Ghosts- Do you believe in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
To Happy Lurker: i sorta agree, as I said, I think ghosts are simply (or pehaps complexly) a scientific phenomenon.

As for UFOs, Of couse they exist. Technically, if you see a plane pass over and don't recognize it's make or identification, then it's a UFO. As for extraterrestrials, they're definately out there. Whether they're intelligent or not is an entirely different story. In my Science fiction stories, I have 4 intelligent races (humans included) in our galaxy, which I personally consider to be quite an optimistic outlook for intelligent and possibly space-fareing races in such a small area. The way I see it, It's just the flip of a coin as to the possiblity of humans being the most advanced species in the galaxy. If you think intelligence will always win, I direct you to my signature. And if there really are aliens watching us, come say hello and stop by for tea. You're capable of interstellar travel, what could we possibly do to you?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well recently you all have been discussing the possibility if they really exist or not. Now let me just try to base how and why I think it is logical to beleive they do exist while EXCLUDING any expeirances I have had.

First of all I have seen many people say how we are complex and organized organisms that die off and break down back into the earth. Which could not be further from the truth. I am taking Biology for the second time (once in high school and now again in college) and one of the 6 major components an organism must hve to be alive is organization. So for example, over 80% of our human body is made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Although if you were to put EVERY same exact chemical in our bodies into a glass all together, would they be alive? Of course not, they are not organized in a way for everything to work together. So we are complex beings, with our hearts pumping blood to all our organs to take blood from our lungs and transfer it threw out veins and have kidneys and livers to filter the impurities out of you blood and so on. Of course even though every organism is complex and organized, we are the most complex and organized. With our major difference being our intelligence, not only do we have intelligence but feelings way beyond any other organism. I beleive this feelings to be the base of our souls/spirits. When you die I do beleive everything gose back to the earth, but our soul/spirit. I have a hard time beleiving that something so unique and complex can just dissapear, specially with everyones personality/soul/spirit (whatever you want to call it) eing so different from EVERYONE, with billions of combanations. Our science today can not even begin to explain where or hw our personalities come from besides the simple explanation "our brains." So we have a lot to discover about this, so this isbasically my logic for concluding on why there is something more to us as human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.