Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Well I finally got my computer shop going. I am running it out of my house but all is going well.

I decided to make a Tech Support forum and wanted you to take a look at it.
I know there are things I could add. What do you think?

Garden City Computer Sales

EmmEmmThree

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Err, if you want to get a business going then what you should do is run a real website with hosting and your own domain.

My $.02

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
mm3, is correct, but maybe he gets it free for a while. I see a good business idea there.

Errors in spelling/grammar?
Introductions
Come in and introductions
introduce yourself?

PS3
Is there something wrong with you PS3
your PS3

Help us stay live. Please donat to GC computer tech
Donate

Should Member at the top of the web page be Members or Members list?

Looks like a good website, and I wish you luck in your computer buisness, keep us informed as to how it is going, if you encounter anything you can't fix, mm3 will be there for you.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Nothing about Mac's or Vista? Your going to be dealing with idiots, most of them are now running with Vista.

cais

Contributor
Nothing about Mac's or Vista? Your going to be dealing with idiots, most of them are now running with Vista.

My Vista x64 resembles that remark...and I'll have you know,

I'M NO IDIOT, SIR!!!!!! though it's rather fat

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My Vista x64 resembles that remark...and I'll have you know,

I'M NO IDIOT, SIR!!!!!! though it's rather fat

I said most, not all. (Though I think whoever paid for Vista to upgrade their OS are idiots, mainly since there was no real need to upgrade.)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Also, WAN is for Wide Area Network, not Wireless Area Network.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Wow, nice spelling on that site, really professional, I'll be sure to let someone who lacks basic grammar skills tell me what to do with my computer.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
As most of you know I am not real familiar with Linux or Mac and I was wondering if someone would make a list of Mac and Linux Operating Systems.

EmmEmmThree

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So... how could you help people with problems even you don't know anything about...?

D

Deleted member 221

advice

get a better ,shorter url:http://www.dot.tk
btw why is html disables on this site, it make life harder 'cos i can't do simple things like href's

oh and how are you supposed to gain peoples trust in their computers if you don't even know mac or linux,i know i would just write something like "i only fix windows for now" or something like that on ur customer support page.

:educate:eek:h and if you plan to fix your clients computers you definitely need the boot disks: XP ,VISTA ,Windows 7 ,MAC ,and different distro's of LINUX.

after all that, you need plenty of screws, spare parts, ect.

i know i have my Windows7,XP,VISTA bootdisks incase something stuffs up (using xp till sp2 vista). bootdisks are vital,so is backup software.
and get vmware for trialing software or os's
:smile1:

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
get a better ,shorter url:http://www.dot.tk
btw why is html disables on this site, it make life harder 'cos i can't do simple things like href's

[font="Calbri,Arial"]Because any forum that uses HTML is at risk from XSS attacks.

Use bbcode instead.
Code:
[PLAIN][url="link"]Link Text[/url][/PLAIN]
[/font]

Last edited:

EmmEmmThree

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
No. No. NO. .tk is *horrid*. You're way better off with DynDNS. Sure it's just a DNS name under someone else's domain, not your domain, but .tk is more unprofessional than DNS.

B

Butterfly Mage

A domain name is a must. Microsoft gives you a domain name for free for one year just by signing up for an Office Live account.

It probably would be a good idea to bone up on Mac and Linux since there are a lot of people that are so fed up with Vista that they are switching platforms.

Make sure your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are all 100% correct. Even one or two errors will spook your potential customers.

Oh... And don't forget to fill out a proprietor's license so you don't get nailed for tax evasion at the end of the year!

D

Deleted member 221

ok so .tk isn't pro. but getting a domain;example: your-site-name-here.com,nfo,org,net,ect ,as i was saying its worth paying a couple bucks (like $10 a month) for a .com site
i agree .tk isnt to good, but it was just a suggestion

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Someone with Linux is probably going to go to a Linux site to fix their LINUX, not your site. So knowledge of Linux doesn't seem to be necessary IMO.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Someone with Linux is probably going to go to a Linux site to fix their LINUX, not your site. So knowledge of Linux doesn't seem to be necessary IMO.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.