Gallery Clean Up and Rejuvination Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I love the galleries, personally. I just cant get enough pictures of diapered crotches!... :dodgy:
COMON! The galleries used to be a place for everyone to share their photography, hobbies, art, pictures of their *nursery* setup, stash photos, and the like. (Also diaper shots) Alive! with comments, and interesting things to look at.
Now..... look at the first page.

I have been noticing a lot of pictures lately on the gallery.. that aren't good "looking material"
I think that a lot of pictures that are to hard to see, repetitive (lol crotch) , and in "bad taste"
Should be removed. (also diaper shots not displaying in the side bar or front page)

The gallery is now old man crotch, and Peachy's comments... most of it.

I do believe its time this changed.

All in favor?

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Lots, and lots of culling. Perhaps even a full wipe of the gallery.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ok. Fair enough I understand the everyone don't like crotch shots.
But first everyone complained about crotch shot being the avatar. This was sorted out and EVERYONE suggested to go in the gallery.

Now people don't want them in the gallery.

This isn't the first time that everyone agreed on to something them changed their mind after so long.

If you guys wanted it banned in the first place, just say so.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well I do agree kind of...

Changes have been made to the gallery so that newbies can't upload pictures any more.

I guess mods could go through the gallery and delete certain pictures. But you can't say all crotch shots, because some serve a purpose... It's hard to decide what crosses the line.
But I do agree that there's plenty of pictures that ought to be removed.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I am in favor of the removal of any and all blatant crotch shots.

I noted that just the other day someone (who shall remain nameless) loaded 10 crotch shots of themselves into their gallery... it's like some kind of freaking nightmare.

If we want this site to retain a good reputation and not attract all kinds of internet filth then we do need to clean up our act a bit.

Role
Private
Crotch-shots are distasteful, and to me clearly represent the sexual side of the whole fetish. I say just get rid of them.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
How do you suggest we go about cleaning up the gallery?

Where do you draw the line between interesting and boring pictures, between tasteful and disgusting? Isn't that a rather subjective line anyway? Something you may find tasteful and interesting may be disgusting to other people, and vice versa.

The only rule that does not have operational difficulties would be a cap on crotch shots, like 3 per person or something. Other than that, as long as it's not sexually oriented, violates copyrights or is borderline pedofile stuff, I find it hard to impose my view of a "good" picture upon others. Not everyone may be comfortable or capable of making interesting (diaper) pictures because they lack the equipment, the diapers, or don't even want to show their face off to the world. And pictures about your hobbies won't be of any interest to the majority of members. So what's left to upload to the gallery then? Nothing, probably.
I mean, looking at your own gallery, I'd find stuff I'd personally delete (the scratched arm picture), but that's my personal view. And I'm sure your gallery could use some really funky pictures to spark conversation :tongueout:

So at the end of the day, if no one has interesting stuff to contribute, there will be none! I agree to the crotch shot issue, but beyond that, it's up to the members to spice things up.

Peachy

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I say Make an adult 16+ up gallery for that stuff. That does not put the pictures at the bottom. But put rules in it so it does not do All sex and stuff.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I say there should be a cap on these photos. There are many reasons that are in the best intrest for the sight here.
A. There are good resons for a person to have a photo like this.
tape problems, idinification, and indicators. Though one shot will solve the issue.
B. If some people what to show let them. But only once per brand or issue. a cap of 3 per person will sufice.
C. people are always wanting to uphold the name of this site. If you want those that are of the less then savorie sort here, they want to see the Croch shots. So giving them in mass will only start problems.
D. As siad in C (or so a person from the outside would think) when poping in for some reason they would see a bunch of Croch shots and we have members on there that are under age. I know we have age rules but not everone dose. Cutting the number of these images will prevint sending the wrong idea to those that are looking to make trouble.

As an artist I understand every person need to express themselves. Though we do not need to see the same image 10-15 time. Over all one Croch shot is the same as the next. There is little that it will tell about you, or your personality. We want to know about you, so if you have a problem showing your face, Show your teddy, blamkie, somthing that has a bit of you. We all know what diapers look like. So can we try somthing that is a little more meaningful.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why is this yet another one of those suggestions of improvement that I personally don't really give two shits about? Granted, I don't really look in the galleries unless someone tells me to, so that might play a large role in all of this ... but aren't there more important things that we, as a community, can be worried about? Yes, I don't think that some of the pictures are tasteful, but some of these pictures in question have been posted by more notable members whose intentions we know not to be perverted.

Personally, I imagine that Moo would probably have other things he would want to spend his time on. If someone gets banned, do their pictures get removed from the gallery? It's those peoples' shots that I don't much care to see.

Also remember, guys ... Moo isn't around nor does he have the capability to be here. Let's not give him sixteen-thousand things that he needs to do and see to get caught up on when he gets back. This has been this way for awhile, and if you're interested in seeing a change in it, then at least wait to really give it solid discussion until after he comes back and is able to be here to say what he can and can't do, and what he's interested and not interested in doing.

We need to remember that, despite the "purity" of this community, our collective interest designates that, oh-my-god-i-can't-believe-it, you might see a picture now and then like those in question.

Also, Darkfinn's thread offered quite enough room for discussion on this -- was there really any need to start a second one?

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Instead of a complete ban, lets consider less drastic measures. Yes, I usually do not care to see a dozen almost identical photos. However. a complete ban is going overboard.

My suggestion is to categorize the photos and only show on the left hand side photos of that category. Dividing the gallery into Misc., *B photos, and diaper photos would be nice. This way, when viewing Peachy's travel photos, we do not have to see a half dozen unrelated photos on the left hand side. For crotch shots, a standard cover sheet or thumbnail giving us the option of not seeing the photo would be nice. This way, we have advanced warning of the content and have a choice.

Currently, our photo gallery is completely unorganized and randomly shows some strange photos. Lets try to organize the photo gallery before resorting to such drastic measures. I have not posted any pictures at this time because I do not want my pictures randomly appearing on the left hand side.

Thank you for condidering alternate ideas.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well the left hand side is "random" pictures, whatever gets posted has a chance of showing up there.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I agree with you. But please, kill the puns.

Good thread, though, something must be done. But I object to Vincent's idea, because after all, age does not necessarily equal maturity.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Lots, and lots of culling. Perhaps even a full wipe of the gallery.

I'm going to have to say definitely no to a full wipe of the gallery...Some people don't save pictures after uploading them (like me sometimes), so they would be gone forever...I wouldn't mind like a cap on crotch shot pictures, or just not letting any in at all...But wiping the gallery would just be a bad idea

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
What is up with the whining about the gallery... if you don't like the pictures don't look at them... You don't have to click on the thumbnail etc. This is a slippery slope you go down when you start saying that some pictures in a category are bad while others are ok. Bans that try to thread the needle just don't work. I agree seeing a bunch of thumbnails of things i don't particulay like isn't exactly good, but i just ignore them. And did we really need yet another thread that is only a slight variation of the crotch thread...

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ADISC is supposedly open to all ages, and I'm usually not in favor of a 16 or 18+ rule for any section of any forum. I earned my reputation in Sex threads, and as The Russian says, maturity is not equal to age, not to mention maturity itself has different aspects and situations. So I suggest you display an alert saying the gallery will be wiped on a certain date to give people the opportunity to save pictures and make sure they have a backup. This way, non-active members who don't post anymore or don't bother with their pictures, whose submissions are a waste of space, won't mind the change. And crotch shots will be all deleted. Doesn't take nearly as much time as a selection.

And Ben, the thumbnails only are annoying. People want to look at the gallery without having 75% of junk pictures when they browse through it, instead of wasting their times looking through crotch shots. At least that's what I think.

X

xdeadx

If you find something in the gallery you don't like, don't we just use the report button?

Status
Not open for further replies.