Getting mixed messages

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've been trying to get involved with the local abdl community, and came across a problem. There's a small event venue on the other side of town that looks pretty amazing. They have events about every other day regarding various "taboo" topics including abdl, and have an account on all of the major social media platforms. They also seem pretty clear about their policies (no minors, no alcohol, no drugs, consent must be given, etc). What bothers me is that the venue is located in an area that is known to have very high crime and they hold most of their events at night.
Basically, on one hand this sounds like a great opportunity, but at the same time seems quite risky. What do you all think?

Flobaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If youre that afraid to walk those streets then find someone that's also going to the event and go in pairs or even a small group. Meet up at a restaurant or a place that you all feel safe. You are less likely to have something bad happen to you if youre with others than if youre alone.

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
If youre that afraid to walk those streets then find someone that's also going to the event and go in pairs or even a small group. Meet up at a restaurant or a place that you all feel safe. You are less likely to have something bad happen to you if youre with others than if youre alone.
Good advice, although I don't know anyone in the local area irl (aside from family and perhaps some neighbors I do mean no one); hence the need to meet more people. If I knew someone who was going (or actually had friends 😔) that would definitely work.

Edit: I went by the area in question recently and it did not seem as sketchy as I thought.