Fursona dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've been thinking a lot about the whole fursona thing. I really love animals... especially the cute ones :D And that connection (along with the influence of the internet's furry population) is convincing enough to make me believe that I do have a fursona; I just don't know what I am!!! How the hell do you work something like that out?
It seems like a strange request, but I wonder if anyone can help me figure it out... what kinda furry is a Dash?!?!?

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
well I'm a furry only in roleplays, but I just thought of the cutest animal I could think of which was a fox :). It can be any animal you feel you are. And dash sounds sort of like a puppy or fox to me, but thats just my opinion it can be anything :)

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
At it's heart, your fursona is little more than a personalized Mary Sue which is yours to indulge in as much as you want. And since it is your Mary Sue it can be what ever you want it to be or what feels the most like you.

That said, don't feel pressured you choose your 'animal' or whatever. It's NOT a prerequisite to participate in the fandom even if the way some use it may make you feel like you have to. If you don't feel like some particular animal, then don't have a fursona that you assembled so you could 'play the game' with the others. Afterall, that's all the furry fandom really is, a game of roleplay, fantasy and wishful thinking.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Well, fox's, wolf's, and puppies are most common, it seems, but you should pick your own...are you sweet and want hugs all the time? Then you're a puppy...

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I didn't pick "random species" for my fursonas, I love all animals but I chose the ones closest to my heart - a husky/wolf and a horse. The latter might sound a bit strange, but horses are pretty gentle for a creature that weighs as much as a car. ;-)

For those who can't figure out what fursona to stick with - don't. There is no rule anywhere that states you have to choose only one fursona. I've never been able to figure out what lies closer to my heart, but I have been in a rather long canine period. ;-)

By the way - when I joined TBDL in Februrary last year, I didn't want to use my main nickname, and I was terrible at making one up so I chose Spirit - after the movie.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
It doesn't really matter what your fursona is. Me, I choose based on a major link to my real life (swim team regular = otter) and the fact that I find mustelids extremely cute.

D

Doodle

well dash make me think you might be either a chetah or a hedgehog
but just keep in mind that like half the furry population is canines :p
-doodle

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Only one thing I can think of right now that hasn't been said...
Don't pick based on what's popular or rare. Just pick what you like or feel describes you.... either way. If you like foxes, then pick a fox. If you like meerkats, then there you go. I'm no FBI profiler or anything, but based on your avatar, I'd say you like canines.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Just choose with ever animal you like and feel closest too. That's how I came up witha wolf. A canine, but also can be more rabbid. (has anger problems) But wolves are also very caring for each other. I just love dogs and so I figured that would work. However my second choice would have to have been a chinchilla, I love those little guys and they're so playful. I've owned a few so I really love them. I just decided that I would go with what I thought best described my personality. Just think about it. There is no pressure to get one, just take your time and think back over what you would like to be most if you really want a fursona. Good luck. =)

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well really... one thought that has been with me for a long time, when I get onto this subject in my head, is that I love raccoons - such huggable creatures. :p But I wouldn't want to ruin the title of ADISC's only raccoon for Raccoon.

Actually, just looking at the member list, Raccoon doesn't exist :confused: what happened to him?

Either way, I think that's the one. Otherwise, like most peeps have suggested, i'd be Dash the Fox.
Anyways, thanks for all the input on this one though, it's quite inspiring some of the advice in how a fursona should, or at least can reflect character and personality; not just a fondness of animals, so thanks all :)

X

xdeadx

Just go with what you like the most. If not pick a random one and go with it. That's what I did and worked out perfectly ^_^ You add your own tastes to your fursona, making it unique and unlike other Furs.

Sandy0450

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My parents told me that as a baby/toddler I loved animals. I was even bitten by a dog but went up to stroke it again! Born in the year of the Tiger I also have an affinity for big cats....

So spiritually I go with them, and when I saw 'On Safari' on TV many, many years ago I realised - ah, that's me - lion. I knew nothing of 'furries' and didn't even know the word existed. I was still wearing nappies at night even though I was in my 20s (had done from babyhood and still do) and thought I was certifiably mental.

I moved to Africa, and lived in the confines of a Kenya National Park, seeing, hearing lions every day and night. I felt I could spiritually reach out to them. This confirmed my fursona is a lion and always has been. I am a spiritual therian... and am happy to stay that way.

I'm also perfectly sane, 'normal' (god, I hate that word) and love some fun!

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy
I'm a big rawry silver dragon, I think mostly because despite being only 5'10", I can feel like the daddy figure I play more often than not, but at the same time can shrink to a cute little wiggly silver hatchling for cubtime. Multifur/transform fursonas are nice, and I've met more and more of those lately.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'ma tiger. :3
I dunno. You just pick the one that you feel closest to. I tried to be a wolf once, but it never worked. I've always been connected to tigers. *shrug* You just have to do some searching in yourself and find your inner animal.

That said.

*pounce* ;3

Soulja_Flox

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Me is Teh FOX OF WAR!!!! RAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! lol. But yeah, a fox definitely describes my personality.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
My nickname in rl used to be Dave the Bear because I would always get the random generated name Bear when we played Halo and I played an epic battle against three people and I won 50 to 0 best game of my life,never happened again:(, but it's where the name came from plus I am built kinda bear like so it fit. As a carnivorous fur I do eat meat but I don't eat mammals and I would never personally kill an animal unless it was in pain. But when I first started out I thought my fursona was a dragon but after a while I requested a bear picture and saw it was me.

...I just realized how pointless it was of me to post this but I already wrote it out so.......post

WraithVintari

Contributor
Role
Babyfur, , Carer
same advice i gave on the other one.

a fursona is very personal to YOU. you shouldn't let others pick ur fursona any more than u should let someone pick your religion or your beliefs. if you do, you'll either not reach your full furry potential or you'll end end up disliking, or even hating the fursona. m

my advice for finding your true fursona is to experiment. just fool around with it until you find ones that you. and, after a time, if you find its not you, feel free to ditch it and try again.

trust me, i sympatize with not knowing your fursona. i went thru something like 16 of them before finding one that was me.

on a final note, once u do find it, u don't have to feel locked in it. you can always rp another character (i myself have 8 fursonas i rp, sometimes simultaneously). or you can create a 2nd fursona, or a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th if u need to

Status
Not open for further replies.