Gerber Toddler Baby Pants

mark28277

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Has anyone ever been into them? Where can I find pics/vids of others wearing them?

Reactions: Angelapinks

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wore them when I was a kid until I outgrew the size. As an adult, there used to be some former employees of Gerber that made an adult sized version. I wore those for a good many years over cloth diapers until they stopped making them. The company was called VIP, the pants were exact copies of the baby version and that was at least 13 years ago.

Sorry I can’t help you with the pics/videos. I don’t search online for people wearing diapers/plastic pants very often.

• Sad
Reactions: warmfeeling and Angelapinks

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
1960-80s photos probably have them

Reactions: warmfeeling and Angelapinks

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wore Gerbers when I was a teenager until I finally stopped wetting my bed at 17. Later when I finished college and left home for good my mother let me take all my old Gerber plastic pants and cloth diapers with me, since the largest size Gerber still fit. They held up pretty well for several years, since I didn't wear diapers all the time, just when the urge to pin diapers on and wear for a day or two arose. Around the time they started wearing out, I also started gaining a bit of weight so it was time to find bigger plastic panties anyway. I was around 30 last time I could get into my old Gerbers.

• Love

mark28277

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Lyric said:
I wore Gerbers when I was a teenager until I finally stopped wetting my bed at 17. Later when I finished college and left home for good my mother let me take all my old Gerber plastic pants and cloth diapers with me, since the largest size Gerber still fit. They held up pretty well for several years, since I didn't wear diapers all the time, just when the urge to pin diapers on and wear for a day or two arose. Around the time they started wearing out, I also started gaining a bit of weight so it was time to find bigger plastic panties anyway. I was around 30 last time I could get into my old Gerbers.
What size was your waist?

Reactions: Lyric and Angelapinks

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
mark28277 said:
I wore them into my early 20's when I had a waist of around 32-34 inches and I could fit in the Toddler sizes when I could find them. I used to go to Wal Mart in the early 70's looking for things and come out with all the Toddler size Gerbers I could find. At that time they also had some with little yellow duckies on them and a rosebud print also. I bought as many of those that I could find also.

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Gerber originally made adult sized plastic pants that were identical to their baby/toddler plastic pants, just upsized. When they decided to shut down the adult division, several women who were employees of Gerber bought the rights to the adult products and started Vinyl Incontinence Products (VIP).

My first plastic pants were Gary, shortly after I got some Rubber Ducky and Comco plastic pants. (This was all pre internet.) Then I found VIP. VIP's plastic pants looked like they would tear just from handling them and the elastics around the waist and legs had no tension. They used lingerie elastic, so it wouldn't leave a mark on the skin. I was very disappointed in their quality until I wore them. Best plastic pants I ever owned. Never leaked, super comfortable (you didn't even sense you were wearing them), and lasted forever. I replaced all my plastic pants with VIP. I was really upset when the company closed without warning.

• Sad
Reactions: warmfeeling, Angelapinks and Eclectic

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I have quite the collection of Gerber Toddler and other size, and even the adult ones.

mark28277

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
If anyone ever wants to sell any just let me know.

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Classic rubbers long consigned to history in uk

Reactions: warmfeeling

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
mark28277 said:
Where can I find them?
Probably search Google vintage cloth diapers and Gerber vinyl pants photos

Reactions: warmfeeling

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
On the left is a vintage box of Gerber Vinyl Pants in large baby size.
On the right is a vintage box of Gerber Vinyl Pants in Teen/Adult size. These later became VIP Vinyl Pants and came in several adult sizes.

s-l500.jpg
ba974bd75f26bf44c4c64b0366bf49c5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lyric, Jinks and Angelapinks

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Not since I was a infant .....

Jinks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CheshireCat said:
Gerber originally made adult sized plastic pants that were identical to their baby/toddler plastic pants, just upsized. When they decided to shut down the adult division, several women who were employees of Gerber bought the rights to the adult products and started Vinyl Incontinence Products (VIP).
Wow that was interesting to read. Thanks for sharing

mark28277

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
CheshireCat said:
On the left is a vintage box of Gerber Vinyl Pants in large baby size.
On the right is a vintage box of Gerber Vinyl Pants in Teen/Adult size. These later became VIP Vinyl Pants and came in several adult sizes.

s-l500.jpg
ba974bd75f26bf44c4c64b0366bf49c5.jpg
How much bigger was the teen size compared to the Toddler size? Did they come in just one size?

NW47guy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have a few pairs I've had forever. The elastics are incredibly stretchy. I can still pull on a pair when worn by themselves. I have a few white pairs with green stripes, one with pink stripes.

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
NW47guy said:
I have a few pairs I've had forever. The elastics are incredibly stretchy. I can still pull on a pair when worn by themselves. I have a few white pairs with green stripes, one with pink stripes.
Yes I forgot about the striped ones, I have the green and pink striped ones also.

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
mark28277 said:
How much bigger was the teen size compared to the Toddler size? Did they come in just one size?
I didn't ever get to try the Gerber branded version(s), so can't answer that.

I started wearing VIP Vinyl Pants in '95. I wore size medium for daytime (prefold and booster). I wore size large for bedtime (double diapered with overnight weight Birdseye prefolds).

The population weighed a lot less overall up until the mid 80's. It would be interesting to talk to the women who owned VIP and find out if they Gerber introduced adult sizes or if they did with VIP.

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
mark28277 said:
My waist was 30-32" at the time. By the time I reached 30 my Gerbers were either too small or had torn.

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and warmfeeling