Fur Con First-Timer!

Sapphyre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So… this weekend I will be attending my first-ever furry convention! I'm more than a bit anxious, crowds are a little scary for me to begin with…

Any tips or advice for a first timer? ^^;

I'd say dont do my mistake and spend the whole con drinking and miss most of the events. My best advice would be to find a friend who's been to that con before preferably as you can hang out with them and then you're not just standing in a corner if you know what I mean. It's also cool to get to know the abdl side of the fandom and the odd abdl room party here or there. You can mainly tell if somebody's a babyfur through their badges. Also make sure you have fun!

Padros said:
I'd say dont do my mistake and spend the whole con drinking and miss most of the events. My best advice would be to find a friend who's been to that con before preferably as you can hang out with them and then you're not just standing in a corner if you know what I mean. It's also cool to get to know the abdl side of the fandom and the odd abdl room party here or there. You can mainly tell if somebody's a babyfur through their badges. Also make sure you have fun!

I do have a friend who has been there before, and while I'll be very inclined to hide behind her the entire time, she's an artist… so she'll mostly be at her table… so I may have to acquire some bravery to really join in. ^^;

Last edited:
Padros said:

That's funny because over time, I learned that skipping most of the events and hanging out with people (and drinking) was the best part. I guess it's a matter of learning what you like and seeing what the experience has to offer to accentuate that. I wholeheartedly support the idea of having a friend to guide. Furcons can be exciting and surreal but they can also be lonely if you can't easily join in with all the fun.

Trevor said:
Furcons can be exciting and surreal but they can also be lonely if you can't easily join in with all the fun.
This. There is nothing worse than the feeling of having just paid a bunch of money to hang out in a giant crowd for the weekend only to be completely alone.

So how was your first time attending a con

Safariwolf said:
So how was your first time attending a con

I loved it! More than anything else I loved the social atmosphere, and being able to walk around wearing my collar with no second glances.

And I totally need a fursuit…

irnub said:
This. There is nothing worse than the feeling of having just paid a bunch of money to hang out in a giant crowd for the weekend only to be completely alone.

Ya, my first con was pretty brutal actually. It's a bit of a learning curve.

Near said:

I went with a friend (also an artist) who knew many of the furries there already; I got a gentle introduction. ^.^

Sapphyre said:
I loved it! More than anything else I loved the social atmosphere, and being able to walk around wearing my collar with no second glances.

And I totally need a fursuit…

Glad that you had fun. I'm sorry that I didn't see this sooner. Hopefully you attended the panels on topics like "So this is your first furry con". There's always lots of helpful information in those. If you didn't attend one, just do a video search for them on youtube.

Some people make them pretty entertaining. I actually enjoy going to them, because they can be so funny. Alkali is pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJb9diSyc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMCl9T-ICs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRlzK6o_sA

Near said:

Awe. Really? I'm sorry. I didn't know that.

It's awesome to hear you had a great time :D
I love going to cons, which is also why I feel a little more poor than I normally would :sweatdrop:

Which convention did you go go?

Lagon said:
It's awesome to hear you had a great time :D
I love going to cons, which is also why I feel a little more poor than I normally would :sweatdrop:

Which convention did you go go?

DenFur ^.^

Nice! I didn't know that one, so I had to look it up. Looks really fun :)
I have only attended European convention ;)

<3 Fur Cons. Everything about them. I never want them to end and I wish that we could all just stay and live that way forever, lol. Even just seeing fursuiters makes me squeal with glee and I feel so welcomed and safe.

Back