Getting over public changing embarrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
MassIncon said:
[snipped]In the end everything worked out fine. I've changed many many times in public bathrooms before this, but this was the first time in such a BUSY restroom. One time I had to wait in line for a stall be become available. Once in there with my backpack, pants around my ankles but facing the wrong way and the sound of all the plastic and tapes, there's no doubt everyone knew what I was doing. Then to come out with a folded up wet diaper to toss in the trash. I just resigned myself to not care and hold my head high.

My experience is much more limited but that's the same conclusion I came to. There were a bunch of people coming and going in the room but I needed a change. I may be a recreational wearer but all I had there were diapers and I was there to do the same business as everyone else, just in a different way. I decided not to worry over it and I didn't notice anyone reacting in any event.

the first time in a boat trip was very embarrassing for me.the ship had just only one restroom for babies and inc to change
i waited my turn for over 20 minutes cause they were 6 or 7 mothers with their kids in front of me
i felt so weird

I think the best way to get comfortable with this is to just practice. Just force yourself to do it a bunch of times and you'll see it's not much of an issue.

I could care less now at any place where there are only strangers around. I still go way out of my way to hide it from friends and coworkers but anywhere else I'll just stroll into a stall, change against the stall wall, make no effort whatsoever to hide the sounds of the plastic and tapes etc. I'm fairly certain everyone can figure out what I'm doing in there.

If this is a hangup for you, I'd say just go do it this weekend. Go to a busy mall, and go change your diaper in the bathroom by the food court even if you don't need to. Then go find another busy bathroom and do it again. Make sure people are in there. Once you do it a handful of times and the world doesn't end, you realize it's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back