• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Give regulars custom user titles

Should regulars be allowed a custom user title?

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]This idea often gets thrown around (and unfortunately knocked by association) in many of the threads to do with reforming rep and VIP.

So Ive decided it's time to give it it's own thread so it can be judged on it's own merit, and not the merit of ideas it happens to be bundled in with.

Why are regulars unable to have a custom user title? On most forums this is a standard piece of customization just as the signature and avatar are.

The only possible reason I can think of against it is the risk of impersonation, which because of the way adisc is set up (VIPs are bold, staff are purple) is a non-issue.[/font]

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other, Private
I was getting curious about that and I do believe that it can be a form of uniqueness for every member of ADISC but it should have some limits such as minimum 250 posts. It would still be limited to some but it is quicker than waiting to become a VIP.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
And you can't be stripped of it once you obtain it because someone doesn't like your opinion and *finds* a way to word that "justly" [in their minds].

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
It encourages regulars to contribute well to the forum in order to try and become a VIP, so no.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
But it also lowers the pressure to stifle what you truly feel to try and gain some rep. "Fuck the truth, it gets me -rep'ed. I'll make this nice and sweet. Spoon feed them what they wanna hear; it'll get me up to VIP. Nobody likes the truth, it makes them mad. Fuck the truth." That sorta thing, y'know?

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
But it also lowers the pressure to stifle what you truly feel to try and gain some rep. "Fuck the truth, it gets me -rep'ed. I'll make this nice and sweet. Spoon feed them what they wanna hear; it'll get me up to VIP. Nobody likes the truth, it makes them mad. Fuck the truth." That sorta thing, y'know?
I see what you're saying and that's a problem with people abusing the rep system if they disagree with what you say. But the staff will be able to help you with any enquiries to rep won't they?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I like the idea but I think we need to set a post limit for that like if you have a post count 500 or more you get it. With that amount of posts it means that you want to be here and aren't just bsing to get the title.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
I like that, and I'm not even there yet. It'd be nice. I'm obviously not just saying it because I already have that, and I want the title, I'm saying it for the reason that:
After 500 posts, you will have shown quite a bit of how you are. You're bound to slip up within that long, if you're faking something. You're pretty narrowed down. You can't just make 500 BS/spam posts; you'll have had some deleted/caught by them. Even 500 posts of posting ways you don't feel; people will catch on if you're just posting to post, after that long. It seems pretty good of an idea to me... It makes me wanna work for it, and then I wouldn't get that sinking feeling everytime I post my true opinion, and then wait for the Neg-Rep Mafia to come kicking down my door.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Nooooooo.

It's nice to have a reward for being a VIP, a simple extra for contributing positively to the site.
I see no reason for Regulars to have it.

That's just absurd.

Firstly, what freak of nature is self-censoring their posts in order to gain a piece of text under their user-names?
Secondly the idea that expressing your true opinions results in negative rep (that isn't swiftly deleted) is just completely fictional.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
That is pretty much the way it works Charlie... like it or not. Though some people are too blind to see it.

I was VIP for less than a week this time before someone decided to take it because "I'm a horrible person."

Anyone else sick of this shit?

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, , Other
I'm with charlie. I find the custom user title a perk of being VIP- showing you've contributed to the site in some way more than just a few posts and being active for a month or so. Regular status is too easy to obtain, and by giving them a perk such as a custom user title it should be harder to get. If anything just the pos:neg rep ratio could be lowered a bit- but as well, if you want the user title then dont post something that would make someone angry enough to negative rep you. It's easy to hold your tongue and walk away if you feel you may anger someone.

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it would be a good idea as the problem with the vip sytem is the ratio. Which if I remember correctly is like 1 neg rep takes away 10 normal rep in becoming a vip. example if you have 20 pos rep and one neg it takes away your vip status if I am correct. If not feel free to correct me.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I think it would be a good idea as the problem with the vip sytem is the ratio. Which if I remember correctly is like 1 neg rep takes away 10 normal rep in becoming a vip. example if you have 20 pos rep and one neg it takes away your vip status if I am correct. If not feel free to correct me.
Actually its about 8 positive for every one negative. That of course assuming that you only get -1, -2's are even worse for your ratio.

In my honest opinion, The custom user title is a reward for reaching VIP and should stay as such.

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
That is pretty much the way it works Charlie... like it or not. Though some people are too blind to see it.
I've never seen anybody report rep, that didn't get deleted, that was for expressing an opinion. There's been a few delusional people who think that they got rep for that, but they're the ones who are blind.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
And you can't be stripped of it once you obtain it because someone doesn't like your opinion and *finds* a way to word that "justly" [in their minds].

I was VIP for less than a week this time before someone decided to take it because "I'm a horrible person."

Anyone else sick of this shit?
[font="Calibri,Arial"]*sighs*. The point of this thread was to discuss this on it's own, not to turn into another rep debate.[/font]

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'd think it would be better if we simply requested yet another title, for those who have been here extended periods of time, but haven't done enough to earn VIP, or simply haven't been given the credit they deserve, perhaps a "Senior Member" or something, that requires Age and Post count(1-3 Months, 100-200 Post count for example), rather than rep, for the VIPs that also meet this, allow them to have a "Senior VIP" Title or w/e...

Just an idea...I should prob post a thread about this though lol

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't post a lot, so my account tends to toggle between "regular" and "VIP". But then my custom title gets reset. Urrrg...

That aside, this is pretty much the only forum I've visited where there was a two-tier system that restricted something so utterly cosmetic.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
There's been a few delusional people who think that they got rep for that, but they're the ones who are blind.
By "a few" you mean two or three... five... eight... ten? Want me to start naming names?

Please... clarify for me.

That aside, this is pretty much the only forum I've visited where there was a two-tier system that restricted something so utterly cosmetic.
I'm glad you said that. IMO the whole system is "utterly cosmetic" and serves absolutely no purpose.

MetalHeadTiffany

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
First,
In my opinion I think it should remain a reward for reaching VIP status.
Second,
I dont have a custom user title nor do I intend to get one , cause I realized why have a little text under your name when you can have something bigger and cooler like a custom homemade signature bar. The real point is you shouldn't let a text define who you are, you yourself should define who are and be yourself.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It's just a small amount of text people can edit. It's not that big of a deal, so therefor... why does it matter if everyone gets it? If it was already this way, this topic wouldn't be here. We wouldn't be discussing it and we wouldn't of gone off topic.

It isn't as something as big as access tot he VIP section and like everyone's been saying, its only text. Let people have their custom titles since in the end it wouldn't make a difference to anyone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.