Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I don't know how you IC folks manage truly.
Or why anyone would want to make themselves IC.

Stress IC has me at my wit's end! It's been a big problem recently because of a very stubborn cough that refuses to go away. Normally I'm nervous of wearing out in fear of being discovered but after having a pretty significant accident at work today (no one noticed thank God) I think I need to go padded. All I've got are Crinklz. Hopefully no one notices but I'd prefer being seen with a bulge than a wet spot on my pants any day.

I love diapers but feeling like I need to use them leaves me frustrated.

Just felt the need to vent.

I guess to keep the conversation going, how do you guys manage?

How do you keep odors and noise down?

How do you keep feeling dry when you can't change?

I avoid odors by staying week hydrated, which also cuts down on my incidents of overactive bladder leakage (but likely won't help with stress incontinence).

Noise is a non-issue - even in a very quiet place, it would be rare for someone to notice the slight crinkle of my diapers. It sounds loud to you because you know to listen for it.

Feeling like the bulk of my diaper is visible through my pants had been the hardest issue for me, but I've reached the point of realizing that nobody noticed, and most wouldn't care if they did notice.

With OAB, I have the luxury of changing right after I wet, at least most of the time. If I can't change, I never really feel all that wet, really. SAP is a wonderful thing.

1 ) Make shore im THURLY protected 24/ 7

2 ) Change as soon as possible dear and wear GOOD HA diapers,as for the noice you will find NOONE else then you will hear it. Same with the bulk people have other things to do then trying to spot if you have a bulk from wearing diapers or not .

3 ) The best advice i can give is change as soon as possible dear

And lastly the sooner you ACCEPT that you have MEDICAL IC the sooner you will be able to to get on in life as usual and stop worrying and feel ashamed all the time dear. me i have NOTHING to feel ashamed of as this is medical IC so why would i have to feel ashamed and worry al the time what others might feel about me wearing diapers and all the rest all the time ? Do i like it HECK no ! But i rather wear diapers and all the rest then option 2 ANY Time

Reactions: trysexiea and psychonautalis
Avoid odors by staying well hydrated and maintain good hygiene. Reduce the feeling of wetness by using powder (also helps with odor control). Nobody will notice any noise, wear something slightly bigger than normal if you are concerned with appearance.

If questioned about the smell of powder, simply say that you use it in your socks and overdid it a bit on accident. If worried that someone will question you about noise, keep small individually wrapped candies (I carry mints) in your pocket. If asked, you can produce the item and say it must be that and offer one.

It can be a bit frustrating at first. I can understand your initial feelings of "helplessness". However, I've found that proper protection and maintenance relieve that frustration. In reality, simply taking the steps to protect yourself is anything but "helpless".

I manage my IC because I have to, being diapered isn't a luxury but a necessity. I stay well hydrated and change when I need to. Getting used to being IC was fustrating at first but now being IC for a little while I am coming to terms with it, don't worry in time you too will be able to accept that you need diapers and when that happens the stress will fade away you will stop worrying if others notice anything

Last edited:
Hi, I totally bladder incontinent and my pads and nappies are provided by the NHS here in the UK. Firstly you really need to see your doctor, stress incontinence can be improved with pelvic floor exercises and (kegel if you are female). The crinklz etc are great for ab needs but if you are having problems at work you need something like Abeena (Abri-Form) m4's or L4's. they are discreet and very absorbent. Also, pack small backpack as a changing bag, with spare nappies, wet wipes, rash cream, waterproof pants if you use them and several ziplock bags for used nappies etc that you can't dispose of immediately.

But see your doctor and have a look at:- http://www.pelvicfloorfirst.org.au/pages/men.html

Hi Sheeples.

Yeah a do tor visit may be necessary.

Otherwise let me shed a little light on your feelings about having to wear.

It took me 6 good months of crying and fear befor it said f... it. There is nothing i can do about my situation.

First. No one can hear you crinkle. Period. I refuse to wear anything but plastic backed diapers and although i can hear them in total silence. Really no one else can.

Second. Bulk. Change some of your clothing. Now im a man. When wering jeans i wear your typical 501s. No one can see anything mainly because the jeans hold the bulk. I have found that pleated dress pants for work are best and trust me i wear either northshore supremes or the new mega max. So you always have to ask the question. Really, how many times do i loom at anyone crotch. You would really have to be sticking out for that to happen. Skinny jeans are a thing of the past. Also longer shirts, sweaters and hoodies help.

Finally. Smell. I have a sensitive nose. Seriously, i can smell a smoker within 10 feet if not more. Same with body odor. Wear the right diaper and this is not an issue. Stay out of walmart and walgreens. Waste of money.

The whole thing is that if you need a diaper it just becomes a part of your routine. It really does not bother me anymore. I dont love diapers but i thank all the abdls on this website for pointing me in a direction for proper garments and diapers.

Ok... as I understand you are also DL - so a diaper might be fine and give the most satisfaction- but - just from an IC perspective:

a) I thing with stress IC you (hopfully) will not loose that much amouts in one episode. So you may thing over pads instead of diapers. I know this might be a bad advice in this forum but there a lot of benefits using pads instead of diapers (if it is possible): More air to the skin, cheaper, easier to handle...

b) It's not the best idea to marinate yourself while trying to survive a day in a soaked diaper or pad. The longer you wear it soaked, the more it smels and the more you might risk skin irritations. A standard is to change every 4 hours. It's best practice to adapt the capacity of the diaper or pad to this changing intervall.

c) It's also a bad idea to be shy if it comes to changing - it's your live and your healthiness - so don't give that much on what other may think. And: normaly they don't care at all. For a women it's even easier because the stalls are normaly equipt with bin's and it not unusal for a women to take there handbag to the washroom.

The other thing like Kegel, Doc etc. are already mentioned :)

Last edited:
If you do decide to use pads rather than nappies, make sure you wear tight fitting underwear with them, this helps hold them in place. As for changing the longest I go in a single nappy is overnight and i make sure to use a barrier cream all over the area covered by the nappies absorbent area.

Sheepies said:
I don't know how you IC folks manage truly.
Or why anyone would want to make themselves IC.

Stress IC has me at my wit's end! It's been a big problem recently because of a very stubborn cough that refuses to go away. Normally I'm nervous of wearing out in fear of being discovered but after having a pretty significant accident at work today (no one noticed thank God) I think I need to go padded. All I've got are Crinklz. Hopefully no one notices but I'd prefer being seen with a bulge than a wet spot on my pants any day.

I love diapers but feeling like I need to use them leaves me frustrated.

Just felt the need to vent.

I guess to keep the conversation going, how do you guys manage?

How do you keep odors and noise down?

How do you keep feeling dry when you can't change?

First, wanting to be functionally incontinent is NOT the same as being stress or urge incontinent. Second, do you understand what the driving force behind a transgender person is, and why they could possibly want a body opposite what they were born with? For some (myself especially), being diaper dependent truly IS how we see ourselves. It is our body identity. Not being this way is more stressful, and just more...wrong....than being incontinent.

I wear Crinklz to my quiet work office every day as well. Guess what, nobody notices. Though I do also wear a PUL diaper cover over my Crinklz. This helps me to notice any potential leaks, as well well as helping to contain any smells and muffling any diaper noise. Like we have said time and again, nobody notices unless we make it completely obvious.

Premium diapers like Crinklz do feel more dry than cheap diapers, but any diaper can only go so far to making you fee dry when soaked. For those like me, I guess I'm kind of lucky because I like feeling wet at times. I truly do understand it though. I have loved wearing diapers as long as I can remember. When I became urge incontinent I absolutely hated myself for also loving them. It felt like my perfect reason for wearing might have been an excused after all. I fell for society tell me I should hate wearing diapers as an adult, and hated myself for still wanting them anyways. Eventually (yeah more like 10 years), I came to truly realize I both loved and legitimately needed diapers. Both are positives that add to each other, not take away from it. There is NO reason, morally or legally, we should hate wearing diapers, especially if we need them (physically OR mentally).

No problem venting. It's hard thing to own. Sadly, it's a condition that doesn't get a lot of social empathy or visibility.

That grass is greener on... There are days when I think stress incontinence would be preferred over urge (or OAB-wet) as I have to be prepared for a worst case scenario rather than using something lighter (discreet) with a more predictable output.

Look for joy in each day.

I am fully incontinent with zero bladder control, so I have to wear 24/7 and have done so for 7 years. In all that time, no-one has ever noticed my nappies. Sound is a complete non-issue; the only time I even notice the noise myself is when I'm at home in complete silence and I'm wearing just a nappy with no clothes over it. When at work, I wear boxer-briefs over the top; this stops all the noise and also helps stop the nappy from sagging when it's wet (though be careful as it does make them more prone to leaking, as they can't expand as much).

Good quality nappies help with odour control, as does keeping well-hydrated, practising good hygiene and changing regularly. Sitting in your own stale pee for hours on end WILL start to smell, so just don't do that at work or in public. I never go more than 3 hours in a wet nappy at work, even if it's not at capacity I'll change it anyway to avoid any unpleasant odours.

Powder helps to keep feeling dry; if you don't want the scent of baby-powder to give you away, there are unscented options instead.

Above all, the most important thing to remember is that your nappy is nowhere near as noticeable to anyone else as it is to you. Yes it is frustrating and inconvenient, but it's infinitely less frustrating and inconvenient (and less noticeable) than wet pants.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
PCBaby said:
If you do decide to use pads rather than nappies, make sure you wear tight fitting underwear with them, this helps hold them in place. As for changing the longest I go in a single nappy is overnight and i make sure to use a barrier cream all over the area covered by the nappies absorbent area.

I think the person has to use "pad" instead of "Diaper" or "nappy"

Back