Getting my gender reassignment surgery soon

Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. Sadly my body hair is very thick. I’m not sure if it’s because my hair is mostly almost black on my white skin or what. I have to shave it like every day to keep it clean. I hate it so much. Plus my hair is thinning on top causing me even more dysphoria. It makes me want to cry often. I just want to be me so bad.
I feel for you! Hopefully you can get reassignment surgery. Having the testicles removed like I did lowered my T. I had an orchiectomy due to cancer. Maybe talking to a urologist can help. A urologist removed my testicles.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Weatheronthe8s
Paddy2020 said:
I feel for you! Hopefully you can get reassignment surgery. Having the testicles removed like I did lowered my T. I had an orchiectomy due to cancer. Maybe talking to a urologist can help. A urologist removed my testicles.
Yeah. That may be an option. I would like to freeze my sperm first though so I can still have children.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
In my instance, I don't want to know, specifically; I know it's low, I know what T does and I detest it. All I encounter in the 'average male' is this chip-on-the-shoulder machismo which says "back off!" and males with that mentality are the kind who exude this "life bugs me and I'd rather be dead but since I'm here, I'll do 12 cans per night and wreck my path through this miserable life!" For males like that, there's no joy in life; it's merely existing. That's not life at all.

I know two people who started out as female and went male: one was a former roommate here who started on T therapy and was going to lineman school. Things went okay during transition but it was getting apparent that the T was starting to sink in...and this person was becoming a totally unsufferable a--hole. I went into the restroom one day and 30 seconds later, there was a heavy knock and that person: "Get out of there, I gotta get ready to do [this-or-that]!" Our landlord heard it clearly...I finished up, got out, brushed by eye-to-eye with an angry look at this person, who went in and slammed the door. The landlord had had enough and was typing out a 30-day notice of lease termination for this person when they came out and said "Don't bother, I'm giving my notice". We all said it at the same time: "F---ing a--hole!" But 30 days went, the person was loaded up, ready to go, tried to shake the landlord's hand; our landlord refused. Good riddance.

I know another person who's undergoing F2M and T 'therapy' as well: I've known them since they were 6 and is now 33, they decided to go F2M as well. One night, as we texted, they came out of nowhere and started lashing out, with some of the ugliest words I've ever had fielded at me. They knew I am AB/DL, that got in the way by their doing, not mine. By the time it was over, they were pretty much ready for an ego-trip, coup-de-grâce finish-off. I blocked the person, cut them loose completely.

Simply put, I don't put up with that shit. Injury of that nature is highly unreasonable. We have brains, too, and it seems people refuse to use them enough anymore.

I hope others who go through that F2M transition have a better time of it than these two did. I hate T.
Yes, abnormal "T" levels can cause aggressiveness. But so can estrogen!. I apologize up front for any offense to those who are female or taking estrogen, but I am just stating my own observations. I have seen more drama, more problems, and more aggressive and irrational behavior due to estrogen than testosterone.

Please don't hate me folks for sharing this observation, but when it comes to the workplace, this is just what I have . Those with "T' might get aggressive and duke it out till one seems to have dominance, but those with "E" get really evil. I mean downright nasty in comparision to the physical aggressiveness of having too much "T".

In my humble and uneducated opinion based on observations, having too much or too little of either is the problem.

Follow-up...

So, as one who gives himself his own shots of "T" because of low levels, I may be uneducated, but not un-experienced. I have had docs change the level around and had some instances where it was way too much. I never experienced the aggressive behavior that was hinted upon, as it isn't in my Teddy Bear nature. But I experienced polycythemia as as result and it wasn't exactly a good thing.

The key is getting the right levels and the right amounts for the gender that you are trying to be. That is why we have endocrinologists as well as gender assignment surgeons.

I wish the OP the best in her surgery. I simply posted here as some have said "T" is a bad thing. It isn't bad, it is just a hormone that helps us function with who we are. It needs to be balanced with your own body and desires or like caffiene and estrogen... Too much or too little and watch out!!!

TeddyBearCowboy said:
I simply posted here as some have said "T" is a bad thing. It isn't bad, it is just a hormone that helps us function with who we are.

I agree with you there, for the people where the body and brain expects T, it is a good thing.

A curious thing about very high T levels is that the body then starts to metabolize it into E. That happened for me for a couple of years. My body would go completely overboard with T production, the high levels caused E to increase, and T production would drop. After a while they would go back to overdrive. I was horrible ping-ponging between very high T, and moderate E for a couple of years.

I didn't notice much aggression caused by T for me, mainly because T caused me to completely dissociate from my emotions, because otherwise it was too painful.

What I am saying though, is that T is a bad thing for my body. For me, T was like poison. My brain didn't work properly, I couldn't have emotions, and I was constantly depressed for the about 25y my body ran on T. I am going to do everything I can to never experience any significant amounts of T in my body ever again.

I can't help but say how happy I am for you! I'm cis but I can understand how important that surgery is.

It really makes such an important difference to ones happiness, future and overall life.

I wish you the best of luck and all the support you could possibly need and imagine 😀

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
LillieJeanine said:
So I want to let you all know that my surgery for my gender reassignment is going to be taking place in the next 3 weeks it has been painful living as a male and I have been on hormones for 14 months and the time has come for me to get my surgery
You Go Girl!

LillieJeanine said:
So I want to let you all know that my surgery for my gender reassignment is going to be taking place in the next 3 weeks it has been painful living as a male and I have been on hormones for 14 months and the time has come for me to get my surgery
The three weeks since April, 13 seem to be over. If I may ask, would you mind telling us how you are doing?

KawaiiBabyjenni said:
I wish I could get that surgery. Too bad the best rated surgeons don't take insurance.
The beauty of living in the UK....it's free!

BobbiSueEllen said:
In light of the fact that I prefer to live & dress as a toddler girl and loathe cultural masculinity, I do think about gender reassignment surgery rarely. I've never had an issue with my genitalia since I've always been Low-T...plus I enjoy how it functions and feels. I just refuse to worship it like so many countless other American males do. And being Low-T seems to not go over with American women very well, so to hell with them all, in my opinion. I'll live exactly as I want, happily...without them all. And being I'm agender and asexual, there's no sexual distraction or drama. I guess that's my own comfort zone as far as my physiology goes.

I just wanna let you know you can always do what you need to do to feel comfortable in your own heart, mind and skin. Whatever takes the load off is okay! And good luck with surgery, I hope it's a smooth venture! 🥳
just be careful with the LOW T. It does a lot or damage to a body and health not just the sex drive. I take shots 2 times a month and since I got it back up now and I have way more energy.. Just know it can cause bone density issues and lots of other things. I might of told you that already if I did I am sorry. memory is not the best LOL. But I am all for what makes people happy. as long as you are not hurting other people live like you want. I leave the judging to GOD. Just be aware that some risk go with that. But to be honest even with mine back up I don't get the morning wood hardly ever any more and I can get it up no problem but not like when I was younger. Man Its so much easier when the thing stays pointed down. when I was young the wind changed direction and I got hard. That sure makes it hard to keep it between the legs where it absorbs the most..

Diaperman95 said:
just be careful with the LOW T. It does a lot or damage to a body and health not just the sex drive. I take shots 2 times a month and since I got it back up now and I have way more energy.. Just know it can cause bone density issues and lots of other things. I might of told you that already if I did I am sorry. memory is not the best LOL. But I am all for what makes people happy. as long as you are not hurting other people live like you want. I leave the judging to GOD. Just be aware that some risk go with that. But to be honest even with mine back up I don't get the morning wood hardly ever any more and I can get it up no problem but not like when I was younger. Man Its so much easier when the thing stays pointed down. when I was young the wind changed direction and I got hard. That sure makes it hard to keep it between the legs where it absorbs the most..
Oh, my T is naturally low and I refuse offers of supplements. I do not want my T level higher than it is. I hate T.

Reactions: sport1 and Weatheronthe8s
That's your choice I was just making you aware that it does com with risk. Not judging your choice in anyway. I was un aware until I went through it and it was almost zero and he started telling me all the things it affects. So as long as you are making informed decisions I will let you live how ever you want. I was shocked to see all the side affects. Mine dropped off on its own too.

Congrats and good luck!

a lot of people saying here that high levels of T made them agressive and im not saying you guys are wrong at all but i do think it is interesting that as someone who takes weekly shots of testosterone, i have only ever noticed myself getting more agressive when i am low on T and need to take my next shot again

• Wow
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
chiaochai said:
a lot of people saying here that high levels of T made them agressive and im not saying you guys are wrong at all but i do think it is interesting that as someone who takes weekly shots of testosterone, i have only ever noticed myself getting more agressive when i am low on T and need to take my next shot again
Yeah. That's quite interesting. I personally feel like T has destroyed my body and everything. It has made my hair thin on top and overall it has just made my mental health worse. I pretty much think I would be happy if my body didn't have any T at all.

I am on (almost) Zero T now and happy with it. There are some possible side effects but they can be manageable

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Weatheronthe8s
Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. That's quite interesting. I personally feel like T has destroyed my body and everything. It has made my hair thin on top and overall it has just made my mental health worse. I pretty much think I would be happy if my body didn't have any T at all.
definitely everyones experience is varied

taking testosterone has also greatly helped my chronic illness, as it has given me more joint stability and the muscle to hold my bones in place when my ligaments cant sometimes. ive heard a lot of people with my same illness have that experience as well

another thing i will say though is that im very grateful to have learned how to identify and sort through my feelings *before* i got on testosterone

Reactions: sport1 and Weatheronthe8s
chiaochai said:
definitely everyones experience is varied

taking testosterone has also greatly helped my chronic illness, as it has given me more joint stability and the muscle to hold my bones in place when my ligaments cant sometimes. ive heard a lot of people with my same illness have that experience as well

another thing i will say though is that im very grateful to have learned how to identify and sort through my feelings *before* i got on testosterone
Yeah. I see what you mean. For me, being trans is hard because my family doesn't seem to get it and I just feel stuck in some stupid limbo. There are times I end up feeling like killing myself because I feel hopeless that I will never end up how I want to be or comfortable with myself. I hate feeling that way, but I can't control it. In your case, it seems like you need T. However, for me, it is little more than a sign of a failure by me to accept myself at a younger age to force my family to get it. I had no idea what puberty was back then though since I have always been really behind on that kind of education. I'm not sure if that's from being autistic or what.

Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. I see what you mean. For me, being trans is hard because my family doesn't seem to get it and I just feel stuck in some stupid limbo. There are times I end up feeling like killing myself because I feel hopeless that I will never end up how I want to be or comfortable with myself. I hate feeling that way, but I can't control it. In your case, it seems like you need T. However, for me, it is little more than a sign of a failure by me to accept myself at a younger age to force my family to get it. I had no idea what puberty was back then though since I have always been really behind on that kind of education. I'm not sure if that's from being autistic or what.
forgive me if this seems ignorant to your situation because clearly you know more about you than i do

but there is no age limit on transitioning, or educating your family, or meeting people that do respect you, or making any of the changes that need to happen for you to persue hormones etc etc etc

Back