Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
This is a horrible stomach disorder that keeps your stomach from emptying. then the food sours and you get bloated and sick very bad to the point I am dry heaving for 20 plus hours a time every 2 min. I throw up from10 times to over 100 every day. They was supposed to implant a gastric stimulator to help move my stomach along but my insurance called it elective and said no to paying for it. But they paid for 6 stays all from 3 to 8 days a stay just this year. I don't know what the surgery cost but It hast to be less than what it cost to stay in the hospital all the time.

IF anyone or their loved ones have this disorder PLEASE PM me I am looking for ways to cope with this. Also looking to speak to someone who had the gastric stimulator and how it worked out for you. Or if you know of another procedure or medicine that works too. Only 2.4 me out of 100,000 people get this shit so it is very rare.

Any help I can get or some Ideas on it like does and dont's for what to eat and how did you convince the insurance into doing. Then if you had a gastric implant please explain how it went and howmuchif any relief you got. Thank you

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Unfortunately I am unable provide help, I do have gastroparesis as you already read in a previous post but at a much much lighter level.
I only need to take meds to regulate my stomach acid and for hot meals domperidone to speed up digestion, but in your case this is not sufficient, the doc said there used to be stronger medication that helped much better but they banned it here because people abused it and died from heart problems.
I do avoid food with heavy thick sauces like a fish stew with a thick broth, that makes my stomach bloat for hours and make me feel sick, that and too much strong coffee, while i'm a coffee addict, this is a pain, but I must refrain from drinking more than one espresso in a day.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
This is a horrible stomach disorder that keeps your stomach from emptying. then the food sours and you get bloated and sick very bad to the point I am dry heaving for 20 plus hours a time every 2 min. I throw up from10 times to over 100 every day. They was supposed to implant a gastric stimulator to help move my stomach along but my insurance called it elective and said no to paying for it. But they paid for 6 stays all from 3 to 8 days a stay just this year. I don't know what the surgery cost but It hast to be less than what it cost to stay in the hospital all the time.

IF anyone or their loved ones have this disorder PLEASE PM me I am looking for ways to cope with this. Also looking to speak to someone who had the gastric stimulator and how it worked out for you. Or if you know of another procedure or medicine that works too. Only 2.4 me out of 100,000 people get this shit so it is very rare.

Any help I can get or some Ideas on it like does and dont's for what to eat and how did you convince the insurance into doing. Then if you had a gastric implant please explain how it went and howmuchif any relief you got. Thank you
Hi,

i friend of mine has this condition for years now, the way to diagnosis was hell for him, nobody took him serious.

But in the end he got botox into the muscle at the end of the stomach, that worked very well for three years, but now he got an operation, i do not know what they did, i will ask for that, but he is not well now for a long time, so perhaps you should ask for the Botox first.

Side note: As far as i know the Botox injection for the stomach is a new procedure, only one or two doctors in Germany do that.

Best wishes

Pino

Last edited:
You need to keep a food diary and see if that throws anything up (sorry pun not intended), but you should be talking to your Doctor and your Insurance provider. with any illness you will find people that have the same one, but they may haave a slight case or a worse case than you, and what tghey did to resolve iot or get their insurance provider to supply may well not be the answer you need.

For the person I directly know that has it. They haven't gotten any implants for it. The triggers are anything fibrous. White meats (fish, chicken) have been good. Steak is a big no no. Hot water mixed with Jell-O works great to calm their stomach down. Like PCBaby says, keep a journal and start small and see what aggravates it for you. The person I speak of is able to tell within minutes if the food will make it angry or possibly settle out (20 minutes is the longest).

Wow I owe all of you a apology. I asked for help got replies and good advise and I never responded. I don't remember if I ended up in the hospital or just was to sick but I did not see the reply's Either way So I am sorry!! I did not reply to my own thread. I was brain dead too I guess. 😆😆

If you do not know had the surgery in DEC and I have only thrown up on two different days since surgery. I use to take up to 4 sometimes more zolfran 8mg a day. Now I have taken maybe a dozen since surgery. So big success in my eyes. Not a cure but it did noticeable 90% better maybe more.
It works by stimulating the vegas nerve and it messes with the signal going to the brain. So even if I am sick my brain never gets the signal to let me know. Now it does help the stomach to move a little but works mostly by blocking the signal from stomach to the brain. You know? The one saying I do not feel good.
So I kept dropping a few pounds and my wife is like I have to remind you to eat. So I looked up does a gastric stimulator make you eat less? Yes it does. I blocks the hunger urges too. So not a bad thing when you have a bad tummy that won't process a lot of food anyway. I still do feel like I need to eat but it is not but once a day for the most part. So I read about it and in Europe and Canada it is already used as a alternative to loose weight over a gastric bypass. It is being studied here in the US also. So maybe I can shed a few more pounds. That was the only good thing about the illness.😅😅 At one point I was over 260# now 205# so I got a ways to go before it becomes un healthy.

I urgently think anyone with similar issues should consider this. Maybe even before they get anyplace as close to as bad as mine was, you should study up the benefits. Also anyone with a unhealthy weight. I mean the surgery hurt like hell for a few weeks but if it shows real promise it has to be safer than having your stomach stapled shut. Or I would think so. I am 100% satisfied with my surgery in the way of Gastroparesis. .. But if it is going to help me get to a healthy weight then that is good too. I can always learn how to increase my calories safely.

Pino said:
Hi,

i friend of mine has this condition for years now, the way to diagnosis was hell for him, nobody took him serious.

But in the end he got botox into the muscle at the end of the stomach, that worked very well for three years, but now he got an operation, i do not know what they did, i will ask for that, but he is not well now for a long time, so perhaps you should ask for the Botox first.

Side note: As far as i know the Botox injection for the stomach is a new procedure, only one or two doctors in Germany do that.

Best wishes

Pino
I read a little about it on the bo-tox injection but if they do help they don't last. They also told me there was a surgery that they cut the lower esophageal sphincter and just allow the stomach to dump into the intestine. They told me it helps about 6 to 8 months and then it more or less grows back, or functions like it did. I did not fully understand why it would not last to be honest. They also said it would play hell with my IBS. Of course there are probably more surgical options, but he did tell me not to many more good ones. But then again them Germans are no dummies either.
winterheart01 said:
Unfortunately I am unable provide help, I do have gastroparesis as you already read in a previous post but at a much much lighter level.
I only need to take meds to regulate my stomach acid and for hot meals domperidone to speed up digestion, but in your case this is not sufficient, the doc said there used to be stronger medication that helped much better but they banned it here because people abused it and died from heart problems.
I do avoid food with heavy thick sauces like a fish stew with a thick broth, that makes my stomach bloat for hours and make me feel sick, that and too much strong coffee, while i'm a coffee addict, this is a pain, but I must refrain from drinking more than one espresso in a day.

Yes coffee gets me too. The fish is good but a thick stew not so much. I mean it sounds good, just not the stomach.
They told me to keep a light fiber diet. Like any raw fruit with a peal like apples are a no no to eat. Basically foods that break down the fastest is your friend. Out of most all proteins fish digest pretty fast. But I want you to know if your gastroparesis was to get worse or to bad for you handle and I hope not, but there is some hope if so.. You don't want to have to relive my last 3 years of life! I don't wish that on any human.

Diaperman95 said:
Like any raw fruit with a peal like apples are a no no to eat
Apples i can still tolerate fine, but raw vegetables, which so many dietitians advise, i really should avoid, they made me feel bloated for a long time. Digests very slow
Of course that's good for people that need to lose weight and have no gastriparesis.
I too hope it stays the same. So far it has for 7 years now

Back