Galley Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Moo told me to post this here.
What do you all think about having a gallery moderator. A mod whose ONLY job is regrouping images, deleting distasteful ones, culling neglected images. (Say past 6 months with little views) This is a tag along thread with the gallery rejuvenation project.
Feel free to shoot it down now XP.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Aye, man the oars, the galley sails at dawn!

Anyway, it seems unnecessary and something easily open to abuse and subjectivity. If something is that glaring, just report it to a regular mod. I think it would be better to do something like attach a score to pictures, and pictures rated negatively by many users would be either removed or marked for review.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, I haven't really had any work with the gallery. The only thing I ever did was sending people a PM after they had left personal pictures in the public gallery to remind them that it may be unsafe. Oh, yeah, and I remember deleting some inappropriate pictures a few years ago.
So I think a gallery mod whose only job it is to monitor the gallery would be kind of ...bored. Moderating the gallery is something that can easily be done by another moderator - doesn't take more than a minute to look at the new pictures. And if people use the report function for inappropriate comments, it'll be even easier to find inappropriate stuff.

And remember: Deleting "distateful" images requires a lot of sure instinct to balance people's right to upload pictures and other people's right not to be forced to look at them.

Peachy

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I could only see this would be good to tone down on any crotch shot pictures...But I don't know about a gallery mod...I mean, pictures are barely uploaded each day, and I rarely see any against the rules...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think it's needed. I haven't seen anything that shouldn't be there, I have seen pictures I'd rather not see, but who am I to tell people what to upload? I think it would be a fine line between deleting inappropriate images, and images that someone doesn't want to see. I see Peachy quite frequently commenting images, and I'm sure if there was something inappropriate, he'd catch it.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Not necessary, IMO. Peachy already does it all anyway, and he says that there's not much to do.
And with the lovely Report Picture button, any bad picture can be removed post-haste!

And if I recall correctly, I have never ever seen a reported gallery picture before! So having a mod just for the gallery would be really pointless, they'd be waiting a long time before they could do anything, and the chances are another mod would beat them to it. :p

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Yeah, a galley mod would be awesome, no more spam in our sea food. (Terrible!)

Seriously, good idea though, it might work.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
In My opinion we don't need a gallery mod; our mods are good at their job.
A mod only for the gallery has no mean.

P.S: Could be useful add a poll to this thread.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not sure we need a poll... everyone who posted so far thinks we don't need one :p.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I agree with all what has already been said here. All mods have the ability to do stuff in the gallery (except viewing private albums, that's only for peachy or the Forum Mods) But other then that 7 people can do something about stuff. And so far I have never felt the need to have to do something.

Just use the report button if you see something that is bad. And most likely it'll be handled with quickly.

Role
Private
I think if the report button is working fine as it is right now, then no need for a gallery beside. Even though I do think there are a few distasteful images in there, if I don't want to look at them, then I just simply don't.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Seriously we don't have enough to do as it is... I haven't had to take any actions as a mod for like week or 2 now and last time i did something that really needed attention asap was at least a month ago...

you people need to start breaking the rules more... Ummm wait nevermind :p.

In any case there really isn't a need for it. As others have said just use the report thingy.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I understand that we do not technically "need" another mod, but assigning someone to organize the gallery would be nice. As I have posted elsewhere, categorizing the gallery into easy to use sections would be nice. Assigning a new "Gallery Mod" to go through and organize it sounds good to me.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
How should it be organized? we have a couple categories with different levels of secrecy. A mod can't decide for people where they want it. They've made that decision when they uploaded it and we ought to respect that choice.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Well, I was thinking that the gallery director's job is to reorganize, cull, and just neaten up the gallery. This makes sense from a governmental standpoint. Each moderator, or groups of mods having their own specialty. It's not so much a "the gallery is so over active that we need more mods". Its more, the gallery is its own area, and needs its own moderator. The forums have theirs, the chat has its.
Understand?

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Martin,

I took a look at the gallery and realized that the random picture on the left side can be closed. Since my concern centers upon looking through the pictures and seeing completely unrelated picture in the random section, I no longer need to suggest better sorting of pictures.

I still like the idea of someone being in charge of the gallery pictures. Currently, we have forum mods, chat mods, Moo, and the security detail (Charlie F). All mods have some power in all of these areas, but each one has a designated area that they reign supreme. Appointing someone to be the gallery main point of contact for gallery questions and concerns sounds good. We do not necessarily need a "new" mod, just one designated to take care of the gallery.

Sorry, please disregard my previous post.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Well, I was thinking that the gallery director's job is to reorganize,
How should it be organized? we have a couple categories with different levels of secrecy. A mod can't decide for people where they want it. They've made that decision when they uploaded it and we ought to respect that choice.
--------------------------------------------
cull, and just neaten up the gallery.
Well, I haven't really had any work with the gallery. The only thing I ever did was sending people a PM after they had left personal pictures in the public gallery to remind them that it may be unsafe. Oh, yeah, and I remember deleting some inappropriate pictures a few years ago.
So I think a gallery mod whose only job it is to monitor the gallery would be kind of ...bored. Moderating the gallery is something that can easily be done by another moderator - doesn't take more than a minute to look at the new pictures. And if people use the report function for inappropriate comments, it'll be even easier to find inappropriate stuff.

And remember: Deleting "distateful" images requires a lot of sure instinct to balance people's right to upload pictures and other people's right not to be forced to look at them.

Peachy
--------------------------------------------
This makes sense from a governmental standpoint. Each moderator, or groups of mods having their own specialty. It's not so much a "the gallery is so over active that we need more mods". Its more, the gallery is its own area, and needs its own moderator. The forums have theirs, the chat has its.
Understand?
In this case people take more then one area of expertise. Peachy is doing AND the forum AND the chat AND the gallery. Also I do AND the chat AND I check the gallery but so far haven't ever found anything that has to be done there except for that one time I rotated an image to get it right.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I would like to see a Gallery Mod... just to delete all of the tasteless crotch shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.