Forecasting good days and bad days. Good luck!

Ellyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
This is kind of an offshoot of other conversations, and likely discussed hundreds of times before, but how many have good leakage days and bad days…. That’s to say sometimes I leak just a little, and sometimes a LOT, like floods. Sometimes I can make it to the bathroom (seldom however) and sometimes I gush when I stand, sneeze, breathe (!!!).
Sometimes I leak a little at night, sometimes I soak my double cloth diapers, with little to drink the night before.
Sometimes I can tell when I’m going to have a lite leakage day, sometimes I have a feeling I’m going to need extra changes, and I’m usually right. Sometimes I’m completely wrong about everything.
All I can really count on is that I need the diapers as I have little to no control anymore. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best, always.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 58241, Diprs2, Edgewater and 8 others
Good leak days are edge of my boxer briefs getting damp around the leg cuffs
Bad leakage days are full pants wetting (very rare)
or just urine leaking while changing getting in and out of shower etc (quite common)

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Ellyn
Ellyn said:
This is kind of an offshoot of other conversations, and likely discussed hundreds of times before, but how many have good leakage days and bad days…. That’s to say sometimes I leak just a little, and sometimes a LOT, like floods. Sometimes I can make it to the bathroom (seldom however) and sometimes I gush when I stand, sneeze, breathe (!!!).
Sometimes I leak a little at night, sometimes I soak my double cloth diapers, with little to drink the night before.
Sometimes I can tell when I’m going to have a lite leakage day, sometimes I have a feeling I’m going to need extra changes, and I’m usually right. Sometimes I’m completely wrong about everything.
All I can really count on is that I need the diapers as I have little to no control anymore. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best, always.
Great advice! Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! You have such a great attitude towards life!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, OnePiece and 2 others
I'm familiar with the good days, the average days and the bad days.
Sometimes I can feel that it's gonna be a good day, but I can't trust the feeling, only my diapers.
There are days when there's no control and the bladder completely empties again and again.

DiaperedJeff said:
Great advice! Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! You have such a great attitude towards life!
Thanks! It’s the whole lemonade thing. I like lemonade!

Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
OnePiece said:
I'm familiar with the good days, the average days and the bad days.
Sometimes I can feel that it's gonna be a good day, but I can't trust the feeling, only my diapers.
There are days when there's no control and the bladder completely empties again and again.
I get it….

Ellyn said:
I know this feeling all too well. I have been out of town for about a week. I brought an unopened case of MegaMax with me.

I will be back home for a few days, then away again for an uncertain amount of time. I have a rough idea how long I will be away, but my son is having heart surgery. The return home will be determined by his recovery. I plan to take another full case of MegaMax + whatever I have left from the case I am using now + about a half case of Better Dry.

Both of these trips are highly stressful for me. For me, bad stress usually usually causes more wettings, but not always.

As you said, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. That is all I really have the ability to control.

Yup, it's so unpredictable for me too but it's why I stock a wide variety of diapers so I can try thinner (and often quieter) ones for better days and have thicker ones around for nights when I know I need better protection. Traveling is so difficult for this sometimes, when I am away from home I often miss having anything to chose from. Still as I get older I can often tell where my bladder is at, or not at as the case might be.

Reactions: Ceary, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
smnapp said:
I know this feeling all too well. I have been out of town for about a week. I brought an unopened case of MegaMax with me.

I will be back home for a few days, then away again for an uncertain amount of time. I have a rough idea how long I will be away, but my son is having heart surgery. The return home will be determined by his recovery. I plan to take another full case of MegaMax + whatever I have left from the case I am using now + about a half case of Better Dry.

Both of these trips are highly stressful for me. For me, bad stress usually usually causes more wettings, but not always.

As you said, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. That is all I really have the ability to control.
Best of luck to both of you!!

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, PaddedRita and 1 other person
This is ever good topic Ellyn ( Thank you) 😉

It just had that happen to me yesterday afternoon !
One of the bottom tapes came undone when we was working in the yard . It was leaking around the right leg holes plus my shorts also got wet .
I believe the 85 degree day did soften the tape to come undone !

Last edited:
Rita said:
This is ever good topic Ellyn ( Thank you) 😉

It just had that happen to me yesterday afternoon !
One of the bottom tapes came undone when we was working in the yard . It was leaking around the right leg holes plus my shorts also got wet .
I believe the 85 degree day did soften the tape to come undone !
I very seldom have tape failures these days, unlike with Abena and others years ago. Tape tabs slipping or moving around and bunching are oh so common with disposables in the Texas heat and humidity. That’s mainly why I’ve stuck with cloth all of these years. Except for bulk considerations, cloth is my primary solve all. With a control brief and a fuller skirt, no one is the wiser. Also with cloth, I never worry about leaks.

• Love
Reactions: Ceary, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Reactions: Ellyn, Edgewater and PaddedRita
Ellyn said:
I very seldom have tape failures these days, unlike with Abena and others years ago. Tape tabs slipping or moving around and bunching are oh so common with disposables in the Texas heat and humidity. That’s mainly why I’ve stuck with cloth all of these years. Except for bulk considerations, cloth is my primary solve all. With a control brief and a fuller skirt, no one is the wiser. Also with cloth, I never worry about leaks.

Thank for your input and reply Ellyn !! ;)
Yes it very seldom that I do have tape failures , but it does happen every once in a great while !

Reactions: Ellyn and Diprs2
Good days no leaks , no tape failures , one poopy nappy a day
Bad days leaks galore , , failed or popped tape , multiple poopy nappies

Reactions: Ellyn, Diprs2 and Edgewater
My days are pretty constant but there are certain drinks that will obsoletely lead to larger or more frequent gushes.

Reactions: Ellyn, OnePiece and Edgewater
I have switched back to cloth diapers during the day as I can adjust them based on time and likely volume during that time I will be out and about. With decades of experience I have a fair idea of what to expect, but one never knows what will really happen. Hence the all important diaper bag.

Now retired, and with the exception of occasional consulting projects with known clients, our travels are more daily appointments, shopping, and traveling because we can.

And, just as I become comfortable with predicting, I get a series of flood days! That Box of Chocolate Thing.
Night time is much the same.

Reactions: Ellyn, Diprs2 and OnePiece
So with my urinary incontinence there are actually no good or bad days, there may be times when the number of episodes changes if I drink too much or too little but generally I have there only a fairly limited control.

Bad days are when I get thin stools. This happens fortunately only rarely but if it happens then I better stay home...

Reactions: Diprs2, Ellyn and Edgewater
Back