From Male to Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think you should talk to someone who has actually gone through this like Sawaa...And I think Embyr is a cool name...It's somewhat original, and it's not a goth wannabee name...

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think you should talk to someone who has actually gone through this like Sawaa...And I think Embyr is a cool name...It's somewhat original, and it's not a goth wannabee name...
Remember that your name sticks with you for the rest of your life, and it'll be one of the first things people will know about you, sometimes they'll even know your name before they even see you. And do you really want to explain over and over again where that name comes from and why it's not spelled "Amber"? "John Smith" may be a really boring name that millions of people have, but at least you don't stick out like a blue flag in a wheatfield.
Plus in this special case, he can't even blame it on his parents' absurd taste - he chose the name himself! So while explaining his/her name, (s)he has to push the gender transformation into everyone's face too.

Peachy

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I'm indifferent to transsexualism, I personally would never dream of it because I like being a guy. But I do realise that sometimes, people feel that they were born the wrong gender, and this can be true in some cases.

But as other people have pointed out, you're only 17 and you're on the wrong side of the law. And as other people have suggested, I think you should take some time off, have a good look around and at yourself and think "Is this really for me?".

That's about all the advice I have right now. I hope you can sort things out, but don't rush yourself. :)

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Wouldn't matter if the child was born in this generation... where people think up silly baby names... but not if you're adult or approaching it...

So then Ash... what insult do you have for the name Mysika... What's wrong with that? :p
Nah... that's an online name... and something to give fantasy or sci fi characters... I'm changing my name to Marissa... even though the name I use is Missy... It's more realistic to shorten the name personally rather than officially...

Ash still can give some advice of transitioning 'cause she started and then realized she'd rather be a girly guy... But Sawaa would be a good reference... I'm not all that good for giving out advice... which is sad seeing that I know plenty of abdl transgirls looking up to me... And I'm really lucky compared to a ****load of other transpeople...

Rushing is unrealistic... especially with all the damn waiting... Waiting for an appointment for some psychiatrist to give you a referal to an endocrinologist... which you'll be waiting a while for... and then the waiting for the progression... I'm only on half the typical dose of hormones at the moment... but hey... i don't mind now that I'm on them...

But the simple fact is that the surgery is nothing... The surgery does nothing but free an insecurity off your chest... It doesn't do any magic at all... The real ordeal and what really matters is all the stuff before then... And to be honest even though it take a lot of damn waiting and stuff... getting on hormones is an easy step... that is if you're 18+... you can't expect all that much if you're younger... But atleast you're somewhat lucky if you can get anti androgens then... Really lucky if you can get them before puberty... but chances are that you might just have to wait until you're 18 if you don't have supportive parents...

What really can matter is permanent hair removal... that can realistically be a bigger cost to you than the surgery... That's what I really need to do now... but I need the money so I can afford to add it to my schedule... Personally I feel like it's the only thing stopping me from looking androgynous...

The real issues though is the subtle things though... Ash is right... you have to fit... and it's not an easy thing to do... For me my voice is okay... I mean people think I'm a girl over the phone so it's good enough... And I guess I don't have a bad body shape... Not a good one though... and while it kills when i get hit in the chest, I'm still flat chested as of yet... I hope they grow visible 'cause I really don't want to get breast augmentation...

The truth is I don't have enough visual transitioning at the moment 'cause I know I don't look good enough... I don't dress flat out like a girl or wear make up... I haven't legally changed my name... and I don't demand my family to call me Missy...
That said... I do freely use the name Missy... I mean I'm starting work experience using that name... and my friends definitely use the name... And I do own girl clothing... it's just that most are second hand... And I still wear subtle articles of girl clothing, and try to wear androgynous clothing...

But it's hard... Making a hurdle doesn't make it any easier... It doesn't make things fall into place... Every step takes initiative... You'd need some heavy self confidence to jump right in... but jumping right in means being the confident freak... who may be able to smooth out nicely eventually... but who has to spend a lot of time being the outcast... And looking like crap...
Which I guess you have to do anyway... because anyone transitioning will look like crap and be an outcast at certain times... depending on how lucky you are in your appearance... or whether you find crazy lengths to get around it... But realistically... It's all awkward... So much more that I have to do and each step is scary... because I have to be freak to get further... maybe that's why I laughed at my experiences getting nappies... Because to me the first time was nothing... sure my heart was beating a little bit... but none of the silly things people talk about in their first time stories... the time i had a big package of nappies that i had to carry home just made me laugh at how much I didn't care... I don't seem to care if a stranger thinks I'm incontinent... The worries of getting nappies is nothing compared to the worries of trying to transition because it's not an inconspicuous thing...

And to Zeit and Spirit... It's always a weak argument to suggest that younger people don't know what they want... Yes... people need to think about what they're doing and have a reality check about what they're doing... But when something feels wrong... something feels wrong... and it doesn't matter what age you are... All that matters when someone wants to transition is that they have a reality check about it... And the fact is that bomb threats are something depressed people do... And if you grow up in a wrong feeling gender than of course you're gonna be depressed and frustrated...

Role
Diaper Lover
If your were born with an intersex medical condition like Kallmann's, Klinefeltners, AIS, PAIS, CAIS, Tunners, you would be treated far differently than you would with the standard transsexual.

Like me, I'm intersex and I'm born with a genetic medical condition such as Kallmann's. I just count myself as being lucky enough to being born and lucky enough to have a gender and lucky that i wasn't forced into an SRS when I was younger because They told me how bad it would look and how it wouldn't help or cure anything.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I take it, losing the penis is no biggie. As I understand it, they take the penis, split it down the middle and use it to make some sort of vagina that would have some sort of sexual sensation. But from what I've read and heard, the sensation is not as strong as you would be used to. If I am wrong about this, anyone, feel free to correct me, because I really could be wrong. But if I'm right, I think you ought to know what you will be giving up.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I take it, losing the penis is no biggie. As I understand it, they take the penis, split it down the middle and use it to make some sort of vagina that would have some sort of sexual sensation. But from what I've read and heard, the sensation is not as strong as you would be used to. If I am wrong about this, anyone, feel free to correct me, because I really could be wrong. But if I'm right, I think you ought to know what you will be giving up.

That makes me cringe just thinking about my penis being split in half...

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
My suggestion would be that you wait til your 18 at least and then start making your moves that way you don't need to have parental consent. I don't think it would affect you that greatly as far as your judge is concerned. But then again I've never had a problem with the law either. My wife is actually a male to female transexual so I understand where you are coming from but I would really suggest that you wait til your 18 and have more ability to do things legally to start your transititon. No reason to cause more hassles for yourself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.