Found something good online, from the early days of AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I found the earliest Jerry Springer show with AB on it. It also includes the late Heidi Lynn of Phoenix.

FuzzyMemories.TV - Screening Room

Good find from what I can see. It tries to be positive, but I can see Springer just plain don't get it.

WildThing121675

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I find that if you look at this and then the more resent Springer show on the topic it seems that we were alot more understanding back then rather now.

Role
  1. Other
I find that if you look at this and then the more resent Springer show on the topic it seems that we were alot more understanding back then rather now.

Those daytime talk shows, used to be about giving people information about subjects that were not commonly known. Now they are just schlock entertainment.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Those daytime talk shows, used to be about giving people information about subjects that were not commonly known. Now they are just schlock entertainment.

:thumbup4:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
The video doesn't work for me

just do a search on 'adult babies'. it looks like the jerry springer episode is in 5 parts. just finished up part 1. its interesting, but jerry really doesnt get it, lol.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Too bad they didn't have the ending!
But yeah it was very interesting. Good find!

WhiteWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
I think what you have found may have been fairly important. In essence it shows how the early understanding of an AB/DL at the time. If you listen to the arguemeants between them and how they surmaise what is the problem and how they attack it and how they defend it. Though it all revolved around a central idea that it was a cure. So from what i have heard this was something that was a disease (Voodoo as someone put it) and it wasnt the solution. If you look over how perceptions have changed and certain ideas become clearer. It kinda helps me understand a bit more on why people act the way they do when confronted with this, and the information they provide either in support or against the matter, its just so amazing. I never knew how often this was and I belive this is a milestone record for this.

Now, on the topic of the show, i didnt expect anyone to understand this, or even to comprehend it. I saw this exact show when i was around 4 or 5 and this was my first introduction that there were others who held the same intrest. Maybe the public wont see it a positive light, and probably not even in a neutral light but it does help people know that it exists. And it is very nice to hear actually both sides on the matter, though i wish it was on a more well respected show (though if it was it might have been more biased against it.)

Those are kinda my thoughts on the program, i really liked being able to see this again, after about 10-12 years.

Y

Yumi

I remember seeing that on TV when I was like 4 or 5 (rerun, as it came out before I was born). I remember my great grandma saying how sick they were... I kind of remember finding the idea interesting. (I didn't see the clips yet) I just remember a home video (censored) of a grown man being diapered. It was very interesting to me.

EDIT AGAIN: My gawd. JS has changed so much. Calm and intelligent talk show... To... Violent, idiotic, and... Stupid... things... .___.

EDIT AGAIN: I saw a totally different episode. I remember Jerry's hair was slightly... losing it's... colour? There was a guy wearing a footie pj with his 'mommy', and a guy totally dressed with.. In orange? With fake yellow hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I never knew that the Jerry Springer show was ever so thoughtful before today, and those are much more interesting than the new Jerry Springer show.
The old Jerry springer show is just Boos, Clapping and Laughing, it seems a bit more mild back then.

Last edited:

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I have another Jerry Springer AB episode from circa 1998, give or take, which is true to the form of Jerry Springer at that time.

However, not sure of the best way to post THAT episode, or those that want to see it. In that episode, we come off looking like a bunch of losers, weirdos and nutbags. If one wants to see that episode, maybe I can do something. Just not sure where to post it. It's like a large file.

WildThing121675

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ahh that video takes me back to the good ol' 80's. Drive-in movies were still around, a movie ticket cost ya a dollar, and Micheal Jackson was still black.

This is quality programming. Now daytime talk-shows are carnival freak shows where some trailer trash spins a wheel to determine what toothless mullethead is her "baby daddy".

I have another Jerry Springer AB episode from circa 1998, give or take, which is true to the form of Jerry Springer at that time.

However, not sure of the best way to post THAT episode, or those that want to see it. In that episode, we come off looking like a bunch of losers, weirdos and nutbags. If one wants to see that episode, maybe I can do something. Just not sure where to post it. It's like a large file.

WildThing121675

Yeah I think I recall that episode, is it the one with the midget and the reverend?

I want mah Jerry Beeds!

Cheers
-GT

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
No, not the that one. It had a group of ABs on it and they showed what AB was like, but it was different. It was your typical Springer show from the late 1990s. However, the one with the midget and the reverend is on YouTube, or a part of it is.

WildThing121675

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
It's not working... all I can find when I search is some dumb thing with an 'Adult Baby Midget'. Beats me. :shrug:

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Stephanie had the charisma of a potted plant, I have to admit.

-GT

With respect, at the time Jerry Springer decided to produce his first episode about AB, Denise Roma was a grad student living in Madison, WI. She had become a friend to many of us in DPF. I had met her in-person at a DPF party in San Francisco a few weeks after I had been a guest on Montel Williams Show. When Springer's produce phoned me I explained I did not have time to fly from Los Angeles to Chicago and suggested probably Denise could have a bus or train from Madison. She agreed to be on the show under the condition she be called "Stephanie" and be provided with a wig. On Montel I had a wig and was called "Jessica" except when my husband Don goofed and called me Angela.

Denise remained in contact with me for several years after she earned her masters. I felt she had a wonderful personality and was a super example of all that is good about ABDL.

Let us face the fact that in 1991-1993 all the TV talk shows wanted to make fun of big babies. It started with Phil Donahue during the 1991 November sweeps, then there was Montel during the 1992 February sweeps. Dr. Deen did an episode for the September 1992 sweeps and Springer with Denise and Heidi was during the 1992 November sweeps.

The hosts all protested and the studio audiences were negative, yet Denise told me she got tons of positive fan mail. In 1992 I averaged 200 fan letters a month from non-DPFers. Obviously a lot of folks were watching those shows.

So, how about some compassion for Denise=Stephanie?

Also, the first several times I met Heidi he was still mostly living as a responsible man. After he started living as Heidi Lynn most of the time we seldom were in the same city, so toward the end of Heidi's life we were incontact on-line.

I understand that many do not care for the way Heidi lived. But please remember Heidi had been a performer on stage for years. He had the style and skill to project the best to all. Personally I will always smile when I remember during the first Springer AB episode how Heidi bonked that pompus fraud Butterworth with a baby bottle calling him a "Poop Head" which summed up that guy's understanding of infantilism. By the way, is there any evidence Butterworth actually had a PhD or was licensed as a psychologist?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I can't get a lot of videos to work with Firefox, but they will work with Internet Explorer. You might try that approach. Firefox keeps asking for plugins that don't work.

On being accepted, the 21st century is a lot more accepting than the middle of the 20th. I remember watching a Cold Case on TV where this girl, living in the 50's, wanted to be a guy. She dressed like a guy and acted like one. She was put into a mental ward and taught (?) to act and dress like a girl. Though it was a TV show, it had a firm basis in truth. Homosexual bars in the 50's and 60's were raided and the occupants clubbed and arrested. They were considered mentally ill. Imagine how they would have treated an adult baby, or worse, a gay adult baby. Some of these people were put into institutions and given shock therapy, and even lobotomised. Believe me, we have come a long way. It's a shame JS has gone backwards with his schlock sensationalism. Really, he's making fun of anyone who is different, and bringing back the 50's and all its hate.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
With respect, at the time Jerry Springer decided to produce his first episode about AB, Denise Roma was a grad student living in Madison, WI. She had become a friend to many of us in DPF. I had met her in-person at a DPF party in San Francisco a few weeks after I had been a guest on Montel Williams Show. When Springer's produce phoned me I explained I did not have time to fly from Los Angeles to Chicago and suggested probably Denise could have a bus or train from Madison. She agreed to be on the show under the condition she be called "Stephanie" and be provided with a wig. On Montel I had a wig and was called "Jessica" except when my husband Don goofed and called me Angela.

Denise remained in contact with me for several years after she earned her masters. I felt she had a wonderful personality and was a super example of all that is good about ABDL.

Let us face the fact that in 1991-1993 all the TV talk shows wanted to make fun of big babies. It started with Phil Donahue during the 1991 November sweeps, then there was Montel during the 1992 February sweeps. Dr. Deen did an episode for the September 1992 sweeps and Springer with Denise and Heidi was during the 1992 November sweeps.

The hosts all protested and the studio audiences were negative, yet Denise told me she got tons of positive fan mail. In 1992 I averaged 200 fan letters a month from non-DPFers. Obviously a lot of folks were watching those shows.

So, how about some compassion for Denise=Stephanie?

Also, the first several times I met Heidi he was still mostly living as a responsible man. After he started living as Heidi Lynn most of the time we seldom were in the same city, so toward the end of Heidi's life we were incontact on-line.

I understand that many do not care for the way Heidi lived. But please remember Heidi had been a performer on stage for years. He had the style and skill to project the best to all. Personally I will always smile when I remember during the first Springer AB episode how Heidi bonked that pompus fraud Butterworth with a baby bottle calling him a "Poop Head" which summed up that guy's understanding of infantilism. By the way, is there any evidence Butterworth actually had a PhD or was licensed as a psychologist?

That's a good question, even if it's rhetorical. I remember during a behind the scenes feature, Heidi reported that the cast all huddled together (except for the Butterworth guy himself) during a commercial break and planned out the "Narrow Minded Poopy Head" bit.

And to answer your question, I doubt it. They wouldn't pay a psychologist the crazy high salary to be a bigot. Psychologists don't percieve people as freaks or "mainstream"; diapers or boxers. They percieve them in statistics, hypothesis, numbers, and graphs. They're not there to judge, they're mission is to understand, interpret and predict human behavior. I do know, I leaned into psychology myself for a while.

Oh and I really doubt regression drives people to psychosis or depression or suicide. It's a natural defense mechanism, just like the others. It's not a syndrome or disorder, it's a degree. Tell me one person who doesn't keep an old teddy bear on the shelf cos it reminds them of when they were small. It all manifests itself in different ways.

-GT

Status
Not open for further replies.