Girlfriend's a little, where do we start with the diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsteppedoutside

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hi, my girlfriend and I have been together for the best part of the year, and around a month or so ago, she told me that she was a little.
I'm actually into all this as well, but more as someone who likes other people in diapers (although not as much as she likes it), and we've been slowly going through this together, and I've been working out how to be a good caregiver for her.

Anyway, when she told me she was into this, she never mentioned diapers, and I ended up telling her I liked this, and asked if she'd ever wear one. To this she told me that she's wanted to try them. We haven't done it yet, and we haven't even discussed diapering her since, although occasionally she'll mention that she wants to try it.

How/when should I bring it up again? Where should we start?
We both still live with our parents, so it's inconvenient (although I'm moving out soon, but quite far away), but she seems to want to do it too.

Proceed s l o w l y. One step at a time. You both have already started. You're talking about it. Now you need to get some diapers. For two young ones like yourself a good start is the store brand ones. if you're small enough (waist size) you may be able to use real children's diapers. Buy them and enjoy! Also, get some powder for the complete experience.

Also, this is your first time. We give great advice but we give better advice if we know you better. Please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Thank you and have fun!

Wasn't aware I was supposed to make an introductory post, oops, just made one though.
Thanks so much for the advice, we've been going into it really slowly already; we've been going through the baby/little stuff she already has/likes to do; there's quite a bit.

For a female to bring something up multiple times means she reallllly wants to try it.

I’d either do what scar said and just go get store brand diapers or if you can, I’d get some printed diapers to make the complete experience for her.

When you get some what ever you decided to purchase, tell her when youre both together. Let her see them and touch them and decide what she’s comfortable doing.

I did the slow intro with a gf that admitted she liked bondage. I also was into the same and already had a medium posey straitjacket.

I told her what I had, I left it out for her to interact with at her pace. Then when she was ready I helped her put it on. And she took too it very well.

Most of the times she's mentioned diapers since I first brought them up she's been VERY jokey about them and it's only been brief, so I've just been unsure when to mention them again.

I think a similar approach to you and the straightjacket definitely seems like the best way to go about it, but right now it's a little bit hard for us to do it due to both of us living with our parents (although from her collection of little stuff it seems she's been able to do a lot of this on her own for quite some time).

She clearly wants to try diapers soon though; she's brought it up quite a bit in the past couple of weeks and I can imagine she wants to do it before I move away (probably wouldn't have made this thread if she didn't), so I guess it's a good idea to just properly discuss it with her soon.

I'd actually advise against store brand diapers. They leak REALLY easily and that ruins the experience. I wish someone had told me this before I'd wasted money on them. Unless you have no other way of acquiring diapers I'd advise instead to look here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/53-Diaper-Reviews and find a product that suits your needs.

Oh, I was going to discuss what diapers to get with her and all that, more looking for advice to how to properly start doing all this with her. She's always been more knowledgable than me with all this and I kind of want to know what I'm doing more than anything.

Probably sounds stupid; I just don't like always being the less informed one when it comes to all this.

Speaking as a girl here, her being very jokey about mentioning the diapers probably means she's nervous about scaring you off and wants to keep the mood light, but the fact that she does keep mentioning it definitely means she wants to try them, otherwise she'd just not say anything. As to where to start, well...I've never actually been in a cg/l relationship, but some things are pretty basic.

Talk about your expectations. Does she want you to be a kind caregiver, or strict? Does she want to get cuddled and praised, or scolded and punished? Do you want to do either of those things? Is she a bratty Little, or a Little angel? What age does she tend to regress to? Is this sexual or non-sexual? It can be both, but it's good to discuss beforehand. Does she want to be called by any particular nickname, do you want to have any particular title?

Of course, if you both really want to you can try winging it, but discuss any landmines beforehand. If there's anything either of you aren't willing to do, don't force yourself or the other to do it.

You have come to the right place to get information, and if you want any specifics, you can either just ask or use the search tool to see if there's already a thread on this topic. I came on here with basically no information, and just by reading the threads and partaking in the occasional discussion I've learnt so much!

Yeah, I've known a few people to behave like that, definitely common when someone's nervous about talking about something. I haven't been in a cg/l relationship either (until recently obviously), and I never planned on being in one either, but yeah, some of this seems really obvious, I've been winging it for the most part.

She hasn't directly told me what she wants for the most part, although she seems to really like me being in control of what she does, and for the most part she's very much a little angel, who deserves all the cuddles and praise in the world. Also it doesn't seem like it's a hugely sexual thing, definitely not as much as some people I've seen discussing it online. It's also definitely not a full time thing either, which I'm quite glad about, I don't think I'd enjoy her being little all day.

As for names, I don't particularly have anything I especially like to call her, but when I call her a little-ish name (e.g. princess or something), she sometimes tells me if she really likes that name or really dislikes it, so I usually lean towards her favourites.

I've got a few more questions that I'll probably save until later; I can't imagine this forum wants to be filled with my lack of knowledge about all this.

donsteppedoutside said:
I've got a few more questions that I'll probably save until later; I can't imagine this forum wants to be filled with my lack of knowledge about all this.

Sometimes people get a little upset if the question has been asked and answered many times (i.e. the poster doesn't use the search function to read the posts already posted).

But most of us give some latitude to new people.

So...don't hold back, we are here to answer your questions.

Don't worry, I always look to see if a question has been asked before, and did so before making this post.
I use a few other forums and it definitely can be annoying when people keep asking the same questions.

You might also want to look around for other resources than forums, IMO. I can heartily recommend the Dream a Little podcast (https://www.thelittlelounge.com/, or in the iTunes podcast section) in particular as an amazingly helpful resource for littles, ABs, and caregivers, particularly for those of us who are younger and just figuring stuff out (like how to integrate diapers without weirding anyone out, including ourselves).

Most of all, good luck and have fun! You've got a lifetime of kinky and fun exploration ahead of you, so enjoy the journey. :)

Last edited:
Definitely on board with what people have already contributed here, especially Scar and Schwanensee. The single most important element to any intimate relationship is communication, regardless of whether it's vanilla or not. I'm currently seeing a guy who I'm basically never going to involve in my ABDL lifestyle but even still I constantly ask him if he's comfortable with what's happening during sexual scenarios - it's not unattractive at all, most people find it reassuring and loving when the other person is emotionally proactive like that, and you and your girlfriend sound close enough for that to be the case. So before you even start with acquiring any diapers, sit down with her one day (assuming you haven't already) and tell her you want to make things as clear as possible between you two before you try it out. You've already discovered some things about the cg/l dynamic like when you call her little names so you're in a great position to make the most out of talking it through with her. As an aside, a really important piece of advice that I've personally rarely encountered throughout my life is, if there's something you're looking forward to and have certain positive expectations about, make sure you're also accepting of the possibility of it not working out. It might turn out she's not into diapers, or you're not into diapers, and it was just the idea that sounded nice at the time - that's totally fine, just mention that to her make sure you're both prepared mentally for that to be the case (and for it not to be and for it to turn out great!)

In terms of actually involving the diapers in your situation, definitely start with just store brand. If there's any connection with wearing diapers at all then it won't matter what the brand for the first few times in my experience. I think mostly everyone started with store brand and it's not the case for anyone I know that they only started feeling attracted to them once they started buying ABDL brand; you'll both have a clear idea after the first or second time. In the community it goes without saying but hygiene is also extremely important. I presume that for the first time using them probably isn't part of what you have in mind, unless it is (that would be something to bring up when you have the discussion with her) - regardless, if at some point you start involving that aspect of diapers in your exploration, you're going to need to buy wipes and powder/rash cream. Again it all depends on what you both decide when you talk about it, but I agree with Scar that just getting the diapers and some powder is probably the best starting point.

Last piece of advice: be safe and be kind! :eek:

I'd just buy a bag of higher end diapers from abu in her size and leave the bag on her bed and let her decide when to wear one, it may have to be a private moment for her. But with you buying them it will show support, its a communication without speaking.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, she's been really busy recently so I'll probably bring it up with her when she's doing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back