• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Free and Legal Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Anyone like going to lastfm or pandora? Know of anyone who releases under the Creative Commons? What about other collections of free music, such as demoscene stuff as found at pouet? Do you listen to internet radio, such as shoutcast? A couple of my favorite stations are somafm and nectarine (although the latter was destroyed by a hacker in Sept 2008, it's being slowly rebuilt here and an interim station is here).

Role
Private
Been on last.fm for a while now! Have discovered so many awesome new artists because of it. Absolutely indispensable service for me. :)

Role
Private
I really do like free streaming Internet radio ... but they've come under fire over the years as the hoards at the gates all want a cut.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I tend to use Spotify a lot. Seeing as I got a free invite and don't have to pay anything to use it. As for creative commons, the 8bitpeoples label realeased a lot using it. Here's a torrent containing a lot of their releases.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I use Last.fm, Been using it for a good year now. 15K scrobs. Yes, found a few new artists from that.

I've got the first 1500 tracks from OCRemix.org. Most of them are pretty decent.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Who cares whether or not it's free and legal. I say if you want music right now just torrent some. I really don't see an issue there. Now, I do however will SOMETIMES buy an artist's cd if I really like their music for my car as my iPod transmitter acts up where I live. If it wasn't for that I'd never buy a cd. Granted, the last cd I bought was back in 1994.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Who cares whether or not it's free and legal. I say if you want music right now just torrent some. I really don't see an issue there. Now, I do however will SOMETIMES buy an artist's cd if I really like their music for my car as my iPod transmitter acts up where I live. If it wasn't for that I'd never buy a cd. Granted, the last cd I bought was back in 1994.
You can't promoted illegal stuff here on Adisc. Anytime someone talks about downloading music that topic is shut down, unless its free music like this topic. Of course once someone wanted a episode of House and help was given to him on how to download/steal it. So really it's hit n miss.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I've been using Lastfm for awhile, and AOLmusic is pretty good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.