Frustrated with myself

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Last night we watched some shows on my laptop in bed, instead of the living room. I dosed off before the third episode was over and my wife nudged me to put the laptop away. I put it on the floor and fell asleep... without a diaper on. Needless to say, I woke to cold clammy wet sheets this morning at 5am :(

It's been months since I've woken to wet sheets! Last time was because I didn't reposition the tapes after reusing a dry diper from the previous night, and it leaked out the loose top...

Anyway, just feeling frustrated with myself and needed to vent.

srmousse said:
Last night we watched some shows on my laptop in bed, instead of the living room. I dosed off before the third episode was over and my wife nudged me to put the laptop away. I put it on the floor and fell asleep... without a diaper on. Needless to say, I woke to cold clammy wet sheets this morning at 5am :(

It's been months since I've woken to wet sheets! Last time was because I didn't reposition the tapes after reusing a dry diper from the previous night, and it leaked out the loose top...

Anyway, just feeling frustrated with myself and needed to vent.

Don't worry it's not a big deal wet beds happen.

Hey - things like that happen... and it's better to wake up a 5am (what is still pretty early) as at 3am and have to change the sheets in the middle of the night :). Or even worse: To be waked up by your wife because she get's wet too :)

I have had that happen every now and then. I fall asleep before I diaper up for the night and wake up wet or messy or both. It's very embarrassing that it happens even while I am diapered up, but it is a major inconvenience when I am not diapered as the accidents are uncontained without a diaper and really makes a mess even though I have a mattress cover and sleep on a top pad. It just makes a total mess of the sheets and blankets to have to wash.

If overnight wetting is an issue then you have to make sure you never go to, or lie in, bed without already having a diaper on. And as you found out, that even includes if you don't intend to go to sleep right away. The same thing for naps too. Never lie or sit down with the prospect of taking a nap if you don't have a diaper on.

Hi smousse

It's okay, it happens. We've all been there. For one reason or another, we don't have full control of our bladders, bowels or both.
I support the other posts recommending the need for diapers more frequently (or thicker diapers if you're 24/7 already), but be kind to yourself. Don't blame yourself for something you have no control over. None of us can help it. It's okay to vent, and wearing diapers does not mean you're a failure in any way.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Could have been worse. You could have leaked from the other end.

Good thing you didn't fall asleep with the laptop in bed with you.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I feel better now. I got it all cleaned up this morning and I'll have clean sheets on the bed shortly. In the end my wife was pretty compassionate this afternoon when she saw the sheets off...

I agree, it could have been worse. I think the frustrating part is, I've worked pretty hard over the years to figure out what works to keep the sheets dry. Then for a dumb mistake to leave everything wet!

I've mentioned this before, my wife dislikes the diapers, but dislikes wet sheets even more!

Needless to say, I'll be donning a dip as soon as the kids are in bed tonight!

Back