Full site name now being shown...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I've just noticed that the title bar now reads the full name of the site instead of the acronym. Any reason for this? >.>

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Maybe because people kept asking what ADISC meant? I think it's a good idea. :p

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
wow, it'a a loooooooooooong title, and I thought they put the full title down right beside the Contact Us link for this reason-so we don't have to answer the same question over and over again (what is ADISC)....

Cen Aeonis

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
The problem I'm finding with the change is discretion. When people walk into my bedroom, I don't want the chance of them seeing the titles of tabs I have open, and having the full site name in display on a Firefox tab, with the words Adult & Teen Baby, Diaper Lover, etc. in plain view. I enjoyed it a lot when it was just ADISC, because that gave almost no insight into its meaning unless people knew beforehand what it meant, which was a vast improvement to the original TBDL acronym. Now, I have to rename the tab just in case, and, while that doesn't cause too many problems, I'm still finding it a hassle.

I would like the meaning of the site's acronym shown somewhere, but not on my internet tab.

F

FullMetal

Yea, I noticed that too. Doesn't that take away from the whole discrete thing we were going for with the name and the logo? I don't mind, but some others might, like above.

FullMetal

Neonite

Est. Contributor
Role
That's exactly why I made this thread, Aeonis.

My dad likes to walk in and check on while I'm doing semi-often. Having him see a tab marked "Adult & Teen Baby, Diaper..." in my browser is not a good thing. >.>;

Neither would "Adult & Teen..." do any good, if my tab was small enough. >.>;;;

The logo I don't mind, since that's easily hidden.

Last edited:

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Ya, I would like it to go back to ADISC as we have the full name of the acronym on the bottom. ANd I'm with Aeonis, the only comp we have now is in the living room, across the room from the couch where my family sits.......

Role
Private
Whilst I have my own room and own computer, I find people still barge into my room for whatever reason. With the site name out in full, I have to close the browser and whatnot. Very annoying >_<

What was the reason for the change over anyway?

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Whilst I have my own room and own computer, I find people still barge into my room for whatever reason. With the site name out in full, I have to close the browser and whatnot. Very annoying >_<

What was the reason for the change over anyway?

I was about ready to start a big massive rant-.. i mean thread(!) on this... but Lukie's gone and said it for me =P

okay, i agree with having it maybe where it is on the homepage, but both the tab bar in firefox and taskbar item now read "Adult & Teen Baby, Diaper Lover..." which is not a good situation to be in when someone walks in and i do my usual 'change the tab to something else cos whoever has just walked in won't know what ADISC means anyway'

can we pleeeease maybe possibly change that, Moo?
I'll give you a cookie...? =P

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Yeah, same problem here. It's less discrete.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Other than hiding the meaning of ADISC. It also is a very very very long title. Looks a little silly.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
It doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out in this thread. Of course, I live alone and so it doesn't matter what is on bar at the top or the tab (IE7 or FireFox)...at least not to me. However, I can see how this would be a bit distressing to those who are trying to be a little more discreet about their activities online. I'd suggest changing it back to simply ADISC.org. It's simple, it works, and the full-version is there in the title image on every page if anyone in the community really needs to figure it out.

Actually...I DID notice there was something 'different' when I went to my back-arrow to go back to the search page...I may have a weird way of doing things but I always click "new posts" then after I've read and/or responded to a thread I go back by clicking the arrow and choosing "ADISC Search" but that's not there any more it says "Adult & Teen Baby, Diaper Lover & Incon" So, I guess it DOES bother me! :(

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Originally the full title was added :
* to increase our search engine rankings
* to make sure we diddn't keep getting "what does ADISC mean?" questions

I've removed the long title from the title bar of browser windows.
I have however added a few more keywords to pages, so that hopefully search spiders will still be able to identify us and link to us more often.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

I have however added a few more keywords to pages, so that hopefully search spiders will still be able to identify us and link to us more often.
thanks, moo.
I'll get that cookie to you at some point :biggrin:

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
omg just as i was typing my relpy my mom came over and luckily i closed all the tabs
but as i was going to say
i agree with many people here
i wish it would go back to adisc
however us mozilla users have it better off
cuz there is a plug in called TabRenamizer
what it does is it talks all the tabs and puts different website names
like wikipedia
check it out
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2987

P.s. Just another reason to use mozilla over anyone elese

soory didnt read the post above me

Last edited by a moderator:

Neonite

Est. Contributor
Role

Thank you, Moo. n.n

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Thank-you Moo. I don't like images of bottles and pacis and such on my screen... I felt the title spelled out in full was too long and unaesthetically pleasing... But you know what would be cool? if the link was "ADISC" but when you put the cursor on it it spelled out the title in full... That would achieve the virtues of both approaches... It would only show in full for a second, then it would be clicked and goto the forums...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Racoon: from what I know with vB software that'd mean hacking the source code but it should be possible.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
*would also give moo a cookie but has none left so he bakes a cake and makes a sundae for Moo*

Here you go Moo

*hands him the :choccake: and :sundae:*

And thanks for changing it back to ADISC, we really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.