Ghosts- Do you believe in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
So as the title states, this thread is about ghosts. I got the idea while watching a show about them.

This may be an abomination to some's religion, and I apologize for that- but I've always been interested in ghosts/paranormal activity and UFOs too for that matter. So what do you think? Are we forever gone to wherever when we die, or do you think there is a time where the spirits of those passed on, are left in our world among us mortals?

Personally, I think there are certain things that can tie a person's spirit to the earth after they die, perhaps something unfinished, or because they are simply afraid of what happend when they cross over, but I tihnk it's not only possible, but probable. The reason I say this, is because I've experienced and seen things that aren't really explainable in scientific terms. But I won't go into that, if you must know, ask me I guess- I don't care..

Now a question for parents: Hypothetically, if your kid claimed that they have seen a ghost, or fairy, or a whizzing ball of light, would you believe them? Or would you do what most do, and say it was just a dream? It is in my honest opinion, that kids are more open to these things than we are. They aren't weighed down by the adult skepticism that often causes genuine ghost sightings to be ignored, or else ruled out in favor of a more "earthly" explanation. Most of them are more open to these things. If I ever have kids, unlikely, but meh.. I would definently take it seriously, maybe not completely, but I wouldn't make them feel stupid about it, like people do on these shows you see. "Oh, no honey, it was just a dream.." is just one of them. I believe that you should believe in whatever gift you have, and as a parent, you should also encourage that. I've talked to people who I believe genuinely have had paranormal experience, bt because of skepticisim, or ridicule they just ignore it, and thus they never see spirits again.

My last question: Do you believe that you have seen a ghost before? If so, tell us about it if you want.

Last edited:

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
As you have said Chromos, due to the Skepticism and ridicule around the topic. I do not know if they truely exist or not.

coming from a Science-y background you would epect me to say no and be some-what of an atheist. I am not though. I feel that life and reality is special and who ever was the creator was has made an amazing thing and proves to develop itself to what it is today. So ghosts and the afterlife are plausible ideas for me.

I have never really had first hand expereince of witnessing a ghost. But my parents say that have and expereinced other phonomen. One of them being that in an old house, one clock that had no batteries that was reset to 12 o clock. (but who really hangs up a dead clock anyway? It would do my head in!) But every night it would change itself to 2:15 or similar time. And this happened everytime it was reset to 12. They say that the previous ocupant died at displayed time.

Thats one of their stories but i do beleive half of them are possible.

The most I ever had was mainly concluded as an illusion from a sensory or brain 'trick'. Mostly being that you could temperaly 'inburn' light on your eye if you turn the lights on for example. You have most likely have expereinced this yourself. But it used to scare me as a kid :p I thought they were monsters at night .

Or that I happened to be thinking about ghosts and while i am in a dark a very faint outline emerges. I put this down to tiredness and my imagantion going mad like it does when you think out these things.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't think ghosts are real. If they were, I think we'd know it by now.

If I ever saw one, I'd assume that I was mistaken somehow...

If my child saw one... I dunno. I probably wouldn't believe them, kids say silly things. :p

Derren Brown did a show once, where he invited people to try to contact this woman who had died. It was really great, he got them to talk to her beyond the grave... and they found out all sorts of details about her... the usual remarkable crap you get with ghosts on TV. And at the end of the show, we find out that this dead woman is actually alive! She walks into the room. (Basically proving that all this talking to ghosts stuff you hear about is rubbish...)

You hear all kinds of stories, but I think I'd need to experience a ghost directly before I'd even think about believing in them.

Hmmm... after my friend died, for the first few weeks I did sometimes see him, like in the distance, through the corner of my eye. But I don't think that counts!

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Actually, Martin- the corner of your eye is the most sensitive part, so it COULD count!
(gives you something to think about, doesn't it?)

What happened to Darren Brown? Even though his show was mostly set up, I still liked it!

Role
Diaper Lover
Yes, I do beleive in ghosts. I mean, if a person has a spirit, they might as well be ghosts. Makes you wonder...if they live in your house! :eek: They know your secrets!

Jakethefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
you know it, I got a paranormal group called Oblivions Raising that investigates ghosts worldwide ^^

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
I got a graveyard on my street- care to investigate?

Mornavial

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I dont realy beleve in ghosts but I dont not beleve in them if I see one I will beleve but alot of things u see or hear can be wrong

Beleve nothen if what u hear and only half of what u see

Oh and as for UFOs I dout we are alone int the universe but I dont think there little green men that want to kill us all

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I believe in ghosts/spirits/supernatural beings/whatever you want to call them.

I lived in a 'haunted house' as a teen. In fact my mum and I both heard the same thing at the same time one time. We were sitting in the living room and heard someone come in through the kitchen door and call out "is anyone home?"...my mum sent me out to see who was there...there was no one in any of the rooms, and when I went out into the summer kitchen (back porch) the outside door was still locked from the inside!

Another time I was playing piano in the living room and heard someone come in, walk through the house and up the stairs, across the floor above and then back and down the stairs. As the footsteps descended the stairs I heard someone call my name (or what I thought was my name...apparently it was the name of the lady who had lived (and died) in the house prior to our moving there).

Yet another time I was practicing playing the organ prior to a memorial service for a lady who had died & was cremated. Her ashes were near the altar, to my left. I kept seeing something (her?) in the pews (off to my right) but when I looked directly there was nothing there. I was certain it was her, she was wearing a brown coat and sitting where she always sat on Sunday mornings.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yes I do.

About 3-4 years ago I believe we did see a ghost. I was with my mate at the mate and he saw it too. This was about 15th December, 2245.

He saw what looked like a 6ft tall black man leaning agaisnt the wall. We looked at each other and then looked back and he was gone. When we walked down the path where he was. We though he was hiding and was going to jump us. But nothing.

A few moment later we heard whispering in bewteen us and I asked my mate "Did you say something." He said "No."

Then we bothed relieased and ran for it.

Saw nothing since then.

Role
Private
I've had a few unusual experience before that I would normally attribute to ghosts or the paranormal in general. Namely seeing stuff and object moving. Strange stuff...

But do I believe in ghosts? ... Maybe, perhaps. ;)

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I was at Gettysberg and saw some freaky stuff there, so I think something is happening.

Personally, until I can see concrete evidence that ghosts Do Not exist, I don't know wht to think. There are to many situations with to many variables to be explained now. Personally I was very interested in a study that Harvard want to do. They wish to scan a person who is just about to die with every kind of energy scanning device know to mankind, UV, infra, cosmos, MRI, the whole works, and see if anything shows up.

Oddly enough, they haven't been able to find the funding for it, because people think they're crazy, or people think they already know the answer

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I belong to a Spiritalist Church, so we beleive in the spirit world, so much fun!!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
this is one of those things that i don't even really care to formulate an opinion on. a lot of people i really respect claim that they can perceive spirits or metaphysical energy of some sort. i've had times when i couldn't explain a noise i kept hearing, or a mysterious stain in my carpet, and wondered if spirits might be at work.

some things just can't be explained. so you can say "there must be a scientific explanation for this and until i find one i'll simply be content not to know." or you can just invent your own explanation! and it really doesn't matter if it's true or false because you'll never know one way or the other.

inventing your own explanation is funner. ;)

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I once had the following experience... I had gone to a church... It belonged to an extreme Christian sect, similar to Pentecostal, but way more extreme. The interior was all velvet and gold; the ushers looked like mafia bodyguards, same suits, same big gold rings that would double as brass knuckles. They had an electric band: and their loudly amplified hymns were broadcast throughout the place, even in the washrooms; and those hymns were really really violent, all making footstools of God's enemies, that kind of thing. There was speaking in tongues, and whirling in the aisles, raptures and ecstasies. (Followed of course with a hard-sell for donations.)
I felt a presence there: a really bad presence. I am not prepared to say that I felt an evil spirit or the devil or anything else specific.. But I felt something. Something ungood. And so did the friend I had come with, who got so freaked out they would not stay in the room. (I tried to persuade them to finish out the service but they were too frightened.)

I have been to many church services, mostly Christian, but also Wiccan/other Pagan & Jewish & Bahai & Buddhist. In none of them have I experienced anything similar, either good or evil. (Drat.) I have met people with that "glow" to which religious people ascribe being filled with "the spirit." The present Dalai Lama exhibits this, and I have read that Pope John Paul 1 did also. Both this "holy glow" and the presence in the church were real phenomena. The cause or explanation of those phenomena I do not claim to be able to tell. But I know what I experienced.

Last edited:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or not. I admit that it's possible though and that it's quite an interesting subject. To tell the truth, I'm one of the only people to live in this house that can't claim to have seen something that was or looked like a ghost.

Aliens and UFOs on the other hand.... there is a lot of unexplainable evidence. There's just too much that points to "real". I just wish the evidence were more decisive, but I do believe that we're being visited by someone or something. This topic isn't about UFOs though.... so I'll stop there. :p

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Personally, until I can see concrete evidence that ghosts Do Not exist, I don't know wht to think. There are to many situations with to many variables to be explained now. Personally I was very interested in a study that Harvard want to do. They wish to scan a person who is just about to die with every kind of energy scanning device know to mankind, UV, infra, cosmos, MRI, the whole works, and see if anything shows up.

Oddly enough, they haven't been able to find the funding for it, because people think they're crazy, or people think they already know the answer
You can certainly believe as you like, but just bear in mind that science doesn't prove things don't exist, so you'd be waiting a very long time for concrete evidence that they don't exist.

For my part, I've never seen one or felt a ghost, spirit, or presence even, but I'm not sure that even that would do it for me. I know that our senses are not always reliable and there's a lot of variability based on how we're feeling, what we're expecting, etc. I find the notion of UFOs as aliens also pretty darn unlikely, but assuming they didn't come to ravage the planet, I'd love to be proved wrong. I think if we ever get anything from another intelliegence, it will be communication first or perhaps a mechanical probe.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Hmmm... after my friend died, for the first few weeks I did sometimes see him, like in the distance, through the corner of my eye. But I don't think that counts!
Actually, Martin- the corner of your eye is the most sensitive part, so it COULD count!
(gives you something to think about, doesn't it?)
Martin?
Well I don't think the extra rod cells in 'the corner of the eye' make it sensitive to pick up ghosts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.