different from homosexuality, and I feel insulted they're being put on equal footing.

And there is a reason for that opposition, the bible clearly lays out homosexual acts as a sin. And the case happens to be that most homosexuals commit homosexual acts. It sure as hell doesn't make that opposition justified, but the basis of the opposition is apart of their religion.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This came up on another thread a while back, though it's probably closed now. One of the things mentioned was the whole unclean issue from the Old Testament, and then the arguments and drama poured in. I would leave it alone. Do what feels good to you, and get to know her better. It's all about you and her, not the church. The church has always been out of step with people like us. Why make yourself miserable?

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can tell you from personal experience - the girls who are the most in to religion are the freakiest demons in bed/the kitchen/your boss' office/music room at the local church you could ever hope to meet. Odds are, if she has a problem with it, it won't be her religion that is the reason. She may use it as an excuse, but a lot of religious people use their religion as the excuse when they feel icky about something and they can't explain why. It's like a catch-all excuse - "I feel weirded out, but I'm not sure why. I know, it must be GOD!".

Generally, don't broach the subject of fetishes (especially one so outside the norm as ours) until you've had sex together more times than you can easily remember, and I mean that literally. If you have to think hard to count up the total, then go for it.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hey everyone just started seeing a girl who is totally into christianity. I"m wondering how god/ devout christians would periceve the ab/dl fetish not that I'm looking to tell her just looking for ppl"s opinions on this topic

Well christianity means a lot of things...

What denomination is she?

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not really, not at all. A fetish is different from homosexuality, and I feel insulted they're being put on equal footing.

And there is a reason for that opposition, the bible clearly lays out homosexual acts as a sin. And the case happens to be that most homosexuals commit homosexual acts. It sure as hell doesn't make that opposition justified, but the basis of the opposition is apart of their religion.

I'm putting them on somewhat equal footing because homosexuality is viewed as unnatural by most Christians. And I would venture to say that ABDLism would also be viewed as unnatural.

I was not saying that they are the same, not at all. I'm saying they share a similarity.

Iggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
  4. Private
You're looking for an answer and before I go into anything philosophical I"ll just spit it out...I think it will be difficult for her to accept you. It really hinges I think on how open she is to things. I've been surprised before but my general experience with people who are openly devout, there are a number of things they hold against others. To me it doesn't make sense as just about any mainstream religion is to be humble to some respect and basically treat others the way you'd like to be treated. But there are some prejudices I see people hold onto dearly despite evidence showing their wrongness. So it may also hinge as to what they exactly deem acceptable. I wish you luck and I hope it works out, things are never as cut and dry as they seem and any relationship can work with a bit of understanding :D.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think we're adhering to quite a stereotypical definition of what it means to be Christian throughout the course of this thread. The title is actually quite nebulous and does not require one to abstain from sex, dislike homosexuals, or frown upon people with more peculiar interests. I believe this is far more dependant upon the Christian person's upbringing and less on their chosen faith.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I think we're adhering to quite a stereotypical definition of what it means to be Christian throughout the course of this thread. The title is actually quite nebulous and does not require one to abstain from sex, dislike homosexuals, or frown upon people with more peculiar interests. I believe this is far more dependant upon the Christian person's upbringing and less on their chosen faith.

Dawes makes a really good point here....to me, the whole situation is more about her than it is about Christianity's stance on *B/DLism...especially since different Christians have different viewpoints about just about any issue that you can come up with.

One thing is clear for now...I wouldn't tell her about your *B/DLism for quite some time. To me, in this situation, it's a lot like the idea of telling your parents. Normally, I put friends/partners in a different category than parents...because they tend to be more accepting. However, in this case, the religion is kind of an x factor because there's the chance that she'll have such a problem with it that she would decide to tell your parents (or maybe tell her parents who could in turn tell yours...)

I'm not saying she would necessarily have a problem with it...again, this is dependent upon her. Basically what I'm saying is...to me, this is like other situations of telling a friend/partner, except it's more likely that she would have a problem with it. But really, it's totally dependent upon her as a person.

What I would do first is get a feel for how she feels about homosexuality...as has already been discussed in this thread, it's not the same as *B/DLism, but there are similarities and it's probably the closest thing to *B/DLism that you can comfortably bring up.

But don't just ask her "What's your belief about homosexuality?" Focus more on how she would treat/interract with a gay person. Like, ask her if she would be friends with a gay person, or if she knows anyone who's gay and what her impression of that person is. You could even go so far to ask her what she would do if she one day found out one of her friends was gay. If her reaction was "I would immediately stop being friends, no questions asked" then it's probably a very bad sign about your *B/DLism. But if she's more open minded, then you may have a better chance.

Like I said...her being a Christian is certainly a part of this equation, but it doesn't necessarily dictate it. This is more about her than it is Christianity.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God... but man is saved by grace through faith... not by works, so that none can boast.

I.E. we all do "bad" things... it is part of being human... as long as you repent you are saved. Core of the Christian faith right there.

It's not like you are worshiping Satan or fornicating with children or animals... they're just diapers... I can't find anything that says they are forbidden.

Different stances are why I am against structured religion... it hardens hearts and closes minds... it makes us hate people who are different from us.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I'm not sure how much her being a Christian will affect her feelings on AB/DLism.

If she's one of those conservative, prudish Christians, then I'd be doubtful. If she's one of those modern Christians who live and let live, then your fine.

As for the bigger the question of what the Christian view on fetishes (never mind AB/DLism) is, that still depends on the Christian.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's not like you are worshiping Satan or fornicating with children or animals... they're just diapers... I can't find anything that says they are forbidden.

The only problem I seen with it is if your really obsessed with diapers so much they come between you and god, but if that happens you got bigger problems. Just seeing as how you would be cutting out most or all of your social life.

Ryan_d

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
.... People need to stop generalizing.....

Just because your christian, does not mean you believe ONLY in creationism, or that homosexuality is wrong.

We need to know a lot more about this girl before we say anything like that....

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Umm... I'm not a religous kind of guy, but if she love sex, I think you're already past the important part as far as god would be concerned.

E

Elli

Interesting subject! I am a Christian who wears nappies without physical need. I will give my view...read if interested...otherwise don't! :)

My faith is an integral part of my life, but I am not a religious nut, nor a religious bore. I am quite liberal, curious and not one for following rules blindly. I tend to think about why I follow a moral or biblical principle and get to the core of its original intention and modern day application.

Frictions can arise between those who follow rules exactly and those who take the principle of the rule and apply this principle to the individual circumstance.

The first way runs the risk of being outdated and narrow minded. The other way can result in chaos with everyone having their own interpretation and twisting things to suit themself. In the middle somewhere, there is a responsible, relevant balance.

I think 'situation ethics' comes into this too. Situation ethics is generally considered as doing the most loving thing in the given circumstance, whether or not it fits the rules.

So, I have done much wrestling with my ideas of what God thinks about my nappy wearing habits. I am still working on this, but I firmly believe that above all, in the purest most loving way, God wants me to become the person he made me to be. I don't think God made me to be a nappy-wearer! But currently, I don't think he is against it either. To use a different example, I don't believe God made me to be a consumer of anti-depressant meds, but he made the medicinal rainforests, gave the doctors their brains and would want me to be healthy. Equally though, I believe there are expectations he requires. It's not quite a 'do whatever makes you happy' scenario. A balance of love and lord. That's my beliefs.

I think that Christian people have won themselves two cringe-worthy stereotypes however from being flawed human beings and getting it wrong. Either they have been too accepting and seem like doormats, or they get judgemental and seem narrow-minded. No doubt some of them are, and I can only apologise on their behalf. But not all are like that.

On this forum we sometimes talk about managing to obtain self-acceptence of our less than socially normal desires or habits, to become resolved in who we are instead of conflicting with our own desires. It has taken me a long while to believe that God still accepts me in a nappy and he isn't shocked and he doesn't hate me. In actual fact, I have resolved some childhood problems through revisiting toddlerhood somewhat and as a result I am more the adult I was made to be, reaching my potential more and being less held back by anxiety, depression and other signs of inner turmoil.

I agree with some of the others that the girl in the thread-starting post is as likely or unlikely to be accepting of DL-ism as a non-Christian person. But the reasons they give might be different. I understand abdl desires and it's taken me ages to work out that it's not necessarily 'God vs Diapers', although I like the snappy thread title! :) A Christian person who doesn't understand the abdl nature might still accept you as any other person might but they may be doing so whilst also believing that God would not approve.

I suppose it may also be about using the diapers for sexual means. There is a perception that Christians are against sex. I really think God invented sex and he made people with a sexual aspect to them. I also think there is an emotional, psychological and spiritual side and I think that when people do sexual things together, they connect on these levels as well as on any physical level. I think they remain somewhat 'attached' in a non-physical way, so I think sex is way more significant than people sometimes realise and I want to only ever do that with one guy, who will soon be my husband, co-incidently! The drive behind this Christian view should be love, not judgement and legalism. Unfortunately, people know the 'rules' but not the ethos behind it, and Christians have this anti-sex stereotype. Shame really.

Any new girl/boyfriend without an understanding of DL-ism is going to have to work to be understanding, unless they are just a very laid back person! Having a faith-based viewpoint to consider is one reason why it might be more complex for a person to process the thought of a fetish. There are other reasons, as Dawes says, such as upbringing.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth plus some more spare change I had laying around!! I hope it works out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.