Getting what you wish for

ltaluv said:
That's a great attitude, if you can manage it. For those of us who don't have a choice to wear, though, we might have to care a lot about expense. Even for those of us fortunate enough to have the resources to manage our incontinence, it's a constant worry - there are a lot of things I'd rather spend a couple hundred bucks a month on than managing incontinence.

If you choose to spend your money on something you like, good for you. Many of us aren't spending our money on something that we like, or that we chose.
True, money management is important in this case, that is why I switched from a standard medical brand to Betterdry because i literally get these for the same price the thickest ID slip is sold here only pn sale, and for ID slip I need 2 a day more so I am forced to order online for betterdry, but luckily some have fre shipping, but low stock, others have high stock but more shipping costs etc.

But yes, I have so many medical expenses and health insurance covers a lot, but not everything, incontienence here is one of the worst supported. I get only 20 - 25% of what I need in budget and they just rejected this years budget because of the catheter bags I got on prescription in september.....
I'm glad I earn enough to cope with this but still.....also diabetes, while well covered, causes many side effects for which I need non covered medication and supplements which are expensive. I buy those online in tthe cheapest local pharmacy.

I'm glad my work has a good hospitalisation insurance as it covered everything from my past surgeries too.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to be incontinent. I mean i had no issue with mine as i know how to manage it and have proper clothing that makes living easier. It would be like wishing is had psoriasis. Ok I can mange it and it is something I have to live with but I really dont want it.

I do understand that many here like diapers and like the the feeling of them and convenience. I even understand the baby side of them. But wouldnt you rather have continence and be able to wet them when you want? Trust me incontinence is not easy. I would rather have a choice.

Reactions: Zeke, Leonagirl and chuck
redhawkpath said:
I cannot imagine why anyone would want to be incontinent. I mean i had no issue with mine as i know how to manage it and have proper clothing that makes living easier. It would be like wishing is had psoriasis. Ok I can mange it and it is something I have to live with but I really dont want it.

I do understand that many here like diapers and like the the feeling of them and convenience. I even understand the baby side of them. But wouldnt you rather have continence and be able to wet them when you want? Trust me incontinence is not easy. I would rather have a choice.
Ultimately it adds legitimacy to the desire to wear diapers/nappies. I was very much in that camp, I love nappies, they have always been warm, comfortable and sexy, I wanted to be incontinent so I could wear them without the guilt. It was always fun wetting when I wanted, especially when I went 24/7, I was getting ‘urgency’ and I have almost always been a bedwetter, but now that I have had my prostate removed and have no control at all, the incontinence ‘feels’ different. I dribble continuously with little knowledge of the fact, there is no longer any choice about when or where I shall have to change. I have to be much more serious about which nappy or pull-up is right for wearing when. I am now only three months post-op and I don’t mind, especially as I am nearly always in shorts which does make life easier (trying to change a pull-up in a public toilet is nearly impossible when you have to take your shoes and trousers off!!!) Maybe I will mind more in time but at the moment the little boy in me is quite happy.

Teddy02 said:
Ultimately it adds legitimacy to the desire to wear diapers/nappies. I was very much in that camp, I love nappies, they have always been warm, comfortable and sexy, I wanted to be incontinent so I could wear them without the guilt. It was always fun wetting when I wanted, especially when I went 24/7, I was getting ‘urgency’ and I have almost always been a bedwetter, but now that I have had my prostate removed and have no control at all, the incontinence ‘feels’ different. I dribble continuously with little knowledge of the fact, there is no longer any choice about when or where I shall have to change. I have to be much more serious about which nappy or pull-up is right for wearing when. I am now only three months post-op and I don’t mind, especially as I am nearly always in shorts which does make life easier (trying to change a pull-up in a public toilet is nearly impossible when you have to take your shoes and trousers off!!!) Maybe I will mind more in time but at the moment the little boy in me is quite happy.

I'm still healing from my sphincter cut, control has somewhat increased but hte lower half is now contrating so heavy it hurts badly.
But yes i still leak and even if it means moving from shower to bedroom with a towel or lots of toiletpaper thats ok, the biggest advantage of still having controll of the bladder (which you should have too since prostate removal does not affect that) is that you can still nudge it to compress by doing pelvic relxation breathing to squeeze out that last bit inside before you move to that next area or right before putting a diaper on.
I forgot doing that once and splattered the floor and my pants under all of the sudden last week.
Prostate removal was deemed unnecessary in my case after 2 TURPS because now it seems stable and quiet (tissue looks healthy)

Other than that I have no problem having to wear 24/7 or even leaking, I am glad I an finally void easier than before and even though they still need to work on the other part, and the muscle still fights back, I know now that there is hope and I will have less pain and contractions after the other surgery and everything is healed up.
Its the recovery period that is the worst, the pain is heavy and the painkillers that help (tramadol) make you dizzy and forget a lot, but conventional painkillers don't do a thing

Last edited:
diaperfooties said:
I have to admit that I wish I was incontinent. I would never want to injure myself to make it happen. The crazy part is I know it's insane to wish to be incontinent. I know it would probably make diaper less enjoyable but still a part of me wants it.
That is exactly how I feel about. I have felt this way for the past 8 years. Also, it’s is easier opening about incontinent than being a DL to family members.

Reactions: DippyDawg
diaperfooties said:
Maybe this has been brought up before but I was wondering if anyone had wanted to become incontinent than actually did?

Did that change your prospective on diapers?

What was the hardest part first starting out and what was the easy part if any?

Note: I do not want this to turn into a discussion on how to become incontinent.
I decided to become inconteint, i wore my diaper 24/7 and made sure that i only used my diapera, after a couple of months i needed the toilet constantly and changed my diaper 2/3 a day at work, i cannot imagine not being incontinent now and always wearing my nappy

Reactions: Wetshisbed and Josh24
I have worn diapers for so many years[1969] I don't give any more thought to putting on a diaper then most people due when putting on a pair of socks

It's difficult to know - I got into diapers in a big way in between continence episodes (at the time, I would have said "after my childhood incontinence cleared up," but it came back, some time after diapers did).

Because my perspective on diapers was already formed by having spent a lot of time (several years overall) in diapers, I have no real way of gauging where I am or was with regard to how a normal, non-incontinent person might have felt.

Ashstaggs94 said:
I decided to become inconteint, i wore my diaper 24/7 and made sure that i only used my diapera, after a couple of months i needed the toilet constantly and changed my diaper 2/3 a day at work, i cannot imagine not being incontinent now and always wearing my nappy
I am glad to hear you are good with being incontinent after your decision to do so. I did the same thing and wore and wet on purpose between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But then I have been having trouble staying dry at night. I have pretty good control during the day, but wear most of the time as I do have little accidents sometimes. How long have you been incontinent? Were you a bedwetter as a kid?

Well... when I was a younger kid I would say when I was 6 years old because of my medical problems I wished I was diapered 24/7 (no bladder problems or I was not incontinence I just had a hard time holding it at times other times it was just plain lazyness) After reading some of the posts on this thread I'm glad i'm not. I'll just keep doing what I do best wear diapers when I want to

While I was in the Air Force I had recurrent UTIs one after another, I took medication prescribed by the flight surgeon finally he said I should drink a beer a day to flush my kidneys. This was in 1998 leaking urine which became worse over time. I started to wear pads. then incontinence underwear; over time the leaking got worse but it was contained in the underwear, but sometimes I didn't make it to the toilet. At some point I tried disposable diapers but couldn't get used to them and I was embarrassed wearing them. At some point I wet the bed, I was wearing incontinence underwear at night. and they leaked. The doc did some blood and urine tests I had some abnormal results, and was told that I was dehydrated. In 2010 I had a nasty motorcycle accident I broke 6 ribs and collarbone in 2 places, also I soon was peeing without being able to hold it long enough to get to the toilet. I spoke to my doctor, she said that I should do Keagle exercises. At that time I was a RN and was working where a toilet was close so I could pee when I needed. Peeing increased in frequency and incontinence underwear helped but I needed to change a few times a day. I left nursing and went to work in Law enforcement. When I turned 65 I took some security jobs outside the Sheriffs office where I could work part time. This is when I started wearing diapers under my uniform. I controlled my fluid intake to reduce voiding, which was a mistake I was losing control of voiding, and peed small amounts but with increasing frequency. At that time I was wearing a diaper 24/7. I tried disposables, but they were too expensive and I couldn't get the tapes in the right position. I started wearing cloth diapers and that's where I am today, wearing and using diapers.

I voted today. I put on a clean dry diaper, and a diaper cover. I didn't know how long it would take to vote but since I drank 3 cups of coffee, I was worried that I would pee a lot, I did pee a few times but no worries, I did pee a lot on the ride home, my diaper is wet, and I will have to change it soon. To those that want to be incontinent, be careful what you wish for. wearing diapers means planning your day, incontinence means you plan to wet, not wish for it.

Reactions: izzywop, daylight, DippyDawg and 1 other person
alwayz said:
I voted today. I put on a clean dry diaper, and a diaper cover. I didn't know how long it would take to vote but since I drank 3 cups of coffee, I was worried that I would pee a lot, I did pee a few times but no worries, I did pee a lot on the ride home, my diaper is wet, and I will have to change it soon. To those that want to be incontinent, be careful what you wish for. wearing diapers means planning your day, incontinence means you plan to wet, not wish for it.
Oh so true. I often want to enjoy time not in diapers but I can’t unless I want too pee myself or whatever I’m sitting on.

Reactions: alwayz
alwayz said:
clean dry diaper, and a diaper cover... planning your day, incontinence means you plan to wet, not wish for it.

And lug around a change of clothes, socks, supplies, plastic bags, etc. The bag is to stow your dignity in when you have to change (wet pants, diapers) in public stalls.

Reactions: izzywop and alwayz
I forgot my diaper bag today and boy did I pay for it. I had to track down a package from post office and the mail box place because my car part didn’t get delivered to the mail box place the owner of the store was on phone with post office and I was at the post office. In the mean time I’m wetting several times and I know I’m in trouble, the post office finally gets ahold of the carrier and delivers the package by this time I’ve leaked through slightly and go to grab diaper bag from car only to realize it’s in the other car I wind up driving home on a towel over a trash bag and I leaked through everything but the seat. Package delivered late after store closed because carrier didn’t know that packages were mail also that what the owner of the mail room etc said to me. The lesson in this story is always have a Change of diapers on you at all times

Reactions: toyboy and alwayz
A diaper bag is a constant travel companion when you deal with IC issues or diaper dependancy its easy to forget when you have multiple good days back to back and you do not need to change until you get home.

Reactions: DippyDawg, alwayz and Ebabyboy12
I never take a diaper bag when I go to the Post office or nearby stores, not only because they're nearby but they do not offer public restrooms there (in my country that is)

I just make sure I change into a dry one before leaving if it's over half full

I don't take a diaper bag with me, I plan my trips out so I can make it home to change.

Speaking of diaper bags, I had a kind of odd thing happen last week.

I was getting ready for work Wednesday morning when my neighbor knocked on my door and told me that someone had smashed my car window. At first, I thought that my toolbox was likely gone, but no & the only thing missing ended up being my diaper bag.

I was using a black courier bad that looked enough like a laptop case that I bet they thought they were stealing a laptop. It looked like they were in a rush, since the only other thing disturbed was a bag of books that they dumped out but didn't take anything from. My main regret is that I'd changed at work Tuesday and had taken the bag in the house to dispose of the wet diaper, then put it back in the car. Why couldn't I have forgotten, so that the first thing they found when they went through the bag was a pee-soaked diaper?

The broken window cost $135 to fix, and replacing the bag will set me back another $50 or so. I'll probably get another one that resembles a laptop bag, which helps keep anybody from questioning why I'm taking it into the restroom, but from now on I'll make sure it's hidden in the car a bit better.

Thieves suck, but at least these idiots only got some diapers and wipes. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: toyboy and alwayz
ltaluv said:
Speaking of diaper bags, I had a kind of odd thing happen last week.

I was getting ready for work Wednesday morning when my neighbor knocked on my door and told me that someone had smashed my car window. At first, I thought that my toolbox was likely gone, but no & the only thing missing ended up being my diaper bag.

I was using a black courier bad that looked enough like a laptop case that I bet they thought they were stealing a laptop. It looked like they were in a rush, since the only other thing disturbed was a bag of books that they dumped out but didn't take anything from. My main regret is that I'd changed at work Tuesday and had taken the bag in the house to dispose of the wet diaper, then put it back in the car. Why couldn't I have forgotten, so that the first thing they found when they went through the bag was a pee-soaked diaper?

The broken window cost $135 to fix, and replacing the bag will set me back another $50 or so. I'll probably get another one that resembles a laptop bag, which helps keep anybody from questioning why I'm taking it into the restroom, but from now on I'll make sure it's hidden in the car a bit better.

Thieves suck, but at least these idiots only got some diapers and wipes. :LOL:
were they ever in for a supprise. You should've left the pee soaked one in there they really would have been dumbfounded

Back