Free OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I thought it would be cool to start a list of Operating Systems that are free, such as Linux.

One that I found is based off of Win 95/2000/xp and is extremaly fast.

Frontpage - ReactOS Website

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I thought it would be cool to start a list of Operating Systems that are free, such as Linux.

One that I found is based off of Win 95/2000/xp and is extremaly fast.

Frontpage - ReactOS Website
[font="Calibri,Arial"]That's because Win 95/2000 would be really fast on a modern computer. They were designed for between 32 and 128 mb of ram and a 1Ghz or less processor. So if you come along with your machine with 4GB of Ram and a 2.5Ghz dual core processor, the systems are more in danger of breaking with the speed than of being slow.[/font]

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
[font="Calibri,Arial"]That's because Win 95/2000 would be really fast on a modern computer. They were designed for between 32 and 128 mb of ram and a 1Ghz or less processor. So if you come along with your machine with 4GB of Ram and a 2.5Ghz dual core processor, the systems are more in danger of breaking with the speed than of being slow.[/font]
I'm not an expert on the relations between software and cpu speeds, but I'm sure they got rid of the whole "your CPU is too fast" problem back in the 16-bit/Early 32-bit days.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]AFAIK, Win 95 is affected by that and then some applications with legacy code were affected until about 2000. And of the course, the merely crap programs are also affected.

Although, the purpose of my post was just to say that running old software on a new computer makes it fast 9/10 times.[/font]

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Solaris and BSD.

oh and... GNU/HURD instead of GNU/Linux. But its in development for 20? years now, so..
Also there is Plan 9 or Minix. Well they're all nothing to consider for an everyday desktop I think. :eek:

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]AFAIK, Win 95 is affected by that and then some applications with legacy code were affected until about 2000. And of the course, the merely crap programs are also affected.

Although, the purpose of my post was just to say that running old software on a new computer makes it fast 9/10 times.[/font]
OMG where is the disk of the first OS.
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.