Forum Mechanics Tools & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I rather think it would be a good idea to have a separate place for useful forum tools... a kind of "ADISC For Dummies"... wiki? administrative stuff sub-forum? Ayanna just posted this gem... I think it would be nice not to have these things lost in buried threads...
I was asked to post this...sooooooo...here it is!

1. Find YouTube video you think others would enjoy (in this case the opening sequence from an old Canadian Childrens' Program called "Under the Umbrella Tree" which featured Holly (a woman), Iggy Iguana, Gloria Gopher, and Jacob Blue Jay (puppets))
  2. Copy the (direct link) URL
  3. Choose the Insert Link icon in the forum post 'editor'
  4. Enter the URL for the YouTube video
  5. Click OK
  6. TADA

You can also do this by following steps 1 and 2 above and then putting [ url= your.url.here ] the actual url [ /url ] (without the spaces of course) but the first way is the easiest. [ center ] and [ /center ] (without the spaces) at either end will centre the video in the message.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
An other thing that may be nice to know when posting these kinds of things is the [noparse] tag. if you just put the BB code between [noparse] and [/noparse] it will treat it as normal text and you won't have to fiddle around with the spaces etc to make a tag show.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Another tip: you don't have to follow any complicated instructions to make a youtube/etc video show up. Just include the URL to it in your post, preferably on a new line. The forum should format it correctly without you having to do anything more. I avoided saying this earlier because I diddn't want to discourage ayanna from poking around and explaining how things could be done.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
This one is courtesy of Charlie F: how to make a poll: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=14381&highlight=yes,+post+poll#post14381

How to make a poll:
When making a new topic, before hitting the "submit new thread" button, look below it in the "Additional Options" section.
In there, there's a poll option, check the box next to "Yes, post a poll with this thread". Then choose the number of poll options that you'd want (so for this thread, you'd pick 2). Then after hitting the "submit new thread" button you can choose what selections you want in your poll (in this case "thick" or "thin").
And there you go!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
If you have already hit "submit new thread" then you can still post a pol using the "thread options" menu and select "add poll to thread" (or something very similar) then just
Then choose the number of poll options that you'd want (so for this thread, you'd pick 2). Then after hitting the "submit new thread" button you can choose what selections you want in your poll (in this case "thick" or "thin").
And there you go!

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Could someone please give a quick tutorial on multiquoting? I never learned to do so and got in the habit of doing it manually... *facepalm* *feels dumb for not knowing how to use a basic feature...*

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Click all the multiquote buttons in the order that you want them in your post
Click the "post reply" button.
Then you get to the screen where you can make your reply and all the posts you selected are in there as quotes.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
ty... As you might have guessed, these tips are not just for me but for our newbies too...

Status
Not open for further replies.