Friendly Advice: Don't Smoke Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Hi, I'm 21 years old. I've been smoking since the end of my Junior Year in High School.

Recently, my right lung has been hurting every time I take a deep breath. I've also been coughing up blood.

If you don't want to be like me, then please don't smoke.

-DBB

Reactions: Moo
Role
Private
Will do :thumbsup:

Also, I take it you've seen a doctor about it? That's a serious problem you got there. Blood could pool up in your lungs and literally suffocate you from the inside. Might want to get that fixed ASAP.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Every time a heavy smoker enters a bus/train (usually putting out their cigarette just milliseconds before entering), I find myself wondering which smell is worse: General body odor/bad breath, messy diaper, or the smell coming the clothes of heavy smokers. I probably find all of them equally disgusting and would prefer not to sit next to either a heavy smoker, an unbathed person, or someone in a messy diaper on the bus.

So on top of your own health, you also risk being the unpopular person on the bus, where the seat next to you will remain free no matter how cramped the bus is gonna me. In other words: Smokers stink! :eek:

Peachy

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
That is truly sad, Brian.

However I have known plenty of peopel who have died of lung illnesses, as non smokers. My grandpa included. He died of lung cancer. Never smoked in his life.

Yes, cigarettes increase the risk.. but I'm just saying, you could get it anyway..

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My grandfather died of cancer too, and I believe my grandmother smoked for a while, too. My neighbor also lost her life due to lung cancer. And I've heard that a pack of cigarettes is an hour of your life lost.

There are truly horrible components in cigarettes, such as rat poison, tar, arsenic, methane, carbon monoxide...
If you take these elements and see how they are normally used, it's as if you were consuming lighter fluid, candle wax, batteries, barbecue lighter, industrial solvents, insecticide, toilet cleaner, rocket fuel, poison, vinegar, sewer gas... It also contains Polonium 210, which is radioactive.
Wikipedia said:
By mass, polonium-210 is around 250,000 times more toxic than hydrogen cyanide (the actual LD50 for 210Po is about 1 microgram for an 80 kg person (see below) compared to about 250 milligram for hydrogen cyanide). The main hazard is its intense radioactivity (as an alpha emitter), which makes it very difficult to handle safely: one gram of Po will self-heat to a temperature of around 500 °C. Even in microgram amounts, handling 210Po is extremely dangerous, requiring specialized equipment and strict handling procedures. Alpha particles emitted by polonium will damage organic tissue easily if polonium is ingested, inhaled, or absorbed (though they do not penetrate the epidermis and hence are not hazardous if the polonium is outside the body).

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I've been smoking since I was 13 (please don't hurt me.)

I really don't have any motive to quit, but I am still trying to wean myself off. :shy:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Hi, I'm 21 years old. I've been smoking since the end of my Junior Year in High School.

Recently, my right lung has been hurting every time I take a deep breath. I've also been coughing up blood.

-DBB
Great advice, diapeybabybrian!

Though certainly not impossible, it doesn't seem likely you've developed lung cancer from smoking in only about 5 year's time. There could very well be something else going on in your lungs and the smoking is just aggravating the condition. But, yes, as others have said, seek medical attention immediately! Don't figure on waiting to see if the problem goes away on it's own. The sooner you seek treatment the better your chances of a quick and complete recovery, even if you have the beginnings of cancer cell development. Sure hope it's found not to be a serious condition.

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
just answer me this... why?

I don't understand why anyone of our generation would choose to smoke... with all the information out there that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that smoking will kill you... why would you pick up a cigarette?

I'll stick to one addiction at a time... diapers for now.

boogalah

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
just answer me this... why?

I don't understand why anyone of our generation would choose to smoke... with all the information out there that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that smoking will kill you... why would you pick up a cigarette?

I'll stick to one addiction at a time... diapers for now.
The reason why is simple and I've heard it many times, because of stress. Smoking is a relaxing escape to people who choose to do it, just like diapers are for folks like us. Just like any other addiction.

Thanks for the advice dbb. My dad smokes and it's definitely not doing him any good, so I have more than enough reasons not to start.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've been smoking since 14.
:smile1:
I smoke a pack a week, and frankly, I don't feel a motive to cut it.

Poster : You twit! Your going to be dead before your 60, maybe younger!

Dusk : Perhaps thats the case, but I don't want to live to be a 80 yr old snivelling incontinent wreck with alzhaimers and parkinsons disease either.

Poster : But you won't be that if you don't want too!

Dusk : Mistake. My grandfather was an anti-smoker, anti-drinker, and followed a very healthy diet. He was also a very intelectual and thoughtfull person. What killed him in the end? Heart Disease. What did he have at the last few years of his life? Alzheimers.

Poster : But life is sweet!

Dusk : Remember that phrase when you need someone to wash you, change you, and give you your medicine because you can't take care of yourself, and your brain is slowly rotting

Poster : But your death will be painfull and slow! Lung cancer hurts!

Dusk : Euthanasia. If I'm in pain, I'll wish I was dead anyways.

Poster : Would a doctor administer it?

Dusk : If I'm in pain, gonna die anyways, yes

HOWEVER!

I do not endorse other people to start smoking. It's a completely bullocks idea, unless of course you really don't fancy living over a certain age.
So, all in all, I suggest most people with half a brain (unlike myself!) follow diaperbabybrians opinions on this, and not my slightly cynycal and satyrical (but true) post.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I smoke, I smoke less then I used to, but I can't quit, I tried so many times it isn't funny anymore.

Also like dusk, I will NEVER endorse anyone to smoke, just don't do it! it costs too many money and these days you get kicked out of restaurants etc...

I try not to smoke when I'm with kids, and if someone complains about my smoke, I either move away or just put it out. I'm a smoker! not a murderer! :s

so... good advice, but I'll pass.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur

-DBB
So you've been smoking for like 5 years? Maybe you have pneumonia. I doubt it's lung cancer...unless you've a predisposition for it.

My father smoked for over 40 years (started when he joined the army in 1939). He quit 'cold turkey' (so it CAN be done). He died in 1996 of cancer...but his lungs were fine. He just had cancer every where else!

I think the whole "smoking causes cancer" thing is over-done. You're more likely to die from stroke or heart attack if you smoke, actually.

Anyway, I would suggest you seek medical attention immediately. The blood could be from a stomach ulcer or some issue with your esophagus (possibly from coughing too much)...coughing usually brings up stomach fluids not 'stuff' from the lungs...or it could be something more serious.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yea, i know i've been smoking for only 5 years, but I'm also a heavy smoker. I've also heard of people dying from smoking this early in their life. So, i wouldn't be the only person.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You need to see a doctor.

My mom had the same thing, coughing up blood, had a hard time breathing, she went to the clinic and they told her it was pneumonia, so she kept taking her script that they gave her. I was 5 at the time, and went to my gramas for the weekend. My mom called her, said she was out of breath and told her to come because she was sick. My grama went there, my mom passed out. They brought her to the hospital and she had a blood-clot in her lung. She was in a coma for months, and they told my Grama she was going to die, and to come that night. Instead of dying, however, she came out of the coma.

Anyways, I smoke, I have for just over 2 years now, and I have no desire to quit, which is why I haven't. There was a couple times that I -did- quit, however it didn't last all to long, and I always went back to smoking.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
it's hard to know why people start smoking. i think ultimately what it boils down to is that despite all the efforts of anti-smoking ads and so forth it's still perceived as "cool" for some reason. i'll admit it, even i think that smoking is kind of cool. i started smoking at university because i was lonely, and smoking was a good excuse to stand around chatting with people. and the people in my dorm who smoked tended to be the people i was most interested in talking to anyway.

once i was addicted of course i kept smoking because it feels good to give in to your cravings, because i enjoy really fine-quality tobaccos, because it's nice to punctuate your day with little indulgences, and because it's a good way to socialize with people at work. it feels really good to smoke after a large meal -- it does wonderful things for your digestion. it's also a really good way to meet people when you're travelling. i can't possibly tell you how many people i've met because they sat down next to me and asked to roll one of my cigarettes.

i don't smoke anymore, though. i might start again someday if i feel like it, but i've vowed that i'll never smoke another cigarette after i turn 30. i was never any kind of a heavy smoker -- just a few cigarettes a day -- but it's still really horrible for your health. it also interferes with my sense of smell, and the stale odor of leftover cigarette smoke clinging to my clothes and my skin and all my stuff is pretty disgusting. on ballance i think it's generally a pretty stupid thing to do.

D

daria7483

I will just echo everyone here and say, Brian, see a doctor ASAP!

I have a good reason not to smoke: my mom has for about 40 years now, and I've seen the effects firsthand. Mainly, she has a nagging cough, but she's also lost most of her sense of taste and heavily salts all of her food, even pizza.

But, since I was dying to see what it was like as a teen, I stole cigarettes from her occasionally and smoked them. Fortunately, I didn't get hooked. And I now realize that "I wanted to see what it was like" is a really dumb excuse for trying something that could become a lifelong addiction.

So, if you haven't tried smoking, just don't. Find another way to relieve your stress. Even if you don't care about the health effects, there are plenty of other reasons not to smoke: it makes your clothes smell gross, people who don't smoke usually don't want to date smokers, you will always be antsy anytime you can't have a cigarette and other things won't taste as good to you. And once you start, it will be really, really hard to quit. It's a lot easier to just not start.

*steps down from soap box*

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Up until a week-ago, I was a smoker of between one-and-two packs a day for about ten years and totally goddamned proud of it. I love the smell, I love the taste, and for anyone who wanted to tell me to my face that I was making a bad choice, I had a big, proud, albino middle finger for them.

Last Sunday, I quit cold turkey. I've been perfectly fine since. I hope it's easy for as many others to quit this (insert own opinion: "awesome") habit when they choose to do so!

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I started smoking when I was 13, I gave up about 4 months ago. Only gave up cos I couldn't afford it. If I could afford to I still would smoke, I liked it too much

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I am so thankful I never started smoking, because I have a very addictive personality. Also, I like the smell and aroma of some (please don't hurt me) which is even more reason for me to stay away! Anyway, see a doctor, Brian (I know it's been said a bunch of times already, but it needs to be emphasized..)

And in regards to the whole "well I don't want to live to be 80 anyway" argument, my problem wouldn't necessarily be dying earlier on (although that would still suck) but it would be the years of coughing, wheezing, and other ailments that are worsened signifigantly by smoking.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
you just called every smoker stupid. smooth. have you tried a cigarette? YOU are listening to the anti-smoking ads, rather than unbiased studies about smoking.

smoking helps many people. see, i smoke socially. i use it as a platform to meet new people, and it calms the nerve. cigarettes are getting me through college; they're keeping my sane in the face of idiocy. in conclusion, give me a real, valid reason to quit and i will.

Status
Not open for further replies.