Fursuit related questions :3

griphixx

Tiny lmao
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Ok so, I've got a couple of questions regarding fursuits...

#1 where/how do you get a fursuit? It might be a dumb question, but I've really been looking into one recently because I made my fursona <3 I just have no idea how to go about getting one made...

#2 does anyone wear a diaper under their fursuit? This mostly applies at cons, but I figure it would be alot easier to use the restroom like that, as opposed to fully taking off your suit.. idk, just wondering lol

I’ve seen a lot of fursuits on Etsy. I feel like a lot of people also make their own too. Best of luck! I hope this helps a bit

Reactions: CaterpillarSick and griphixx
LilxFawn said:
I’ve seen a lot of fursuits on Etsy. I feel like a lot of people also make their own too. Best of luck! I hope this helps a bit

Reactions: LilxFawn
Fur Affinity has some people who make them too. I hope you realize though for a decent one its gonna cost thousands of dollars

Reactions: CaterpillarSick
Yes some furries wear diapers under their suits the only rule I have seen for cons is to not mess the diaper pee is perfectly okay.

Reactions: griphixx
A full on fursuit will cost hundreds, if not thousands. You can search the internet for fursuit makers, they are all over the place.

Another more budget friendy option is to buy a sleeper suit or halloween costume. There are various animal themed sleepers that may be close to what you want, but your options will be much more limited.

I recently bought a dog suit from halloweencostumes.com. it wasn't the color I wanted, and an attempt to bleach it ligher didn't work on the faux fur. It's quite basic too, and needed a bit of adding on to for collar, nose, etc.

Being incontinent, I have to wear a diaper under the suit. It's quite warm too, so I don't wear clothes under it. Being a baby fur I want to put a diaper on the outside of my suit as well. It's actually more of a diaper cover I want to hold in place with diaper pins.

Reactions: LilxFawn, griphixx and diaperfooties
RetroGamerGuy said:
Fur Affinity has some people who make them too. I hope you realize though for a decent one its gonna cost thousands of dollars
Thousands??

griphixx said:
Thousands??
Well yeah, they’re handmade. Think of all the fabric, labor hours, thread, stitches, buttons, zippers, foam, paint, details, wire, and more that go into a quality fursuit. It isn’t going to be cheap. It’s cheaper to make it yourself, but even cheaper to just modify an existing animal style suit/pajamas/footie onesie.

Reactions: perlFerret and griphixx
4B06EDDD-E2CB-47AD-9D2E-1A8CE1F9DE81.png

griphixx said:

#1 where/how do you get a fursuit? It might be a dumb question, but I've really been looking into one recently because I made my fursona <3 I just have no idea how to go about getting one made...

#2 does anyone wear a diaper under their fursuit? This mostly applies at cons, but I figure it would be alot easier to use the restroom like that, as opposed to fully taking off your suit.. idk, just wondering lol

Check Furaffinity or other furry sites, or even google for fandom fursuit makers. Like others have said, if you want something with decent quality, expect to pay a bare minimum of $1000 nowadays. That's for a partial (which you could then wear a kigurumi or normal clothes with.) If you want a full suit, expect to pay a lot more (I have 2 suits, they cost $1700 and $2500 respectively but that was 10 and 7 years ago.)

There are some newer makers that may charge less but quality may be in question and you have to watch a bit more for scams with lesser known makers. Also expect 1-2 years minimum wait with any popular maker as they usually have long queues. There are some that take only a few orders at a time and can churn out suits in a few months but that varies. If you find tutorials online, your could try to build your own. It's more cost-efficient but may take you several tries and still a few hundred dollars and a lot of time and effort to get it to look the way you want.

Do keep in mind you do not need a fursuit to be part of this fandom. Just be a fan of anthro characters and go have fun meeting people. I'd suggest making some friends and maybe seeing if any of them will allow you to try a fursuit first if they have one (don't bug them though, some of us aren't as keen on letting others try them out.)

Wish you luck at any rate. :)

Innouva said:
Check Furaffinity or other furry sites, or even google for fandom fursuit makers. Like others have said, if you want something with decent quality, expect to pay a bare minimum of $1000 nowadays. That's for a partial (which you could then wear a kigurumi or normal clothes with.) If you want a full suit, expect to pay a lot more (I have 2 suits, they cost $1700 and $2500 respectively but that was 10 and 7 years ago.)

There are some newer makers that may charge less but quality may be in question and you have to watch a bit more for scams with lesser known makers. Also expect 1-2 years minimum wait with any popular maker as they usually have long queues. There are some that take only a few orders at a time and can churn out suits in a few months but that varies. If you find tutorials online, your could try to build your own. It's more cost-efficient but may take you several tries and still a few hundred dollars and a lot of time and effort to get it to look the way you want.

Do keep in mind you do not need a fursuit to be part of this fandom. Just be a fan of anthro characters and go have fun meeting people. I'd suggest making some friends and maybe seeing if any of them will allow you to try a fursuit first if they have one (don't bug them though, some of us aren't as keen on letting others try them out.)

Wish you luck at any rate. :)
Thanks <3

griphixx said:
Thousands??

Average price of a fursuit is around $3,500. That's average. There's one that I know of that's over $20K. And a bunch that are over $10K. But there are also some that you can get around $1K. Most of those will be from people that are just starting off and learning.

You can even watch tutorial videos and try to build one yourself. You'll have time and materials invested. That's why they are so expensive. They are all hand made, one at a time.

I have a few fursuits myself.

But yes. There are several different makers of suits. Some do it as a hobby, and others do it as a career. There are some makers that have so many people that've commissioned them, that it can take 5+ years to actually get your suit.

Some makers make you submit a request to them, and they select the ones that they want to make.

Others are always open for submissions Some only accept submissions at certain times of the year.

What you need to do, if you're wanting a suit is to:
1. Start saving money.
2. Start researching.

You'll be spending probably a minimum of $1K on the suit. Then there's the other things you'll need. You'll need a few sets of moisture wicking clothing under the suit. Special cleaning supplies. Maybe even a cooling vest. All of that will cost several hundred additional dollars.

You'll want to research different makers. You'll want to find someone who's suit are a style that you like and enjoy.

You might even find some lessen know / beginning makers; that aren't well known yet.

griphixx said:

I wanted to respond to this post directly. Most of #1 is covered in my previous post.

You can also always slowly start to buy fursuit pieces. The biggest cost will be the head, followed by the body suit. I think the least expensive head that I've seen was around $500, and most are over $1K.

If you wanted, you could start buying a few pieces. Getting the paws, tail, etc. and slowly building up to the head and body suit.

It should be noted that the majority of furries do NOT have a fursuit. Because they are extremely expensive and are not comfortable to wear.

The suits are very hot. The inside of the head will get close to 130° within about a minute of putting the suit on. It's not always easy to move around or see in suit. Having Digigrade legs can make it a bit hard to bend down or sit on the ground.

People can easily get dehydrated, heat exhaustion, or heat stroke while in suit.

There are some people that wear while in suit, but that's a minority of babyfur suiters. You will be sweating so much, that you won't really need the diaper, if you pee'd before putting the suit on. You'll be drinking a bunch of water, but you'll be sweating it out.

By the time that you do need to go to the bathroom, you're probably going to want to take the suit off. Most people starting off need frequent breaks, and will need to wear for only an hour or two, before taking the suit off to shower and cool off.

I'm more used to wearing that stuff than others, since wearing firefighter gear is actually more heavy / hot / burdensome than a fursuit, and I still prefer to only wear for a couple hours at a time, and only a few times a day.

Slomo said:
A full on fursuit will cost hundreds, if not thousands. You can search the internet for fursuit makers, they are all over the place.

Another more budget friendy option is to buy a sleeper suit or halloween costume. There are various animal themed sleepers that may be close to what you want, but your options will be much more limited.

I recently bought a dog suit from halloweencostumes.com. it wasn't the color I wanted, and an attempt to bleach it ligher didn't work on the faux fur. It's quite basic too, and needed a bit of adding on to for collar, nose, etc.

Being incontinent, I have to wear a diaper under the suit. It's quite warm too, so I don't wear clothes under it. Being a baby fur I want to put a diaper on the outside of my suit as well. It's actually more of a diaper cover I want to hold in place with diaper pins.
My suit cost under $100. Yeah it's limited and basic, but did I say under $100?

I'd actually consider going with a half suit instead of trying to get the ENTIRE thing. I believe its like...feet, hands and head and/or tail which looks surprisingly good combined with whatever clothes you wanna wear. Will be a heck of a lot cooler for most of your body as well

Another option if you don’t want the price of a full suit is to get a partial. A head, tail, and hand paws is much cheaper than getting a full body suit. Plus you can wear under your clothes, be a little more comfortable heat wise, and if you do leak it won’t go all over the suit.

I really like the kigurumi style that people have been wearing recently. Sometime people will wear them with a head but many are satisfied with the hood. I've found that you need to be pretty healthy to tolerate the conditions inside a fursuit head and the price is pretty discouraging for a special use item. It really depends on how many events you plan on attending. If you aren't going to wear your suit monthly it probably isn't worth the cost.
As pointed out above. There is no requirement you own a fursuit.

Yeah there isnt a requirement obviously but....I dunno to me I kinda feel like when I was growing up during the surge of anthro cartoons and stuff I always wished and hoped there was some way that we could transform ourselves into animals (at least I mean like grow a tail and cute ears or something)

If you suffer urge incontinence like me, then you'll definitely wear under your suit.
As for the sweating and not peeing much, that all depends on how hot it is , how much you drink and how much physical exertion you're putting on your body.
I've been wearing under my suit for 2 n half years now since urge incont set in and before that it was on a basis of where I was and what I would be doing.

Reactions: perlFerret, Piefox and RetroGamerGuy
Fursuits vary in price and most makers can be found through furry websites like FA.

I didn't use to wear diapers under suit but after one moment where I was stuck in a photo shoot and couldn't leave I got tremendously close to having an accident in suit and just made it to a restroom.
That being said all sweat aside I always now wear a diaper under suit and normally a lighter diaper since it will get changed out as soon as I am done suiting. It has saved my suit already 2 times that I can remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret, griphixx, RetroGamerGuy and 1 other person
Back