Former bedwetter thoughts

MonteDriver93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I used to bed wet most nights, and always went to bed expecting to wake up wet.

This was a problem for me till around the age of 16. I was in foster care from the age of 10 and in a vary high stress environment most of the time which is what I attribute to why it took so long to stop.

In the end it did stop once I found an awesome family to live with and my level of stress dropped significantly. But one thing that never stopped was the worry that I'd wake up wet especially when I'd sleep some place other then my bed.

I'm 25 now and it still bothers me when I stay at a friends place or a motel room. Obviously not worried at all when I'm diapered but that's besides the point.

Just curious how many other former bed wetters may be bothered by this as well.
How old where you when you stopped having accidents at night?

I was in my early 20's before I was reliably dry at night. Bedwetting was just a normal nightly
occurence for me until my late teens and still several nights a week slowly reducing in frequency until I finally stopped just before my 22nd birthday. I rarely stayed away from home growing up for this reason. All our family knew I wet the bed.

It is funny after potty trained that I can’t remember I had one accident when I was around seven at night and one time awake when I was really depressed I don’t if was the medication and it was not a flow was a little bit but enough to wet my pants, but anyway I have always been scared tomate the bed if there is somebody or peeing my pants I don’t know why

I suppose I am pretty lucky. I stopped bedwetting around 7 or 8. I really don't ever recall any worries about my goodnites leaking when sleeping over at a friends, or any fears of wetting after I had grown out of it. I do have one memory of waking up to wet sheets in the morning after a sleepover with a friend, and I was baffled as to what had happened, my friend asked me if I wet the bed, but I could have sworn it was just sweaty sheets or that he wet.

Actually, after a few years of staying dry, I realized how much I liked wetting the bed and getting to wear goodnites, and wished I could go back.

Reactions: chamberpot
goodnites55376 said:
I suppose I am pretty lucky. I stopped bedwetting around 7 or 8. I really don't ever recall any worries about my goodnites leaking when sleeping over at a friends, or any fears of wetting after I had grown out of it. I do have one memory of waking up to wet sheets in the morning after a sleepover with a friend, and I was baffled as to what had happened, my friend asked me if I wet the bed, but I could have sworn it was just sweaty sheets or that he wet.

Actually, after a few years of staying dry, I realized how much I liked wetting the bed and getting to wear goodnites, and wished I could go back.
I never slept over much because I would wet the bed , I also one time woke up wet knowing I hadn't wet the bed one time while sleeping at a friends house in a shared bed.. I knew it was not me ( this time because the front of my pj's were not wet but my back and bottom was ,, I told him I knew it was not me but he claimed he never wet the bed , he was wet in front,, guilty I suspect.
I wet the bed of an on my whole life , but I knew when it was me ...lol

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Just like you Monte, it was normal for me to have various degrees of bedwetting / wetting my training underwear and plastic underpants (PUs) up to around age 6. After going a year being dry, I soaked my friend's bed on a sleepover at age 8. Wetting a pinned on diaper and plastic underpants but having my pjs and bed dry at a subsequent sleepover alarmed me but I went for looking a the bright side - no more soaked sheets, only a diaper and PUs, that were beneath my pj bottoms; I could handle that.

I was fine after age 10 or 11 (plastic mattress cover came off at age 12) but starting college I went back to nighttime wetting again. It was easier for me then to accept wearing a snap on diaper and PUs then (plus an understanding dorm roommate). Now I wear training underwear and PULs even though I only have small wettings about 1 - 4 times per year. I am not bothered by it. In the future I may start heavier night time wetting again just like happened at college but when that happens I can go to a more absorbent product with my PULs and be happy I was smart enough to wear the security undergarments I obviously needed. If I ever go to having accidents during the day while I am awake that will be new to me and bother me then. There are worse medical problems then just having nighttime bedwetting that can be managed with proper diapers / PUs.

Reactions: Wetshisbed and chamberpot
I wore pinned on diapers and plastic pants to bed for years when I was a kid. I got used to being changed out of a wet diaper in the morning. When I finally started drying up I remember being scared at night that I'd pee in my sleep. I also felt really naked without the diapers. If we were away from home somewhere, my parents would put me in diapers again just in case. Even as an older kid it was more comforting being in a diaper than it was worrying about an accident.

Reactions: chamberpot, JOCKMAN and TigerDL
MonteDriver93 said:
I used to bed wet most nights, and always went to bed expecting to wake up wet.

This was a problem for me till around the age of 16. I was in foster care from the age of 10 and in a vary high stress environment most of the time which is what I attribute to why it took so long to stop.

In the end it did stop once I found an awesome family to live with and my level of stress dropped significantly. But one thing that never stopped was the worry that I'd wake up wet especially when I'd sleep some place other then my bed.

I'm 25 now and it still bothers me when I stay at a friends place or a motel room. Obviously not worried at all when I'm diapered but that's besides the point.

Just curious how many other former bed wetters may be bothered by this as well.
How old where you when you stopped having accidents at night?
Hi. I bed wet till I was 19. Once I was dry never trusted my self to sleepover with out a diaper. Which I believe led that I should start wetting again. Now I wet my diapers every night

Reactions: chamberpot and Wetshisbed
I’ve always slept poorly because I’m worried about wetting my bed. I didn’t wet the bed that often but have always slept better if I’m in a diaper. I started having accidents again a couple of years ago and now wear to bed almost every single night.

I was about 11 when I got "control over it" I remember crying all the time because my abusive family just used it as another way to make me feel inferior (yeah I know making a 9-11 year old feel inferior sick right?) and I was always embarrassed at sleep overs and felt "freakish". But in reality it was my bio moms fault she was to caught up in doing bad things, to properly potty train me.

My step mom took over, because she saw it as a way to seem "better" than my bio mom, sounds far fetch but I swear this woman is a narcissist lol.
And so I was "cured", I still have accidents sometimes when I laugh hard, or try to hold it in, and lol I remember having an accident the night of my siblings wedding, my daddy called it "unfortunate" (that was like a 1 year into our relationship) memories came up of feeling shame and stuff.

But now I am mostly fine with it, and dont feel that much shame. I have dips now (i am not incontinent, not that there is anything wrong with that) that I love alot, and I deal with those feelings and turned them into positive ones

Back