Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I visited ABU's Everett warehouse earlier today. It was my second time visiting, the first time being back before COVID. The place has changed a bit. The outside is still the same old ugly-looking warehouse, but the front office has been completely remade. It's now a very intentional little store, cute and well-lit. The warehouse area, which used to be visible as you entered, is now hidden from view.

I had in mind to buy my first ever onesie ("Diapersuit"), and although I normally wear reusable cloth diapers, I also wanted to get some PeekABUs for "emergencies." (I'd have gone for Little Kings, but they're out of stock.) There were two employees working the front office, both friendly and quick to help out. My PeekABUs were immediately sourced, and then we talked for a bit about the onesies. I was advised that it was best to try on a onesie while wearing a diaper (a big "Duh!" in hindsight), and as I'd arrived in underwear, I was offered a complimentary sample diaper to take with me to the changing room. I selected an SDK.

The changing room, like the rest of the front office, has been made over. It has a slightly more clinical vibe to it now, but the big changing table, plushies, and assorted other decor are still unmistakably "baby." It's nice. I hadn't used the changing table the last time I was there, and was excited to try it out. I can now say that I've been diapered (by myself… sigh…) on an adult-sized baby changing table.

My little side really wanted a Little Pawz onesie, or maybe something pink, but I ended up with a plain green one. I work from home, and my workday is also my diaper time. Unfortunately, that means I need to look "big" from the waist up when the Zoom call starts. If I end up really liking this onesie though, I’m sure I’ll buy another. Maybe then I’ll get something totally little and non-worky.

I’d love to visit ABU more often, but despite living only an hour away, it’s rare that I can make it to Everett on a weekday. Perhaps it can at least become a yearly tradition. I think I’d like that.

• Love
Reactions: checkingoutall, Kayleigh, craigd1341 and 8 others
I live about an hour from the ABU warehouse in Baltimore, but I hope to visit within the next few months.

Reactions: checkingoutall and Cottontail
killahB said:
I live about an hour from the ABU warehouse in Baltimore, but I hope to visit within the next few months.
First time?

I’m starting to realize that I’ve undervalued my ability to buy this sort of stuff in person. Sure, it’s completely nonessential, but I so seldom interact with other ABDLs face-to-face. Even handing them my money is something, heh. It just… keeps it “real.”

Reactions: killahB, checkingoutall, ReluctantAdult and 2 others
Yes, it will be my first time. I'll probably have a deer in the headlights look when I go, but it would be nice to interact with like-minded people in person.

killahB said:
Yes, it will be my first time. I'll probably have a deer in the headlights look when I go, but it would be nice to interact with like-minded people in person.
Ha ha, yeah... I don't know what the Baltimore location is like, but the Everett location definitely sets you up for that deer-in-the-headlights look. You walk up to a windowless door in a windowless wall, ring a doorbell, and wait to be admitted. It's definitely not a normal retail experience, but then that's never really been their goal. Still, they've been polishing it. It's a pleasant surprise to step through the door and not find yourself in some ugly industrial space, but rather a cute little "showroom" of sorts. Anyway, I hope you make the trip and enjoy yourself!

I live near Portland and should really plan a trip up there! I'd wear my Tykables shortalls. Hope they won't get mad! 🤪

Just checked, my drive time would be nearly 4 hours one way! It would be a full day trip but I will do it soon! Maybe hit some record stores in Seattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret and Cottontail
LainIsLain said:
I live near Portland and should really plan a trip up there! I'd wear my Tykables shortalls. Hope they won't get mad! 🤪

Just checked, my drive time would be nearly 4 hours one way! It would be a full day trip but I will do it soon! Maybe hit some record stores in Seattle.
Ah! I didn’t realize you were one of the PNW family, Lain. As the sole objective of a day-long trip, ABU would probably disappoint, so the added stops are a good idea.

As for the Tylables garb: I didn’t see anybody there who looked like the brutish, bouncer type. They do have a security camera by the door though. Maybe bring a change of clothes so that if you ring the doorbell and nothing happens, you can don something less provocative and try again, heh. :)

(Saying “friend” in Elvish never hurts either.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LainIsLain and perlFerret
Their active wear onesie is the best. They are a bit pricey but so far the best I’ve found for a comfortable discrete fit. They are stretchy and nice for warmer weather too. Only setback is if they have them in stock online. I must wear the universal size because they are always sold out!!

Reactions: Cottontail
I live about 5 hours east of the Everett location and I have been trying to work up the nerve to go into that one each time we are over there. It would be a milestone for me to be open with that side of me to anyone other than my wife (and previously my therapist), but that is a huge step for me and I like those of you above anticipate that deer in the headlights experience no matter how chill and welcoming they are! Here's to goals!

Reactions: Cottontail and killahB
PNW509Little said:
It would be a milestone for me to be open with that side of me to anyone other than my wife (and previously my therapist), but that is a huge step for me and I like those of you above anticipate that deer in the headlights experience no matter how chill and welcoming they are! Here's to goals!
I can sort of relate. I used to live in the Seattle area and was meeting up with other ABDLs almost monthly. One’s comfort level with such things declines with isolation though. I've lived in a rural area for about the last seven years, and have made it to exactly zero munches during that time. It gets the heart racing a bit, just thinking about seeing another of our kind IRL now. I don't regret moving, but I definitely didn't appreciate the in-person social aspect of this stuff until I lost it.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Ah! I didn’t realize you were one of the PNW family, Lain. As the sole objective of a day-long trip, ABU would probably disappoint, so the added stops are a good idea.

As for the Tylables garb: I didn’t see anybody there who looked like the brutish, bouncer type. They do have a security camera by the door though. Maybe bring a change of clothes so that if you ring the doorbell and nothing happens, you can don something less provocative and try again, heh. :)

(Saying “friend” in Elvish never hurts either.)
Will go soon either way. Ya will have to plan a fee more stops to make it worth the trip. Maybe the Grizzly Machinery outlet!😁

LainIsLain said:
Will go soon either way. Ya will have to plan a fee more stops to make it worth the trip. Maybe the Grizzly Machinery outlet!😁
Got my little bench sander there. My table saw is also a Grizzly, but a late 1980’s model inherited from my dad. It’s a tank. Only thing it’s ever needed replaced was a belt.

Very un-little thing to do though, sawing wood. Unless you wear a diaper while you’re doing it, I guess. 🤷

Last edited:
Reactions: LainIsLain
Well... I fell in love with woodworking way before I found my little! Now I get to wear diapers when doing it. Sharping my chisels when diapered! Without context that sounds downright dangerous! 😅🤣

My mini mill CNC (conversation) and spindle sander are Grizzly. The spindle sander has been a great tool! Oh and my long hand plane is also Grizzly. I got a better blade for it though.

Last edited:
I used to do woodworking, making cargo style furniture. I too can understand the thrill of going into an AB/DL store because it's announcing that you're into wearing diapers, etc. Today I had to buy some Aveeno Baby cream at the grocery store and I almost always go into the checkout line where someone has to see my diaper rash cream and check it. It always makes me feel little.

• Haha
Reactions: Rainbow, Cottontail and LainIsLain
dogboy said:
Today I had to buy some Aveeno Baby cream at the grocery store and I almost always go into the checkout line where someone has to see my diaper rash cream and check it. It always makes me feel little.
I’ll never tire of buying actual baby products for myself at the store, in person. The need for instant gratification is “little” too, and something Amazon still hasn’t solved (though they’re trying).

And hey! Sorry about your butt, dogboy. Or, well… your “diaper area.” I was congratulating myself a few weeks ago for having gone several years without a diaper rash, and then I immediately got one. :rolleyes: Somebody was listening.

LainIsLain said:
Well... I fell in love with woodworking way before I found my little! Now I get to wear diapers when doing it. Sharping my chisels when diapered! Without context that sounds downright dangerous! 😅🤣

My mini mill CNC (conversation) and spindle sander are Grizzly. The spindle sander has been a great tool! Oh and my long hand plane is also Grizzly. I got a better blade for it though.
My dad was a woodworking fanatic. Everything had a wooden solution. Since he died four years ago, I’ve been running nonstop into his amusing little creations as I help Mom take care of her house. He also made most of the furniture.

His ghost is probably wooden.

My own skills are very basic by comparison. I think of myself as being little more than “handy” when it comes to woodworking, but it’s something. If not for Dad’s example, I’d have had to pay people to do a lot of simple stuff over the years!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dogboy and LainIsLain
Cottontail said:
I’ll never tire of buying actual baby products for myself at the store, in person. The need for instant gratification is “little” too, and something Amazon still hasn’t solved (though they’re trying).

And hey! Sorry about your butt, dogboy. Or, well… your “diaper area.” I was congratulating myself a few weeks ago for having gone several years without a diaper rash, and then I immediately got one. :rolleyes: Somebody was listening.

My dad was a woodworking fanatic. Everything had a wooden solution. Since he died four years ago, I’ve been running nonstop into his amusing little creations as I help Mom take care of her house. He also made most of the furniture.

His ghost is probably wooden.

My own skills are very basic by comparison. I think of myself as being little more than “handy” when it comes to woodworking, but it’s something. If not for Dad’s example, I’d have had to pay people to do a lot of simple stuff over the years!
Haha...thanks for your concern but I actually don't have a diaper rash. I buy the Aveeno to prevent that from happening. It's actually the same formula that they use in their Eczema lotion but at half the price. It contains Dimethicone which protects the skin quite well and is supposed to last for 24 hours. But part of the joy is in purchasing it in a store with real, live people. For the same reason I buy and use the Johnson's baby wash. I love the way it smells so I'll often us it last when I take my shower so the smells sticks around. I actually have mild to medium Eczema so I also use CeraVe Red so by the time I'm finished in the shower, I'm a human ointment lab experiment.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, Rainbow and Cottontail
dogboy said:
Haha...thanks for your concern but I actually don't have a diaper rash. I buy the Aveeno to prevent that from happening. It's actually the same formula that they use in their Eczema lotion but at half the price. It contains Dimethicone which protects the skin quite well and is supposed to last for 24 hours. But part of the joy is in purchasing it in a store with real, live people. For the same reason I buy and use the Johnson's baby wash. I love the way it smells so I'll often us it last when I take my shower so the smells sticks around. I actually have mild to medium Eczema so I also use CeraVe Red so by the time I'm finished in the shower, I'm a human ointment lab experiment.
LOL. Glad I misunderstood. :) Wife has psoriasis, so in this house she’s the ointment lab experiment. Fortunately her case isn’t particularly severe. All three of her siblings have it far worse.

Unfortunately the prescription psoriasis creams don’t smell “little” at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
I’ve really wanted to visit it. I live near Portland and wonder if the drive up is worth it 🤔 are you able to just walk in anytime?

dl122583 said:
I’ve really wanted to visit it. I live near Portland and wonder if the drive up is worth it 🤔 are you able to just walk in anytime?
Yup. And actually... Holy crap! They have weekend hours! 12:30pm to 8pm. When did that happen?! That changes everything for me. I'm traveling to the Seattle area every couple of months, usually on weekends.

I feel pretty silly now. Back before COVID, they were a weekdays-only operation.

Damn.

Anyway yeah, you just show up, wonder whether you're in the right place because it looks nothing like a diaper store, ring the doorbell, and smile for the camera. If they're open, and if you don't look like a vagrant (and aren't wearing Tykables shortalls), somebody will eventually appear and welcome you in. It's a nice little place inside.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dl122583 and dogboy
Cottontail said:
Yup. And actually... Holy crap! They have weekend hours! 12:30pm to 8pm. When did that happen?! That changes everything for me. I'm traveling to the Seattle area every couple of months, usually on weekends.

I feel pretty silly now. Back before COVID, they were a weekdays-only operation.

Damn.

Anyway yeah, you just show up, wonder whether you're in the right place because it looks nothing like a diaper store, ring the doorbell, and smile for the camera. If they're open, and if you don't look like a vagrant (and aren't wearing Tykables shortalls), somebody will eventually appear and welcome you in. It's a nice little place inside.
😜

Saw the Google Street view. They're really super lowkey in front. A cool colorful mural on the wall would be awesome but I guess it would ruined the industrial aesthetic. :unsure: 😅

• Haha
Back