Free trial for ffxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well the title says it all FFXI (Final Fantasy Online) is offering a free 14 day trial for now :) FINAL FANTASY XI some of you WoW players might like this game more its a much more complex game ^.^ if u decide to play, play on the World Bahamut and give me a /tell im Nodeath (nothing about Ab/Tb/Dl stuff please some times people are over my shoulder) its a really fun game!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well the title says it all FFXI (Final Fantasy Online) is offering a free 14 day trial for now :) FINAL FANTASY XI some of you WoW players might like this game more its a much more complex game ^.^ if u decide to play, play on the World Bahamut and give me a /tell im Nodeath (nothing about Ab/Tb/Dl stuff please some times people are over my shoulder) its a really fun game!
Word Of Warcraft is WAY more complex I think, it also has more users. There's a reason FFXI is offering a free trial, they are losing members and they want more. WoW and others always offered free trials since that's actually a good idea FFXI never did until they needed to.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other

More complex? Sure if a grindfest is more complex.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Not quite what I meant what I meant was the actual in game play is more complex and no its not a grind fest that’s what WoW is (In my opinion lol) in this game u actually have to play with others you cant reach top level by your self in FFXI it is needed to party with others to level. Also your not limited to one job per character, each character u create can be any class that you want to play, and you get a Sub job so if in WoW u were a 70 paladin u would be a 70 paladin / 35 warrior meaning you would have the abilities of a 70 paladin and a 35 warrior and there is a much wider selection of which job u want to play! I was a WoW junky (not calling any of you WoW junkies but I was one) ^.^ I’m not saying FFXI is so much better but it has its strong points just as WoW does.
Jobs List Standard Jobs:
Black Mage
Monk
Red Mage
Thief
Warrior
White Mage

Advanced Jobs:
Bard
Beastmaster
Blue Mage
Corsair
Dancer
Dark Knight
Dragoon
Ninja
Paladin
Puppetmaster
Ranger
Samurai
Scholar
Summoner

(P.S Sorry for the long post. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions ^.^ And if you’re into WoW I hope you like the new class that’s coming out soon! And Pojo i may be! ^.^)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
It's the same thing as the WoW talent system, you spec for your certain style of gameplay and learn the skills that come with each tree along with your standard class skills.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
WoW just seams a lot more fun to me and Lich king looks like its going to blow FFXI away. Plus there was only like one expansion pack in FFXI right?

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
WoW just seams a lot more fun to me and Lich king looks like its going to blow FFXI away. Plus there was only like one expansion pack in FFXI right?
There's like..four expansions (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess). And all of them add way more than either of WoW's sad attempts :X Seriously, you need to actually play FFXI for comparison before you try to sadly claim that WoW is more complex, lulz

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't think I ever claimed WoW was better and I played neither game. But from what I seen and heard WoW is just overall better. Also the past few final fantasy games have done nothing for me, they might as well remove all gameplay and be a CG movie studio.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
umm there is 3 expansions in ffxi ^.^

It's the same thing as the WoW talent system, you spec for your certain style of gameplay and learn the skills that come with each tree along with your standard class skills.
lol not realy there is not a "skill tree" im assuming you have not played FFXI? ^.^'

Last edited by a moderator:

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I used to play FFXI, I was a lvl 34 THF, 17 RNG, 20 WHM, 28 BLM, 4 BST, 7 WAR, maybe some others, I don't remember (I stopped playing nearly a year ago)

Oh yes, I was also a Mithra :3

I have to say I like the economic system better than any other MMORPG I played, not to mention you could raise Chocobos (For me, Three tries, Three failures >.<) The Bazaar/ trade/ auctionhouse system made for some interesting dynamics, And for a period of three months, I tracked the economic welfare of FFXI. It moves like a real life one, but a lot faster.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
My friend is nuts about this game. He's only level 11 and has been playing for 11 bajillion years now. I don't know why he likes it so much seeing as he plays it like once a week.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I don't think they was vomiting because of the game, i think it was because they was stupid enough to drink a few beer as they played.

I know back in my WoW day there was a few guys that will drink as they played a boss battle, so i pretty sure that is the same here

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
For what it's worth, I played the original final fantasy on the NES with the 'standard' group setting.

Then I played through it again, giving up the red mage/rogue for a white/black mage so I could play with EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME. I was quite the final fantasy fan.

I thought final fantasy X was one of the greatest games ever. Even the opening theme music with the piano made me stop and think it amazing how much emotion they could fit in a PIANO of all things.

I however, would not play this game. I've heard some (probably unsubstantiated) claims that the 'newbie' market is shot, because high level players camp out the areas new players need stuff, in order to jack up the price and make new players pay out the ass from day 1. That's not even the icing on the cake though.

I heard about some 'big boss battle' and read a posting on it from the guild attempting it. It was something about them spending like 22 hours on a battle trying to beat it, and then failing. Then someone on that page, had quoted the staff of FFonline about another fight, and the staff said it should generally take people about 12 hours to finish the fight.

That transcends 'time sink', into more of an 'eternal vortex'. If I was doing anything in a game and was told it should take me (and 39 other people) over 2 hours to do it, i'd uninstall it right there.

P.S. FFX was the greatest game ever, and FFX2 (From Squaresoft to Square/Eenix) was the DUMBEST game ever. I tried my best to play it because I wanted to see where the end plot of the first one ended up going and it was just awful. "Ladies! Activate dress sphere power! Witch hat+robe ON! Magic power GO!".... It felt like I was playing Final Fantasy: Barbie funhouse dress-up edition. I think i'm done with final fantasy forever.

liloneinmymind

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
For what it's worth, I played the original final fantasy on the NES with the 'standard' group setting.

Then I played through it again, giving up the red mage/rogue for a white/black mage so I could play with EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME. I was quite the final fantasy fan.

I thought final fantasy X was one of the greatest games ever. Even the opening theme music with the piano made me stop and think it amazing how much emotion they could fit in a PIANO of all things.

I however, would not play this game. I've heard some (probably unsubstantiated) claims that the 'newbie' market is shot, because high level players camp out the areas new players need stuff, in order to jack up the price and make new players pay out the ass from day 1. That's not even the icing on the cake though.

I heard about some 'big boss battle' and read a posting on it from the guild attempting it. It was something about them spending like 22 hours on a battle trying to beat it, and then failing. Then someone on that page, had quoted the staff of FFonline about another fight, and the staff said it should generally take people about 12 hours to finish the fight.

That transcends 'time sink', into more of an 'eternal vortex'. If I was doing anything in a game and was told it should take me (and 39 other people) over 2 hours to do it, i'd uninstall it right there.

P.S. FFX was the greatest game ever, and FFX2 (From Squaresoft to Square/Eenix) was the DUMBEST game ever. I tried my best to play it because I wanted to see where the end plot of the first one ended up going and it was just awful. "Ladies! Activate dress sphere power! Witch hat+robe ON! Magic power GO!".... It felt like I was playing Final Fantasy: Barbie funhouse dress-up edition. I think i'm done with final fantasy forever.
umm 12 hours is not the boss fight its getting completely too the boss threw zones and things as for 22 hour long thing, it was bound to have TONS of down time/ set backs XD

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
omg ^__^ FFXI is best game ever >=D

=P

in a few weeks im finally getting my computer fixed enough to continue playing it =D

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Yeah, I am quite likely to get a laptop for my birthday, so there's a good chance I'll start playing again. Of course, the question is, do I join back up on Diabolos, my original server, where I have a number of preestablished friends and IRL friends, or join some completely different server just for the experiance of it?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Even the opening theme music with the piano made me stop and think it amazing how much emotion they could fit in a PIANO of all things.
Hold on! I'm reviving an old thread because I disagree with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.