Getting old and going to nursing home

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnugglePants

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you ever think about getting old and getting to thar nursing home stage.. Do you think you’ll wear premium diapers and be old in them? I sometimes think it be nice, I’d finally have medical reason to wear them. :)

How do you see yourself as a elderly person?

I am an elderly person and I am in diapers 24/7.

SnugglePants said:
Do you ever think about getting old and getting to thar nursing home stage.. Do you think you’ll wear premium diapers and be old in them? I sometimes think it be nice, I’d finally have medical reason to wear them. :)

I am old, 91, and it is getting harder to get around and get errands done; with diminishing energy. I have excellent health from the pelvis on up, bt the legs are giving out and arthritis continues it's st eady beat. I have been in communities in which the folks who are still of good mind enjoy themselves; and their emotional state improves because they are lonely no more. But the bestpart will be getting changed. But aI also love onesies ands rompers, and I don't kn\know how they will ve received

caitianx said:
I am an elderly person and I am in diapers 24/7.
I didn’t mean to be offensive if any was taken.

T
olddon300 said:
I am old, 91, and it is getting harder to get around and get errands done; with diminishing energy. I have excellent health from the pelvis on up, bt the legs are giving out and arthritis continues it's st eady beat. I have been in communities in which the folks who are still of good mind enjoy themselves; and their emotional state improves because they are lonely no more. But the bestpart will be getting changed. But aI also love onesies ands rompers, and I don't kn\know how they will ve received
That makes me curious how a romper would be received.. Thankyou for telling me your story!. I’d like to me able minded but also be changed with my favourite diapers.. homes I’ve visited family members at get allocated amounts and awful brands .. I’d be like “excuse me would you mind going to ABU/rearz and get me some better ones.. get an onsie from downunder while your there “

I haven't really thought about it, but I don't really want to get old too quickly.

Last edited:
olddon300 said:
But aI also love onesies ands rompers, and I don't kn\know how they will ve received
How about your 91 and you can do whatever you want.

I’m 26 and as I’m getting older I’m not what I use to be. But I see my self in diapers all my life. But still having a good time with my family. I also see every day as my last day. So I try to live life as full as I can. Because it might well be my last because life too short.

I wonder from time to time. When my MIL spent time in a nursing home those diapers they had her in were far from premium. More like the cheapest 💩 on the market. Plus she wasn't ready for diapers yet. She wanted to use the ladies room and just needed some assistance. They have me hell for helping her. Is that what's coming?

Reactions: Fireheat
At 61 and although I have Cerebral Palsy which limits my mobility, I am not ready for a nursing home.
But, being totally incontinent anyway, I would not mind at all to have others "change my diapers for me".
For me, being diapered 24/7 around the clock is simply a normal part of life.

I have a plan to painlessly end my life should it come down to having to go into a nursing home. I'm hoping for a massive heart attack rather than becoming dependent on others but we never get to choose these things. We can choose to end it all however.

• Sad
Reactions: chamberpot and Fascinating
my uncle is 93 this year and he buy a ski pass for are hill and still down hill skis 3 time a week. it will be a while before he need help. I hop to be like him when I'm his age

Reactions: chobits743, Fireheat and justanotherDL
I am trying to take better care of my self now so it won't be too bad when I get up there. Lost about 12 pounds this year so I can get around easier. Still working and active on the weekends.

Reactions: Fireheat and HollyDragon
I am 65 but don’t consider myself as old. I do now need to wear diapers due to urge incontinence which is getting increasingly worse but I’m determined to live life to the full. I may end up in a nursing home at some stage, but having visited a friend recently who was in a home where all the residents were obviously diapered, it’s not somewhere I want to be for many years yet.

This topic made me think a lot. Like i know my love of diapers isn’t going anywhere. I have been into them for almost 25 years now, and am almost 42. So probably in the next couple of decades i may find out. Lots of the AB’s i met from back in the day are too getting older as well. I met people at teddycon that are easily in their 70’s if not pushing the 80’s.

I would say that unless you are furnishing the diapers yourself, you will be in the crappy prevails or wings diapers. The nursing homes have to check and change you too often by policy to make using a diaper like an ABU or Rearz diaper cost effective. (You have to check and change a patient sometimes every 3 hours or less).

I’m not sure how a onsie would be looked upon... I mean they are somewhat utilitarian in that they conceal and hold the product up, but then again they translate into more work to dress the patient. Other baby clothes may not be looked upon very well, especially if it leads to more work for the staff to get you dressed or to care for the clothing.

SnugglePants said:

Having a medical reason to wear isn't as great as it sounds. The real benefit you'd have is being well versed in what works and what doesn't. I've always hoped by the time I end up in a nursing home I'd be able to teach the nursing staff some of my diaper guru tips and tricks.

Reactions: Suzie65
When I'm old, I just hope no one will take my diapers away when I get too weak to take care of myself. Maybe everyone in my family will accept them and change them for me. But I am still dreading that thought and I know that is something I don't have to worry about for a very long time.

I’d like to have my family around me and in a thick diaper my through my final moments..

I to hope that when I am old and at that stage they are not taken away from me. I’d like all my pension to go to abdl diapers, care second.. (very unlikely)

Calico said:
When I'm old, I just hope no one will take my diapers away when I get too weak to take care of myself. Maybe everyone in my family will accept them and change them for me. But I am still dreading that thought and I know that is something I don't have to worry about for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back