• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Fun Day in the ER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
This thread comes on the coattails of Mesmerale's "sickness" thread.

As I mentioned in her thread, I thought I had a stomach bug, too. However, the discomfort in my lower abdomen wasn't getting any better. Calling our doctor's office this morning, they recommended I go to the ER right away. Then and there I knew I was in for an enjoyable day - all day! :rolleyes: They did a scan of my stomach area and it turns out I had a bout of Diverticulitis or basically an inflamed lower bowel. They gave me two different antibiotics in an IV plus prescriptions for the same in pill form to be taken over the next 10 days. Between getting the scans and blood tests, then waiting hours for the results, it pretty much shot the whole day. At least they did find out what was wrong with me, and that it wasn't serious like a blockage. We did have a little excitement when "code blue" was called on someone a couple rooms up from where I was. Fortunately, they were able to bring him around from what I overheard a doctor say. Seeing and hearing what others are going through made me consider myself fortunate to be in as good of health as I am. Hope to keep things that way as long as possible.:smile:

~Pramrider

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
*grabs popcorn and waits for Fallen's head to implode*

Pram, intestinal distress is no fun! Here's to a speedy recovery.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Sorry to hear about your sickness Pram. I've never been to the ER so I wouldn't know their selection of magazines but they're never good.

Glad your okay. Now make me a sammich.
In honor of a poem someone read today,

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Sorry to hear about your stay in the ER. Diverticulitus can be very painful, and cronic I believe. I hope it's not for you, and you can get over this quickly because you are a good guy. My last stay in the ER was about two years ago when I had MRSA. That also resulted in an IV of Vancamyacin, then a pic line and Vanc every day for a month, after work. What a long haul!

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Guys, stop it, Fallen will die if we don't stop being illiterate. You're okay Fallen?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Glad to hear your doing ok Pram. :)

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yourr okay though. Thats good. Were all all glad to hear your doing fine and that theres nothing seriously wrong with your stomach.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Yourr okay though. Thats good. Were all all glad to hear your doing fine and that theres nothing seriously wrong with your stomach.

I swear you guys are trying to make me like implode...

Role
Private
Suddenly I'm in the mood for steak.
---------------------
Religion in MY schools?
It's more common then you think, more at 11
The Logic Bunny is pissed now. Hopefully this is a phase you're going through; if not, you'll definitely want to correct your own grammar before being a pedant. Otherwise you just look foolish, arrogant, and petty.

Pramrider, get better!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
The Logic Bunny is pissed now. Hopefully this is a phase you're going through; if not, you'll definitely want to correct your own grammar before being a pedant. Otherwise you just look foolish, arrogant, and petty.

Pramrider, get better!

Wow, first person to actually catch that, I'm impressed.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think your doctor's office is pretty stupid. You complain of what you think is just some small virus and not only do they not say come see them they tell you to go to the freaking ER. Hopefully everyone see the problem with that otherwise I fear for humanity even more then what I already do.

For the ones that don't understand the problem. ER stands for EMERGENCY Room. a cold or something to that extent isn't a emergency yet sadly some people treat it like it is. (Grant for someone who has HIV or a low white blood cell count or something to that extent it can be a emergency, but I doubt that's the case here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.