Gaaaaaaaaah Pokemon = WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
OK! Well.. I was battling the Team Rocket in the Radio Tower, I did beat the boss man in the tower and got through that event with a great deal of difficulty. The guy's Houndour was LV 38. I shouldn't be having difficulty with this as I never had trouble getting my team to the proper levels in any other game.. In fact all have been relatively easy. Hell, I have 7 Badges and my team is:

KINGLER - LEVEL 34
ARBOK - LEVEL 33
FERALIGATOR - LEVEL 32
GILGAMESH (DRAGONAIR) - LEVEL 32
AMPHAROS - LEVEL 33
PIDGEOT - LEVEL 36

I know it's not a well rounded team but these are pretty much the guys I caught early on in the game - any suggestions for what I should add to my team or a good place to train?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fuyuhanabira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Ahhh Johto. Probably one of the worst games for powerleveling, since the wild pokemon cap seems to be 25-30. My suggestion would be just to continue as you've been, and maybe do a little extra grinding in the Ice Path. Sorry I can't be of more help.

BTW my team:
Crobat lv 35
Hounddoom lv 35
Dragonair lv 36
Dewgong lv 36
Meganium lv 40

I'm just barely at victory road so you should be fine.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Feraligatr and Kingler you can train on the route south of Blackthorn City and Victory Road. Dragonair pretty much anywhere but Ice Cave, Arbok and Pidgeot on the route east of Mahogany Town (on the grass patch in the lake) and Ampharos I can't help you with but on Routes 26 and 27 there are some Doduo/Dordrio and Ponta that give reasonable exp.

And Hobojoe805 is right, Johto is the worst place for power levelling. Elite four was annoying, well the first four were easy and took about 5 mins to get through them but Lance took 25 mins and that was one battle. This was with 6 Lv 50 pokemon as well.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Your team is not particularly useful for the task:

KINGLER - LEVEL 34

- Drop this Pokemon ASAP. Feraligator is a much better water type. Though it might help you to get through Clair, just because you can teach it an ice move. After it, you should drop it for Lugia.

ARBOK - LEVEL 33

- Umm...I guess you could keep it? I'd personally switch this for a Psychic.

FERALIGATOR - LEVEL 32

- Good.

- Good.
AMPHAROS - LEVEL 33

- Excellent! Ampharos is a beast. Train it up by surfing around the whirlwind islands and fighting every trainer.

PIDGEOT - LEVEL 36

- Not a bad choice.

You need to do some power boosting in the Ice Path, leave some in the daycare if you are desperate and try to battle the trainers on the way down from Blackthorn. For the Elite Four, I'd pick up Lugia.

Just for comparison, this is the team I beat the Elite Four with:

Typholosion at 45, Lugia at 45, Gyrados at 40, Ampharos at 39, Hypno and Sudowoodo at 37.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I dunno isnt using Lugia abit cheap? btw You need some kind of Fire type to cover grass and steel , Arbok tho I dunno I might would switch that for a PSY type.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
For the Elite 4 I used: Poliwrath, Meganium, Kadabra, Donphan, Scyther and Ho-oh all Lv 50 (although Ho-oh isn't part of my real team, it just has better type coverage than Arcanine).

I'd add a psychic/ghost type to the team. Alakazam/Kadabra or Haunter/Gengar are good examples. Houndoom could work, good against Will and Koga. Jolteon is faster and packs a better punch in the special department, although Ampharos is still good though.

Kingler could be swapped for a Sneasel, it's still good when it comes to physical attacks and the ice coverage is better for Lance but don't use Houndoom if you'd like to use Sneasel.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Well I thank ya'll for the help then but I am not using a legendairy Poke'mon, they are useless. I haven't caught them yet, and I will be as soon as I am able to. I'd really hate to have to wait till I get to Victory Road to train the Poke'mon I caught..

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I dunno isnt using Lugia abit cheap
but I am not using a legendairy Poke'mon, they are useless

Nope and Nope. The former is an opinion while the latter is blatantly untrue. Ho-oh and Lugia belong to the second highest base stat set in the whole series of games. Lugia particularly has an awesome little psychic attack that does a base of 90 damage @ 95% accuracy and 30 PP! That's just awesome.

As for it being cheap, I mean, eh. That's why the game provides you an opportunity to get one before the Elite Four - it's suppose to be an option.

In my current team (paused for senior thesis), the main star is a Lv. 78 Mewtwo, which has Blizzard to take down Lance's Dragons anytime I got to the Elite Four for experience.

pastrami

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't really like using legendary pokemon, especially in the 670 base stat group, they really seem to rule out all other pokemon.

I remember when I first played silver I defeated the elite four with only a 55 feraligatr. I found johto to be impossible to level more than one pokemon and pretty much stuck with that. (I didn't bother with more than 3 in soulsilver either :D)

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't really like using legendary pokemon, especially in the 670 base stat group, they really seem to rule out all other pokemon.

I remember when I first played silver I defeated the elite four with only a 55 feraligatr. I found johto to be impossible to level more than one pokemon and pretty much stuck with that. (I didn't bother with more than 3 in soulsilver either :D)

I had to trade over a level 61 Crobat from Saphire, to Pearl, to Silver. I don't really consider it cheating, since the highest level pokemon in johto is like 30, and crobat didn't actually know any attacks that do damage besides toxic.

Typhlosion isn't that great for the elite four.

BabyZidane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
im a pokemon master here lv 100 in 1 day shinies galore lv. 50 before the 7th gym, hacked a psp just for pokemon completed the pokedex 492 (awaiting another deoxys) and all you need to do is keep on training you will get there eventually just like peter when he got potty trainedat age 42 lol

G

GaashaHuzzah

im a pokemon master here lv 100 in 1 day shinies galore lv. 50 before the 7th gym, hacked a psp just for pokemon completed the pokedex 492 (awaiting another deoxys) and all you need to do is keep on training you will get there eventually just like peter when he got potty trainedat age 42 lol

Wait...

I proclaim lies.

BabyZidane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Wait...

I proclaim lies.

no lie if you want to complain ask gpsp no cheats because i do not know how to do it because it was pokemon liquid crystal a hack no cheats alowed if youre still complaining then i can show you a picture

G

GaashaHuzzah

no lie if you want to complain ask gpsp no cheats because i do not know how to do it because it was pokemon liquid crystal a hack no cheats alowed if youre still complaining then i can show you a picture

I thought Liquid Crystal only went into Johto.

Then again, Brown made it all the way to Sinnoh...

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
OK! Well.. I was battling the Team Rocket in the Radio Tower, I did beat the boss man in the tower and got through that event with a great deal of difficulty. The guy's Houndour was LV 38. I shouldn't be having difficulty with this as I never had trouble getting my team to the proper levels in any other game.. In fact all have been relatively easy. Hell, I have 7 Badges and my team is:

KINGLER - LEVEL 34
ARBOK - LEVEL 33
FERALIGATOR - LEVEL 32
AMPHAROS - LEVEL 33
PIDGEOT - LEVEL 36

I know it's not a well rounded team but these are pretty much the guys I caught early on in the game - any suggestions for what I should add to my team or a good place to train?

Thanks!

He is using double team?

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Typhlosion isn't that great for the elite four.

Are you kidding? He has an absurd Sp. Attack + Fire Blast + Charcoal.

It lets you take out Jynx, Weavile with ease. It is awesomely effective against Koga. And very few have water, which lets you do well. Versus, there are a ton of pokemon at the EE that have electric and grass.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Ok I am going to try adding a Fire-type and a Psychic-type to see if I can get a bit better then

Zephy

Moderated
Role
  1. Private
You guys are putting way too much thought into this... you know most six year olds can beat this game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.