Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
The rep count can still be seen in the Members List.

Last edited:

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
Eh? I can't see it anywhere. Besides, I hate this "+10 rep" thing. I like to see exactly how much reputation people have earned. It's kind of like buying meat or something. "I'll have +10 of that, +10 of that too. Ohh, that's really nice, give me +10 of those too!"

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Click on the Members List thing.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you can't see rep anywhere, then what's the point in having it? That's silly imo. You should at least be able to see it if you go looking for it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Guys...Just give it time...Moo can't just change every little thing he has planned at the same time...It will take longer to fix things than others...Everyone is making this 10+ rep thing way too seriously

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
He's telling them how to make the site more like they want. Really what would be the point in switching over if you can still see the total rep?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
See, this is only causing more drama. GTFO 10+ rep.

(Or you can just give everyone with 10+ rep VIP status. :3)

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
:damnpc: People are just taking this way too seriously. This +10 rep thing is what it is. And this site is what it is: an internet forum. Gosh.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Guys...Just give it time...Moo can't just change every little thing he has planned at the same time...It will take longer to fix things than others...Everyone is making this 10+ rep thing way too seriously

:damnpc: People are just taking this way too seriously. This +10 rep thing is what it is. And this site is what it is: an internet forum. Gosh.

i think the only thing more annoying than the people who start bitching and complaining when something like this happens is the inevitable onslaught of people rushing onto to the scene waving their arms and shouting "woah woah, you're all taking this way too seriously!"

i guess it wouldn't be the interwebz without both the dramatists and the people acting all contemptuous of the dramatists.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I'm going to create an ADISC video game.
Where the object is to get as much rep as you possibly can.
And if you don't send 10 trouble tickets with different problems for each patch,
you're a noob.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I think this new 10+ thing is kinda stupid. Only very slightly though, so I don't mind that much.

Role
  1. Private
i think the only thing more annoying than the people who start bitching and complaining when something like this happens is the inevitable onslaught of people rushing onto to the scene waving their arms and shouting "woah woah, you're all taking this way too seriously!"

i guess it wouldn't be the interwebz without both the dramatists and the people acting all contemptuous of the dramatists.

Highly unexpected of you to say that and take that stance, least it being you of all people... I think I've died a little on the inside.

"Oh noes! We can't see how much rep people have anymore!" - Pfft, as much as I recognise reputation has an effect on people, you can't deny how much bullshit it's needlessly caused over the past few months. I personally feel this is a great compromise between those who want to keep the rep system and those who want it scrapped altogether.

The biggest problem with this website is that most people fail to see the redundancy in the features that get implemented here. In this particular instance...

1). Reputation is given on a user-to-user basis.
For the most part, what does it matter if other people see your reputation score? Am I detecting that people are cherishing status over just plain old enjoying this place? Besides the fact that the higher your score, the more it becomes apparent that you've posted quite a few good articles in the past, there's no other fundamental reason as to why you receive it. Of all the people I like on here, their rep-scores range from as low as 3 and as high as... well... Mandi's score.

2). Reputation is a self-moderation tool.
If a person is playing up all the time, then their low/negative rep score will reflect that. More often than not, it does take a bit of an effort to get beyond 10 rep-points, so I doubt someone who consistently fucks around here will garner the positive rep anyway.

3). Reputation has too much focus here.
I'm actually quite surprised that a small change like this has caused an uproar; I guess it really goes to show just how seriously some people take it. Try to be more productive than fretting over the fact that some anonymous face on the internet disagrees with you, or don't be such a whore about positive reputation that it gets to your head and you start to regard yourself as above others.

If anything, the good that'll come from this is that it'll weed out those people who aren't genuine in their words and just post for the rep and/or attention. If people here truly want to help others, or provide an insightful opinion then I don't see how this feature is going to make any difference to them.

I'm not arguing this point because I feel strongly either way. I really don't care if this feature stays or goes. But I am having a problem with people who are really taking this to heart. If you're going to take it that seriously, you may as well take it as another facet of life - in which case you've got to accept that shit happens.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Good point, Av. But we gotta speak up if it matters to us. Frankly, I don't know if it matters to me. I like Mandi. She has very high rep. I'm prolly reponsible for 20 points of it :p . But as far as the other posters I like (or dislike ftm), I am barely ever aware of where they stand repwise, and I sort of like it that way. The only rep I am concerned about it my own, and even then, I don't need to show it. I just need to be sure I'm above -1 or whatever it is that puts you in mod status.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Look, I am not saying I love this new system. I'm just trying to make it more like they want, just trying to help out! Sorry if I have offended anyone/caused drama.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Highly unexpected of you to say that and take that stance, least it being you of all people... I think I've died a little on the inside.

When forums have their own politics, and stances on those politics..
Something has gone either horribly awry, or wonderfully right.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm actually quite surprised that a small change like this has caused an uproar; I guess it really goes to show just how seriously some people take it.

what uproar? :confused:

personally i'm surprised it's gone over so quietly, considering the sort of hue and cry this sort of change usually causes. a few people disagree with the change and have said so. for the most part it seems we're all taking it quite well.

the only uproar i see is coming from the people running around like chickens with their heads cut off shouting "calm down! chill out! shame on you! don't you have anything better to think about than rep?!" ...etc...

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I'm confused as to why such an insignificant change has gotten a few threads

One thread. :p

(And then one more advising Moo that there's a glitch with it)

But only one about the actual change.

Status
Not open for further replies.