giving modded users the ability to give positive and neg rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I say allow it, since it gets reviewed anyway.

Last edited:

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think it should be allowed to everybody (unless you abused of it).

Why you should be repped, but you can't rep although you have a bad rep?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't see why you should be able to. Then again they might think you neg repped someone who did it to you for vengeance. Also your topics and posts are so off the walls its hard to believe anything you say that is why your being modded so much, at least that's my theory. (also it might have to do with you the most neg repped person in Adisc history.)

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
No. You still have the ability to read, reply, and even post new threads. Somebody who gets bad rep is likely to reciprocate and give others bad rep needlessly.

Role
Diaper Lover
Personally, I think Betagame has enough, just complain in his threads if HE annoys YOU that much IMO.

EDIT: My post failed, I had to fix it.

What I meant to say was, Betagame doesn't need any more neg, he already has a massive pit to climb out of.

Last edited:

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
you don't need to be betagame to neg rep somebody for personal vendetta.
And Why should he give only neg rep? What if he want to pos rep someone?

I say give him the opportunity. if he will abuse of it, admins will block it again.

P.S: betagame isn't the only one member moderated, so please stop using him as an example.

Role
Private
Reputation is given by the people, to the people. So if someone has a low (negative) reputation, then obviously they've done something that has harvested the disdain from other members. Having a negative reputation score doesn't necessarily mean you are not respected here, but it does demonstrate that you, yourself, haven't respected other people.

Users are modded for a reason. And being modded for having a great deal of negative reputation shows that you clearly aren't respecting other people here. When you don't have the respect of your peers, then anything you give them is meaningless. Just as if you don't have the respect of other member's here, any rep you do give them would be a meaningless gesture.

If you want to have the ability to give reputation, then you should first show us that you are considerate of other people here - and that does mean improving the way you post.

X

xdeadx

I think people put way to much priority on rep. Who cares if you can't give rep. That's you own fault for making retarded threads and posts leaving you with the result you have now. If you don't like it, change how you act on these forums and you'll be able to give rep again.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I guess modded users should be able to...But may a limited amount...But you're modded for a reason...Being modded would be pointless if you didn't have some punishments...If you want to give rep, then stop making stupid threads all the time

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
No. Users who have behaved in an adverse or negative way don't deserve privileges like giving rep.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Ditto what everyone else has said. One way or another, he did this to himself and there are consequences for every action. I think we all know what the actions were that warrant the current consequences.

D

daria7483

I say give modded users the ability to give rep, but restrict it to one or two reps a day. That way, if the rep is way out of line, the mods can fix it, but the person can't just go through the forums repping anyone and everyone he sees for no good reason.

As for neg rep, in the rare occasions I've given it, I don't put my name on it, so it can't come back to me. I also don't put my name on positive rep.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't think they should be able to give reputation. It's more likely to be unjustified rep, and so it causes more work.
If you're moderated, your main concern shouldn't be giving out rep anyway, it should be working on making better posts.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Or you could just behave, Betagame, and become a non-moderated user. Effectively, you're on probation and shouldn't be afforded the sames rights and perks as normal users who don't make 27 stupid threads per day :\

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I guess modded users should be able to...But may a limited amount...But you're modded for a reason...Being modded would be pointless if you didn't have some punishments...If you want to give rep, then stop making stupid threads all the time
I thought modded meant having an eye kept on you, not being punished per se. Why not have rep-giving a privilege kept/revoked at the mods' discretion? I could list circumstances under which a person could be modded (especially if automodded) for -rep where he should/should not be able to rep others.

I think each modded person should be (and no doubt is) treated on a case-by-case basis.

While most of the time a high -repcount generally reflects a user who deserves a publicly displayed warning label, there are times when the high -rep stigma defeats the good it serves.

1. +rep is harder to get than -rep. When you get below, say, -2, you may be considered a repleper, and no matter how good your subsequent posts, people won't +rep you, as your -rep cooties may transfer. Or they think you a bad man who, having done such bad things, doesn't deserve +rep period, even though you do good things unrelated to your bad deeds. Why repent if there is no point? Unless you simply make good posts for the sake of it, why go out of your way to work five times as hard to get a +rep as a popular person needs to, when you would still have -19 anyway? I think it is good to give a fair way out for those who erred and want to change their ways. And such people certainly exist: there are several people who remain active participants here, with a deep investment in the forums, who persist for months with a high or high-ish -repcount. We should consider how we want to treat them.

2. A mistaken post or few can get a hellovalotta -rep fast; digging one's way out of a pit is a heroic and valiant struggle; there are a only couple of cases I've seen someone do this.

This is why I like the idea of a cap on the number of rep a single post can get. see thread http://www.adisc.org/forum/administrative-stuff/4352-disabling-rep-reporting-closed-threads.html

Essentially, have a cap on the total rep (+/-) a given post can receive, as reflected in the user's postbit repcount, while allowing all repcomments to be received by the user.
For these reasons I have been a long-time fan of hidden -rep. There could be a variation, whereby a person with -repcount may have the repcount show as being in a "zone" ie (indicated by colour or maybe a meter icon) -repped, very -repped, extremely -repped.

I have no idea why 1) betagame is @ -20, and 2) if he had done so many bad things of such extreme badness as judged by so many people, why is he not banned? Is at least some of the rep undeserved? Did he do many minorly bad things - enough for -rep - but no really evil things? I assume the mods have put their heads together and have good reason to let this situation persist - and do not owe the public an explanation of it. I have the utmost faith in our mods/admins, for reasons many and long.

Last edited:

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
betagame is @ -20, and 2) if he had done so many bad things of such extreme badness as judged by so many people, why is he not banned?
You're not the only one who wonders why he's still here :p

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
im going to have to say no on this one
seriously like others have said if gotten yourself to -20 rep you shouldnt deserve the same rights and perks you are modded for a reason

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
You're not the only one who wonders why he's still here :p
Hee hee, that's funny. Both the people willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (like me) and the people not are wondering the same thing. Partly I guess, some allowance is made for his age, and partly as he is very active:
# Total Posts: 406 # Posts Per Day: 2.31 # Total Threads: 79 Not to mention the effort and dedication it took to construct Betagame

I apologise Betagame, for discussing you in the third person, normally a thing I do not do with a current member. But the info I posted above is in the public domain; and you are a shining test case, being something of an anomaly. Since there is public debate, which has people on your side as well as against, I have joined in. Plainly you blithely ignore your repcount: full speed ahead and damn the torpedos; whether because you like it, being contrarian; or or because though you hate it you have stronger reasons to persist; or because you simply don't mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.