Formula

etx93

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
How many drink formula and is there any brand that taste the best?

i prefer enfamil enspire. it is sweet and creamy.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43
I love formula.

Baby formula is not good for adults to much iron . But you can use a adult insure to simulate baby formula.

Ensure is actually pretty good too

I love baby formula

I’ve never had it but would have to be better out of a bottle held by my mommy as she smiles and looks deeply into my eyes .

formula has a lot of iron. you cannot use it as a food substitute and drink in moderation.

Lot of iron, huh? Perhaps that is what I need then. About 1/3 of the time I go to donate blood, I am ineligible and they won’t let me donate because of the physical when they check my iron level. They offer to prick a finger on my other hand. Think I’ve only ever gotten a high enough number once or twice on the second try when they do that. Usually, when the first try fails, the second does too. The acceptable range for women is lower though. Can’t recall what my numbers wind up being. Don’t think they’re necessarily unhealthily low but not high enough to donate sometimes. What are the risks of too much iron?

LilHotRod said:
What are the risks of too much iron?
Cardiac disease, increased risk of heart attack. Babies need iron, calcium, all that, they're growing; once we get up there, there are certain nutrients we don't need anymore and our bodies either reject them, sometimes in spectacular ways...or bloat on 'em. Iron is of the latter. Some may need a little iron added but not as much.

I'll never touch infant formula, it's just too sacred. I didn't feel so much that way before COVID hit, even though I never drank it, but once the idiots started hoarding and it got scarce, I vowed to never touch it again. Babies need it so much more than I do...and because I'm lactose-intolerant anyway, I just drink Walmart brand almond milk...either original (sweet, almondy taste) or chocolate in my baby bottle. Loads cheaper than formula, too. 🍼🧸🤗🥰

Reactions: mistykitty and newAB43
BobbiSueEllen said:
Cardiac disease, increased risk of heart attack. Babies need iron, calcium, all that, they're growing; once we get up there, there are certain nutrients we don't need anymore and our bodies either reject them, sometimes in spectacular ways...or bloat on 'em. Iron is of the latter. Some may need a little iron added but not as much.

I'll never touch infant formula, it's just too sacred. I didn't feel so much that way before COVID hit, even though I never drank it, but once the idiots started hoarding and it got scarce, I vowed to never touch it again. Babies need it so much more than I do...and because I'm lactose-intolerant anyway, I just drink Walmart brand almond milk...either original (sweet, almondy taste) or chocolate in my baby bottle. Loads cheaper than formula, too. 🍼🧸🤗🥰
I’m with you on that

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I am a breast-baby, but I have tried a few infant formulas from time to time, such as when Lilly (My Mommy) is giving her breasts a break.
I have gone a couple of years between breast-feeding binges, and she usually just uses the old fashioned cow's milk with Karo corn syrup recipe.
Find that here: https://www.food.com/recipe/baby-formula-383047

Lilly has purchased a few baby formulas in the past and there are a few that come really CLOSE (but no cigar) to breast milk.
I happen to like:
Gerber Good Start
Happy Baby Organic
Pure Bliss by Similac

But the closest to Lilly's breast milk that I've found (for my liking) is Enfamil Enspire!

Last edited:
  • Love
Ah, thank you for that. Too bad I didn’t see this sooner. Wound up getting some to try out. 6-pack of those ready to use 2-ounce bottles. Wasn’t impressed. Didn’t spit it out but I guess I was expecting something sweeter. Knowing what I know now, guess I’ll drink the rest sparingly or find someone to donate them to, as I hate to waste.

You raise an excellent point. Something I think about regarding this kink from time to time, especially when products sell out. Formula is one thing. But what about the supply chain issue that happened because of the Panama Canal incident? Should we limit our diaper purchases to ensure those who need them can get them? What about baby food, wipes, powder, lotion, pacis, stuffies, etc that we like to indulge in? Are we being inconsiderate to those who actually need these things?

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
Now I’m scared to drink formula because of everyone’s insight. Value my health, and would not want to put it in jeopardy. The almond milk sounded like a good option

LilHotRod said:
Ah, thank you for that. Too bad I didn’t see this sooner. Wound up getting some to try out. 6-pack of those ready to use 2-ounce bottles. Wasn’t impressed. Didn’t spit it out but I guess I was expecting something sweeter. Knowing what I know now, guess I’ll drink the rest sparingly or find someone to donate them to, as I hate to waste.
There are very few formulas I've tried that taste okay. Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire are the only ones I think taste good. I tried some of the Similac 360 recently and it was horrible.

With the iron - keep in mind you're drinking a portion for a baby, when you extrapolate to your state as an adult you're probably not as in danger as others suggest in moderation. 5 ounces of formula has about 1.8mg of iron. An average adult man should have 8mg per day, and 18 mg for an adult woman under 50. According to a quick research 40mg is the level you could be seeing medical issues. 60mg is considered lethal. Even if you make a pitcher of 32 ounces of formula to drink in a day you're still only at the 12mg level. To reach health issues would be quadruple that on a daily basis. (I am not a doctor, just some quick research)

Reactions: LilHotRod, newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
sofiahammerstein said:
There are very few formulas I've tried that taste okay. Enfamil Neuropro and Enfamil Enspire are the only ones I think taste good. I tried some of the Similac 360 recently and it was horrible.

With the iron - keep in mind you're drinking a portion for a baby, when you extrapolate to your state as an adult you're probably not as in danger as others suggest in moderation. 5 ounces of formula has about 1.8mg of iron. An average adult man should have 8mg per day, and 18 mg for an adult woman under 50. According to a quick research 40mg is the level you could be seeing medical issues. 60mg is considered lethal. Even if you make a pitcher of 32 ounces of formula to drink in a day you're still only at the 12mg level. To reach health issues would be quadruple that on a daily basis. (I am not a doctor, just some quick research)

Those stats put my mind at ease

• Thinking
newAB43 said:
Now I’m scared to drink formula because of everyone’s insight. Value my health, and would not want to put it in jeopardy. The almond milk sounded like a good option
You can use insure adult protein drinks they have chocolate vanilla flavor that will simulate baby formula.

Reactions: newAB43 and BobbiSueEllen
foxkits said:
You can use insure adult protein drinks they have chocolate vanilla flavor that will simulate baby formula.

That’s a great idea!!!

• Love
LilHotRod said:

You raise an excellent point. Something I think about regarding this kink from time to time, especially when products sell out. Formula is one thing. But what about the supply chain issue that happened because of the Panama Canal incident? Should we limit our diaper purchases to ensure those who need them can get them? What about baby food, wipes, powder, lotion, pacis, stuffies, etc that we like to indulge in? Are we being inconsiderate to those who actually need these things?
I don't think so other than formula. Those other things usually aren't in any sort of short supply. And yeah the formula isn't good for you. Lots of alternatives if you want the feeling.

etx93 said:
How many drink formula and is there any brand that taste the best?
Taste is purely subjective, I cannot tolerate brussel sprouts yet my wife loves them. Conversely, I enjoy formula and she shudders if I suggest she has some. She says she tried it when our youngins were babies and never again.
I drink formula pretty regularly and I love it. A few years ago my wife tricked me by giving me a bottle of formula instead of the usual milk I had been drinking. She thought she was being funny, she put a little honey in it and told me it was almond milk, I believed her and then next time we were playing "baby time" she did it again. That weekend I had 4 bottles and Sunday night after I finished my night time bottle she started laughing and asked me if I had enjoyed my formula? I didn't believe her until she showed me the can of Similac. Then one day I was alone decided to make my own bottle of formula, not knowing she had been adding the honey. I knew it was different, but I still liked it and have been drinking it plain since.
Don't listen to all the misinformation out there. It is not dangerous for healthy adults. Do your own research and read the labels. The amount of iron in even the newborn formula is nowhere near a dangerous level, not even close. I would be more worried about the calories, but even then not really a problem, still much less than an average meal. My Similac is 100 calories in 5 ounces, and 1.4 milligrams of iron per 100 calories. For comparison, Nature Made iron supplement is 65 milligrams per tablet. You would need to drink 230 ounces just to get 65 milligrams of iron (and about 4600 cal.). Good luck drinking that much in even 2 days. Like anything else you consume, know the facts and make an informed decision.
Remember formula is made for growing babies so it is not a fat free food and should only be an addition to your diet not a nutrition source.
Now go drink and enjoy your formula...

IMGP0306.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Dlkt and newAB43
Back