Garbage Day! Your city have a Garbage Bag limit?

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I just visited my local city Garbage and Recycling FAQ page,
My city has a "2 Garbage Bag limit per week", Total of 50 pounds per bag maximum.
Just found out, you can throw out diapers in clear garbage bags, will automatically be taken regardless bag limit.
So now do I out myself to the neighbors, because they will see my abdl diapers through the bags.

Northshore Megamaxs And BetterDry/Crinklz are my usual suspects. (Pee Only)
This was cool to find out, I wasn't even looking for that information, I was just wondering when garbage day was because of the holidays.

How are your garbage situations?

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
We had to "buy" cans as they automated the trash pickup here. They make us buy a garbage sticker according to the size of the can(s) as you only get 1 for trash, 1 for recycling!!! Costs $250/year for the largest size though I only pay $125 as a disabled vet though every F****** year I have to go back to the town hall and prove all over again I'm a disabled veteran! Talk about a royal pain in the ass. One would think that so long as I'm alive (my name is on the acct) I'd simply have to send in my check for the yearly garbage pick-up sticker but no.....just another way that disabled vets are essentially ignored by the majority.

"EVERYONE LOVES THEIR SOLDIERS UNTIL THEY COME HOME."

-Ross Rhea (character) in the movie "GOON"

• Angry
Reactions: ParaRomeo

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
240ltr bin emptied every 2 weeks or my works up and over dumpster

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
loadedpamperman said:
We had to "buy" cans as they automated the trash pickup here. They make us buy a garbage sticker according to the size of the can(s) as you only get 1 for trash, 1 for recycling!!! Costs $250/year for the largest size though I only pay $125 as a disabled vet though every F****** year I have to go back to the town hall and prove all over again I'm a disabled veteran! Talk about a royal pain in the ass. One would think that so long as I'm alive (my name is on the acct) I'd simply have to send in my check for the yearly garbage pick-up sticker but no.....just another way that disabled vets are essentially ignored by the majority.

"EVERYONE LOVES THEIR SOLDIERS UNTIL THEY COME HOME."

-Ross Rhea (character) in the movie "GOON"
Ooooh, sorry to hear, this seems to be a good topic, I have yet to see it, but I haven't been here long. They say if it's an issue of them not taking the extra clear diaper bags, to message the city to make sure they know their is someone with a medical condition to be approved for the diaper bag (extra) renewal

Reactions: loadedpamperman

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
parcelboy2 said:
240ltr bin emptied every 2 weeks or my works up and over dumpster
I used to have a dumpster, those we're the good days. Not worrying about animals tearing apart your garbage bags

dlguy4life

“He who knows best knows how little he knows.”
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don’t know, I probably wouldn’t do that myself, but that’s just me. My city also has a 2 bag garbage limit however, there is no weight limit. In fact, the garbage man encourages customers to use as big gallon bags that customers can purchase to avoid having to pay for a extra bag pickup fee.

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am in an apartment building with dumpsters

Reactions: parcelboy2

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
One "good" aspect of these cans is that the large ones will hold 3 large bags that are filled and the majority of my neighbors are older (latter 50s through 80s) with one or 2 adults/house so if I need extra space I can throw stuff into their cans. I do crack up as my can with a week's worth of diapers has to weigh a MINIMUM of 60-80 lbs + whatever trash is in there. They've had to replace my bin a few times already as the part that holds the arms that lift it into the truck crack. This time I had a pair of custom made aluminum braces made that completely enclose the holes the arms slip into that are riveted across the back of the entire bin with 150 rivets and that's been holding up very well for a couple of years now. Every time you need a new bin it's like $120 or somewhere near that!

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
DiaperedDragon said:
... My city has a "2 Garbage Bag limit per week", Total of 50 pounds per bag maximum.
Just found out, you can throw out diapers in clear garbage bags, will automatically be taken regardless bag limit.
So now do I out myself to the neighbors, because they will see my abdl diapers through the bags.
I remember discussing this last October (post-2128224) Our situation is similar to yours.

I have one pair of in-laws that live down the street from us, so I wasn't keen on the clear plastic bag thing (I'm just IC).

Last edited:

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
I remember discussing this last October (post-2128224) Our situation is similar to yours.

I have one pair of in-laws that live down the street from us, so I wasn't keen on the clear plastic bag thing (I'm just IC).
The only thing that was really holding me back from going 24/7 was the extra garbage bags I would have. Thanks for the Link Post.

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yea.... the whole garbage thing is a sore point for myself and municipality, pre-pandemic - needed to buy (3) bear proof cans, (2) for garbage, (1) for recycling, the town would only pickup in a bear proof can, each can was $250.00, and could only be picked up in person Mon-Fri 9am to 2pm, so I needed to take a day off of work on top of it all. Fast forward to 2020, about 1.5 yrs after the bear proof can idea, town changes garbage contracts and now the new company has an automated pickup, new cans needed, (2) big cans $300.00 each, no more recycling pickup, garbage pickup bi-weekly now to...does anyone see my blood pressure going up?

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm in Sydney Australia. We have wheelie bins provided by the council. It gets collected via a hydraulic arm, so people don't see what's in them.

The collection service cost differs from each council. but here is what it costs me:
140L (38gallons) Red wheelie bin (general rubbish) $250 (170usd/140gbp) a year collected weekly - I have two because of how many diapers I go through!
240L (63 gallons) yellow mixed recycling bin for $75 a year collected fortnightly
240L Green garden waste bin for $75 year collected alternate fortnights

The red general rubbish bin is different from council to council. Some only have 80L (21gallons) red bins, I guess it's to try and get people to recycle and compost more.

Some councils have a discount for people that have IC/diaper waste but mine isn't one of them. I am able to claim the cost of the extra red bin from another government agency so I'm not out of pocket for it.
17a9daaee044407ed393e932c658cde4

Last edited:

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
For me as long as I can get it into my wheelie bin it will go every two weeks.

I also put my neighbour's wheelie bin out which isn't as heavy as mine strangely.

Sometimes and extra bin bag just might end up in my neighbour's bin to help equal out the load.

Hee, hee

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxSyd

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have a large toter which you rent from the city. If it fits in the can it can go. We also have pay as you throw by purchasing special bags that are 75 cents each. If I get really desperate I can go to the county pay as you throw for $2.50 a pop. I’ve done that when I’ve held ABDL events so the trash is disposed of immediately.

We get trash pickup each week

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We have a 96 gallon bin on wheels. Whatever you can get in there they take. Once a week. about $58/quarter.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I received my "yearly bill" today.....needless to say I'll be fighting as they more than DAMN NEAR than TRIPLED my cost....where I used to get a 50% discount as a disabled vet now I save an entire $20! Yeah, I'm going to be fighting these cock suckers as hard as possible! My "new" yearly bill went from $120 to $350!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kellycares

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Being in diapers full time makes one really appreciate a good reliable trash collection service that comes once a week! I have to wheel my container quite a ways down the driveway and am I ever thankful for the nice wheels they put on my trash container - nobody ever thinks about how much around 24 properly filled adult diapers weigh! I put my used diapers directly into a big plastic bag in my trash container at the end of the day, then when it is time to roll out the trash container I put my little half bag other garbage on top. Its only a small extra chore and I’ve been able to dispose of over a thousand used adult diapers a year with never a glitch or added cost.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Kellycares said:
Being in diapers full time makes one really appreciate a good reliable trash collection service that comes once a week! I have to wheel my container quite a ways down the driveway and am I ever thankful for the nice wheels they put on my trash container - nobody ever thinks about how much around 24 properly filled adult diapers weigh! I put my used diapers directly into a big plastic bag in my trash container at the end of the day, then when it is time to roll out the trash container I put my little half bag other garbage on top. Its only a small extra chore and I’ve been able to dispose of over a thousand used adult diapers a year with never a glitch or added cost.
I'm in the same identical position...but today received an "updated" bill for the year...only going up just shy of 300%!!!! I'll be calling as soon as GOD DAMN F*****G POSSIBLE as a disabled veteran....used to receive a 45% discount. Now they're offering me a $20 discount! Instead of $345, they "ONLY" want me to pay $325! I wonder if they'd be upset if I started throwing my trash in the middle of the ******* street!

Sadly the old adage of "Everyone loves their soldiers until they come home" is ringing true!

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Kellycares said:

My driveway is on a significant grade (steep hill) so getting my loaded cans to the road is somewhat easy, THANK GOD! I am able to bring the empties back up the hill when I take my pooch out to go to the bathroom......I would be in deep trouble if they ever left my can(s) full as there's no way I could drag them back up today! Hell, prior to my issues I was bench pressing over 500lbs and able to squat (single rep) 1090 lbs but that was before my lower spine & Coccyx were "destroyed" by the autoimmune issues I encountered.

I'm halfway tempted to start throwing my used diapers into the middle of the ******* street! Hell, my neighbors (all but one) are aware of my disabilities and issues already so why not? The only thing stopping me is knowing that some poor bastard would have to pick up a lot of FOUL smelling "packages" from late May through Sept!

Reactions: Kellycares

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
We pay $20/month for a 35-gallon bin, emptied weekly. Additional bags, placed beside the bin on collection day, are $5/each. If there’s a limit on bags, I’m not sure what it is. We generally fit everything into the bin. (I mainly wear cloth diapers.)