Ghosts- Do you believe in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Oh, sorry Charlie! I must have gone cross eyed there... *hits self on the head with a hammer*

Since others have told their stories, I'll tell one of mine. When I was little, I used to be visited evey night by a ghost. It was a little white man, about 5'3", I guess, and I could see 3/4 of his body. Anyway, he would walk for hours, in one direction across my door frame. He wouldn't double back, but he would continually walk in the same direction. Some how, I got the name "Mr. Nosey," but to this day, I don't know how I got that name, it just sort of came to me one night..

I saw him nearly every night, until I was 12. I did tell my mom about it, but naturally, she didn't believe me. She played like she did though, and she told him to leave, which I didn't like, as he wasn't bothering me, and it didn't scare me. I rather enjoyed his company, cause I felt like he was protecting me. I never saw him again after that, and although I asked him to appear many times, he never did. Still a mystery to this day, but I am convinced of what I saw.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I'm really not sure what to believe - a lot of people I trust to tell the truth have told pretty convincing stories about seeing ghosts. But then it defies my basic understanding of how everything works - once you're dead, you're dead. Sure, there maybe a soul, or a spirit, but not in this universe - it would be somewhere else, somewhere we "move on" to, like some sort of afterlife. But I simply can't think of how someone who is dead could affect anything in this world.

So either some of my friends are either liars or are hallucinating, or the universe just doesn't work how I understand it to. So I really, really don't know what to believe.

I can definitely say I've never seen one - but then if I did, I'd just say it was an optical illusion of some sort.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I am a firm believer in the existance of psychic phenomenon, and that being said, I'll look at ghost from a scientific standpoint.

I don't think ghosts are spirits. I think how they work is that the person who becomes the ghost is a psychicly strong person, or someone they know is strong and takes a mini-version of the persons mind and puts it into a movable "packet". The packet is placed in the minds of others, or hosts, and when the person who becomes a ghost dies, an "Activate" psychic signal goes out to the hosts. People may be able to see visions of the deceased, but it is not truly him or her, just a fragment of him or her. The packet then may be able to move between people or leave copies of itself in others minds, thus allowing others to see the ghost. The reason that some people cannot see ghosts (and the reason they don't cast reflections), is ghost is not actually there emiting light, they are inside the veiwers head. If multiple people are seeing the same ghost, then it is probably working in psychic conference between the viewers. The reason that ghosts can haunt places with no human presence might be because certain materials are able to store psychic patterns. This would also explain why ghosts can be captured on certain films. Ghost might be able to move things, but in order to do so they would have to be quite strong or have a large volume of hosts/host material. Certain people, such as children or mediums, may be more susceptible to gaining the packet and seeing or communicating with the ghost. I don't really know if emotions could play a part in the creation of the ghost, whether it's due to "unfinished buisness/guilty conscience" or being extremly angery/sad at the time of death.

There you have it. My overall view is that ghosts are like the psychic version of a computer virus. Or who knows? Maybe they are spirits from the great beyond.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm really not sure what to believe - a lot of people I trust to tell the truth have told pretty convincing stories about seeing ghosts. But then it defies my basic understanding of how everything works - once you're dead, you're dead. Sure, there maybe a soul, or a spirit, but not in this universe - it would be somewhere else, somewhere we "move on" to, like some sort of afterlife. But I simply can't think of how someone who is dead could affect anything in this world.

So either some of my friends are either liars or are hallucinating, or the universe just doesn't work how I understand it to. So I really, really don't know what to believe.

I can definitely say I've never seen one - but then if I did, I'd just say it was an optical illusion of some sort.
I think that maybe the afterlife is in another universe, which is sorta what you said. Maybe other universes are much different from ours and maybe "more powerful". They could have the ability to affect our universe while the laws of our universe may prohibit us from interfering with their universe in any way. We see ghosts when they decide to do something in our universe.

Another theory (well, there are many possibilities to this) is that EVERYONE becomes a ghost when they die. It's just that some have a reason to affect the living while others don't. Another possible alternative is that some spirits are here because they have unfinished business before crossing over to the "next universe" (whether it's heaven or something else) Additionally, I've heard a theory that spirits can "deteriorate" over time. So if you see a ghost that looks like a mist, then it could be a very old spirit. A spirit in a more human-like form could look just like a person. Or there's the possibility that they can just alter their form.

Oh, here's another theory. When we die, we become a new energy-based life form. Some type of life beyond our current understanding (by what science can currently tell us)

Just some hypotheses. Who really knows?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
First off Chromos I want to commend you for starting this topic, it has become one of my favorite thing to discuss over the past year. I have had two expeirances I shall share with you all.

My first story is when I was about 12 or 13, I was at my grandmothers house which sh no longer lives in anymore. First of all I want to say this was the type of house that used to be like split house, one family lived upstairs and one lived downstairs. When my grandmother first moved in the house she only owned the bottom floor and the basment but eventually bought the upstairs when the people moved out. So the upstairs had a kitchen too, the whole works. Anyways I am upstairs brushing my teeth (with all my family downstairs) in bathroom and all the sudden I here this like evilish sqeuling laugh that sound of a woman maybe 40-60 years old. It was so loud and so clear it sounded as if it came right in the bedroom beside the bathroom. I figured it came through the window from outside but when I walked into the bedroom with toothbrush still in mouth I saw the window was closed so then I walked through the bedroom to the hallway and I just got this erie feeling like something or someone was watching me. So I slowly crept towards the kitchen down the hall and peeked around the corner but saw nothing and as soon as I peeked my instincts just told me to run so I did and about jumped the banister I was so spooked. When I got downstairs I asked everyone if they were just watchingtv or radio and they said no, so then I asked them if they just laughed loudly (even though the laugh sounded nothing like anyone there) and they said no again. Then I asked them if they heard a woman laughing and they said no! So I told them what happened and they said it probably came outside so I tried to beleive them and went back up stairs to finish brushing my teeth and pretty much shrugged that expeirance off until....
My second expeirance which happened when I was at my own house last summer I think maybe in July. Anyways I went out on my deck about 3am-3:15am in the morning and let my dog out. As soon as I stepped outside and shut the door behind me on my deck I heard footsteps in the woods behind my house, making the sound of crunching leaves. I knew it had to be a person or at least deer. Because it was a steady slow pattern and with the loud crunch you could tell it was something heavy or with a lot of force. Obviously my dog heard it too cause her ears perked up and she walked to the edge of the deck as I did. By time I reached the edge it stopped and my dog ran to the other side of the deck where the stairs were to get off the deck. I tried looking hard but it was so dark I could not see anything in the woods. Just then this ball of white light with a bluish glow appeared just about 3-5 feet outside my fence and about 3-4 feet off the ground. Which was about 15-20 meters at most away from where I was standing on my deck. Soon as this appeared my dog ran full speed at it (dumb dog haha) during her running this ball started to grow steadily to about the size of a basketball then kind of flickered/twinkled and started to shrink much faster than it grew and by tim my dog reached the dge of the fence where it was the light was gone. Then I waved my hands turning in front of the motion detector lights to turn them on only about 2-3 seconds after the light was gone and there was nothing there and no sound of it running away. I stood there for about 5 minutes in amazement trying to process what I saw. I still to this day would have not beleived my eyes if my dog was not there to see it too.

So those are my stories which funny enough is just about maybe 60-80 meters from where I saw this there used to be a church with a cemetary many decades ago in the woods. So I think that has some kind of connection. I plan to do some investigating this summer (so I can actually feel cold spots) with equipment. If it was not for this second expeirance I would have never beleived the first expeirance to be paranormal. So YES I do beleive in ghosts/spirits.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I belive in ghost and I belive in almost all paranormal event (for ex ufo)

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I do believe in ghost, first of all, I have a dead brother, and I believe that he watches over me and the family. What makes me believe that he is a ghost is when ever I'm really upset, or scared, or stressed, I would close my eyes and say "Brother, could you please guide me" and about 3-5 minutes later, it would get a lot cooler, enough to give me goosebumps and my left shoulder and right hand would start to tingle for a minute or two (it will always be my left sholder and right hand that tingles) and I would shudder. About a minute after I would open my eyes and I would feel a lot better.

Another time is a month after he died and I was still mourning after his death, he came to me in a dream, hugged me and told me to stop crying, that he's ok and he will always love me. He told me that everything is going to be ok and that he needs to go, that he will always be there for me and that he couldn't stay here no more. Then he hugged me again and told me that he would always love me and that he would never forget me. After that I stopped crying and felt loads better. At first I thought I made up the whole thing in my head while I was dreaming, then like four months later after me and my family were talking about having weird dreams, I told my family about the dream I had with my brother and my mom and my sister got really wierd looks on their faces and said that it happend to both of you as well. Turns out, on the same night, my mom and my sister also had the same dream as well, where he came to them and told them he needed to go.

The dream has also happened to someone at my churchs as well as she lost her son in an a horrible automobile accident. She came up to me after a regular church service, took me aside and said, "Has he come to you in your dreams yet? Becuse mine did last night."

And that why I believe in ghosts and spirits.......

Last edited:

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I deny anything that is supernatural, until I have evidence.
That does mean if I see something paranormal, I might rethink some things, but until then, I hold a firm disbelief.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't believe in them, I'd need evidence .-. It's basically the same as my religious views...

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
WOW! When I started this thread, I had no idea it would turn out to be so awesome!
If these stories are true,(which I have no reason to believe they aren't, based on my own experiences.) then I'm glad to see I'm not alone in having these experiences.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You can certainly believe as you like, but just bear in mind that science doesn't prove things don't exist, so you'd be waiting a very long time for concrete evidence that they don't exist.
That was my point actually, it can't be proven that they can't exist. So by default I believe in them, since its the opposite point of view. It's a really backwards way of going about it, but it is logic. And logic is a comforting little torch to hold on to as you go about on an adventure.

As for my personal sightings, I'm fairly sure I saw something when I was at Gettysberg. Aside from the just general sense of something else that permeates the entire area, I swear I saw figures dressed like soldiers doing battlefield actions, taking cover, getting shot, etc.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I belive in ghost and I belive in almost all paranormal event (for ex ufo)
You believe in everything else except for the thing that probably has the most evidence? (though none of it is perfectly decisive. That's the problem.) Unless you meant something else by "ex".... because I figured it meant "wth [the] exception of". No offense, but I just don't understand why.
I don't believe in them, I'd need evidence .-. It's basically the same as my religious views...
I can understand that. Be a skeptic, but just don't completely close your mind to the possibilities. It is possible to doubt without 100% closing your mind to it (not saying you're doing that. Just giving some advice to everyone that reads this. This applies to other subjects too.)

This also reminds me of something. Why do people so easily believe in religions, but find it so hard to believe that ships from another planet could be visiting Earth? I mean, I believe in God myself (I try my best, though faith is hard. Even Mother Teresa had doubts, after all!) but there's just as much, or maybe more, proof for UFOs. Also, some people's ideas (of course not all) of God are worse than what aliens could be like!

Even if there is no way to travel at the speed of light or faster (though I believe there is some way we just haven't found), then it's still not entirely impossible. An alien race could make the long, difficult trip to Earth or send highly intelligent (maybe even sentient) machines.

Really, whether alien or not, UFOs DO exist. (because UFO just means unidentified flying object. However, I do believe that many could be alien crafts.) But I guess I'm just arguing semantics. (and this post may have been longer, but I must go to bed :eek: )

Last edited:

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Even if there is no way to travel at the speed of light or faster (though I believe there is some way we just haven't found), then it's still not entirely impossible. An alien race could make the long, difficult trip to Earth or send highly intelligent (maybe even sentient) machines.

I can answer that! Here's what I think about speed of light travel: I don't see how it would be possible, because an object would have to stretch to infinite to be able to travel that fast in the first place..

Albert Eintein said that the Universe has a speed limit, and he's probably right.. after all, he's been right about a ton of other things so far.. So I think there is mostly likely worm holes that can be passed through from one place to another. Shortcuts around galaxies maybe.. we just need to figure out how to do that. There's plenty of wormholes, (about 8 to a galaxy, apparently.) so all we haev tp dp is figure out where they go.. but that may take a while..

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Yep, that seems to be the issue many people have with the whole UFO phenomenon. We haven't done it yet, so why should anyone else have figured out a way? The answer is.... because they've just discovered something we haven't yet. Maybe their race is much more technologically advanced than ours. FTL travel probably relies on concepts or technologies that we just haven't figured out yet. After all, it was once considered insanity to believe the Earth is round.

We already have an interesting theory. Maybe it will turn out to be more than just that someday.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Also, there are my two ideas that could potentially rule out FTL travel anyway
An alien race could make the long, difficult trip to Earth or send highly intelligent (maybe even sentient) machines.

Last edited:

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I'm inclined to say yes, but I don't have any concrete reason to do so, I've never had a spooky experience or a visitor from beyond the grave,
I'm pretty indifferent on the topic of ghosts and other paranormal bumps in the night until I see one with my own two eyes. I remember as a kid we used to have a couple of abandoned houses around the neighbourhood, we used to consider them ''haunted'' and dare each other to stay inside for so long / go up the stairs etc...etc It's a wonder no-one got hurt as the buildings were pretty decrepit. Their is always that one haunted house on every street when you're a kid, ey?

I've got no reason not to believe so, why not.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
I used to live near a creepy abandoned house. It was torn down over the past summer. Never saw anything strange, but it sure creeped me out late at night.

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Im kinda split 50/50, I do and I dont. I watch alsorts of programmes on TV and I do believe that there is some sort of spirt force. Until I witness a paranormal event with my own eyes, I will remain kinda sceptical.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other, Private
I *guess* I do.

I feel there might be some unexplained phenomena that might be perceived as a cry from the spirits of this earth's history. I believe in psychic (not magic) energies, and I believe in the soul (but no dictation by an almighty being). So, naturally, I do (kinda) believe in "Ghosts".

But I don't believe they can take up actual physical embodiments... and they probably aren't aware of surrounding life.

Also, I've yet to see any ghost. Show me a ghost, and I'll believe in it 100%... but until then, I only have ideas.

no_One

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, I'm not a sceptic. I believe in a higher power, a "supreme" power, if you will, so I'm not totaly open-minded to everything. What I've noticed, though, is that most ghost stories (and indeed, most stories concerning the paranormal) come from only a few people. For example, a person will experience what they think is a ghostly visitation, then, for the rest of their life, that person will deliberately be searching for more things they can conclude are "ghosts". Mostly subconsciencly.

It's natural for us to be searching for patterns in everything we see. That's why, when the first few pictures of Mars' surface were released to the public, we saw pyramids and a giant face on Mars. Today through more advanced satelite photos we've come to realise that those old, grainy photos were just blurry, and that those pyramids and face were actualy shapeless boulders.

So, we've got a few people jumping around at everything they see, instantly seeing paranormal where the mundane actualy resides.

Personaly I believe that if ghosts of previous people decided to just hang around they'd have more important things to do than scare others. Of course, science can't prove everything, right? So by default ghosts must exist, right?
Not really.

As for the believers of all things paranormal, they talk about "opening your mind" to the skeptics, but they should also open their own minds to the possibilities that ghosts may be proven to be a scientific phenomenon, instead of the spirits of the deceased, in the near future. Perhaps ghosts are nothing more than another universe "shifting" into our own, much in the way that you would tune a radio in between stations so you get a bit of both.

Perhaps ghosts are nothing more than our brain tricking us into seeing and hearing something that we actualy didn't. There's no evidence for that, but neither is there any for ghosts or any other paranormal activeties. Our brains are very powerful instruments. The fact that someone tells you, "But I know what I saw. It was ghost. I saw it with my own eyes," really doesn't hold much credibility. It doesn't matter how sure someone is when recalling a false memory: They WILL believe it, and they WILL be absolutely sure it happened just like this.

Except, of course, it didn't.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Seeing as neither the negative or positive of any posit can be proven, there's no definitive proof one way or the other. But honestly, it's rather unlikely. We're an organized system of matter. I find it unlikely we would break the laws of physics and somehow exist in one form or another forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.