Frustrated and Extremely Annoyed With My Bladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
daylight said:
There are generic versions of meds that you can ask for and other options and types to look at.

wasn’t much fun when I went through it cannot think it got better over time. You will get over the irritation from the catheter the next day and everything should be better. They use a small diameter for testing, imagine a 16F, that’s an experience.

yea it’s already better and unfortunately the other less expensive meds have been taken.. they don’t do anything, the Myrbetriq is already starting to produce relief.. we shall see if she can convince cheap caid.. I doubt it and honestly if she can’t I’m done.. I fought and i fought hard but at some point enough is enough.. I’ll wear a pad over a catheter because it will be a cold day in blank before one of those goes in again.

You do get used to catheters. The first few times I was cathed, it felt like there were spikes on the outside of it. Now, I cath up to eight times a day and hardly think about it. The body just adapts.

That said, diapers carry much less infection risk than catheters. Unless you have retention issues and there's no other way to get the urine out of your bladder, diapers are much, much better.

Batt I Skipped the meds and went straight into diapers when my OAB issue started, my first urologist was pushing meds (wanted me to join a clinical trial (Blind test I would have no Idea what I was taking) but my wife was with me and she 100% agreed with me that meds were not an option. Fast forward 5 years and 2 urologists Im ok with being diapered 24/7 (Betterdry diapers) I agree the first test hurt a but but my last test I didn’t feel the camera enter my bladder.

My boss is on a drug for his diabetes that is in the same family of one of the drugs my doctor said would help but over the last year I have seen his concentration and memory fade, I keep telling him he needs think about changing his meds but he says its working but the side effects for me are not worth it.

I have no regrets choosing being diapered 24/7 as its cheaper over all and there are no side effects from meds, if you still have to wear a diaper for the times when the meds fail to work 100% and you don't make it to the bathroom it may be worth thinking about switching to premium diaper and skip the meds if they are not working and if you notice some of the possible side effects but thats a decision only you can make .

I definitely had the same experience Rob110. I started with the drugs after finding my underwear wet after using the bathroom and visiting the doc. I had headaches and was in a fog. I still found I was wet very often and over the years the problem only has gotten worse. Realizing that I still had to wear a diaper either way I dropped the drugs and feel much better for it. I do have to change more often and these days it is pretty obvious I had something on under my pants, but I have not been confronted at work or anything. I try to hide them, but I would rather wear a diaper and deal with things over the effects of the drugs.

Medication effects people differently and for me it’s taken the edge off the bladder spasm. That may not be the case for others.. But meds at least for some are an easier solution. In my case I did not want to give up without a fight, which why I started with meds. I’m almost done though so we shall see where the ship sails.. I appreciate your guy’s advice and I’ll keep u all updated.

Well day 5 of meds resulted in 3am urgency and leakage thankfully I made it before major damage occurred but damn it was close.. A change of underwear is no big deal i guess, but had hoped the med would have prevented that.. This is starting to feel like a down hill slide sigh..

Hi Butt,

maybe your expections are to high - I mean if I catch it righ 5 days and one little accident - I would think this is a great improvement. When my UIC started I had nearly no control and wet myself maybe four or five times a day - sometimes even more, the meds brought it down to one or two accidents. After round about four years and lots of efforts I’m happy that I have some dry day’s and don’t need the drugs anymore but at night I still need diapers because I still can’t hold it when I wake up from the urge.

So reading this I think your are lucky, because if it works this way I think you have good chances to cure it out If you hang in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back